Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Dressin up the ol 35, with some beautiful Leather

Boolit Mold

Dressin up the ol 35, with some beautiful Leather

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5012.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	78831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5013.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	78832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5014.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	78833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5015.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	78834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5016.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	78835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5017.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	78836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5018.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	78837

Forum member MDC did the leather work, excellent job. Can't wait to show it off at the deer camp this year. Sittin in the shootin house won't be too boring, having something too admire. Those are some 50+ year old silvertips that belong to my daddy. I shot last spring and they still go bang.
    Last edited by KrisR; 08-10-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: double photo

Boolit Mold
    Bump for MDC leather work

Could you share some details about the piece? It looks like gator leather with some sort of medallion inset. I would love to know more. Is it your own custom design that was made for you? The sling is just beautiful, and the matching cartridge carrier/ cheekpiece makes your rifle look customized. Very very nice.

Boolit Master
    Great leather work for a great caliber.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    Could you share some details about the piece? It looks like gator leather with some sort of medallion inset. I would love to know more. Is it your own custom design that was made for you? The sling is just beautiful, and the matching cartridge carrier/ cheekpiece makes your rifle look customized. Very very nice.
    Its all leather, the gator is stamped, quite deep too,, I need a better camera too show it off better. The medallion was a bonus from MDC,,I only sent him pictures of my marlin and told him too go at it, with me being from Florida I wanted some gatorskin on there,,,but too pricy,,,he suggested what you see,,leather stamp. I like it better than the gator I;ve seen..The cuff has an inner liner of soft leather. The rifle sling has a light padding, not sure how he did that, and is comfortable too wear.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    Its all leather, the gator is stamped, quite deep too,, I need a better camera too show it off better. The medallion was a bonus from MDC,,I only sent him pictures of my marlin and told him too go at it, with me being from Florida I wanted some gatorskin on there,,,but too pricy,,,he suggested what you see,,leather stamp. I like it better than the gator I;ve seen..The cuff has an inner liner of soft leather. The rifle sling has a light padding, not sure how he did that, and is comfortable too wear.

Boolit Buddy
    Kris, just want to thank you again. I am very happy that you like how it turned out and I really enjoyed working on it.

I would think in that country you could get your own gator skin. Were me, I would have gator hide holster, cartridge belt and full covered gator hide rifle.

Boolit Grand Master

Looking good! Rather partial to that cartridge and some good leather just makes it better.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisR View Post
    Thanks for that. It is really nice regardless of what anyone thinks of the stamped Gator! I still love the custom look and no doubt the feel is as nice. Great looking Rig, Thanks for sharing.

Boolit Master

Very nice workmenship, looks good, showed my brother the pics and he is thinking on dressing up his ol' .35 brush beater as well.

Absolutly beautiful. You two have me thinking now about my grandfathers winchester.
    Healing hurts. It is supposed to.

RED HORSE US Air Force