RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: debated about posting this.

Boolit Master

debated about posting this.

I hate to do a lot of bragging but the $149 CVA Hawken I won on GB looks like it is going to make a shooter. Ten shots at 50 yds. Should have said with what duh! Lyman plains boolit, 50-50 BW-Lard, 80gr of Home made BP
    Frank G.

In Remembrance

Yup. That's a keeper.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Man
    It never ceases to amaze me how a lot of the CVA's are as accurate as weapons that cost 3 or 4 times as much. That is definitely a keeper that your "friends" are going to try to talk you out of. Great on line score!

Boolit Master
    That's not bragging, just saying you got a good deal and it shoots great!
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Real nice shooting there Frank.
    Bo
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not"
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

I'd be real happy with that.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master

Yep I would say that is a keeper. Good shooting on your part as well. The gun is only as good as the man behind it.

Best wishes

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

What boerrancher said is true.

You can give a so so shooter a race gun and only see a marginal improvement in his scores,
    Give an excellent shooter a decent quality gun and his scores will not be far from what he normally shoots.

A long time ago I heard a former bianchi cup winner say "it ain't the guy that just bought a$1500 gun that worries me, it is he guy that just spent $1500 in primers, powder and projectiles..."
    I make 2 predictions:
    On the date when U.S. troops are issued an Energy Pulse Weapon.
    1. The U.S. soldier will have on his person a version of the Colt 1911.
    2. He will be aiming the new weapon at someone carrying an AK.

Boolit Master

Thats not bragging!!! Thats the proud owner of a muzzle loader warning to what the deer are up against this year! I think you have the upper hand.
    Every shot you get in life counts

On Heaven's Range

Early in my Bullseye shooting career back in the '60s, I was using three club-owned guns.... a Star .22 auto, a K-22 revolver, and a Browning Challenger.

Getting serious, I bought a left-handed Browning Medalist. Scores IMMEDIATELY went up by several points per target. After a few years with the Browning, I went to a High Standard "Military" Citation, and the scores IMMEDIATELY climbed again. The H-S took me well into the "Master" class.

All this shows is that, given a certain amount of acquired skill and knowledge, a more-refined instrument MIGHT help us along the way. At the least, a serious competitor should obtain the best tools he can, in order not to worry about possible shortcomings in his equipment.

(My High Standard lasted for years, until I replaced it with a Unique DES 69, a French-built pistol which I found to be even better for my purposes.

That is VERY nice work with that rifle... I can hear the deer shaking in the bushes from here..
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
    Looks like a good one to me.

Now, if only I can get the operator of my muzzleloader to work right.. I keep trying, must not be consistant enough.... yet..
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same

Thats awsome, not bragging, way to go, makes me want to break out the old smokepole and do some shoot'n today. HC

I am always laughing when someone else finds out the accuracy capability's of a CVA. I put a kit together years n years ago from a CVA Kentucky rifle with the 2 piece stock. as a teenager you can imagine the mess I made of that rifle kit HOWEVER ... when I fed it those patched .440 balls behind the C&H 3f powder ans sparked it off with the cheapest caps I could find ... I could hit pop cans and such size targets at 100 yard anytime I wanted to do so. this with the very PRIMITIVE sights it came with.

I had 2 things going for me then ... first I had eyes I could see with and ... I had the dumb luck that follows a kid that is just out to have fun.

I never discount a CVA and yours is no exception... congrats on a great shootin iron and on a very sharp eye and shooting style.

LOOK OUT DEER POPULATION IN YOUR "AO".

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigted View Post
    I am always laughing when someone else finds out the accuracy capability's of a CVA. I put a kit together years n years ago from a CVA Kentucky rifle with the 2 piece stock. as a teenager you can imagine the mess I made of that rifle kit HOWEVER ... when I fed it those patched .440 balls behind the C&H 3f powder ans sparked it off with the cheapest caps I could find ... I could hit pop cans and such size targets at 100 yard anytime I wanted to do so. this with the very PRIMITIVE sights it came with.

I had 2 things going for me then ... first I had eyes I could see with and ... I had the dumb luck that follows a kid that is just out to have fun.

I never discount a CVA and yours is no exception... congrats on a great shootin iron and on a very sharp eye and shooting style.

LOOK OUT DEER POPULATION IN YOUR "AO".

I have one of those cva kentucky 45 kit guns not especially well finished , fed .440 round balls it makes a lot of center fire rifles look bad at 100 yards

Boolit Master
    I saw a guy with one of those .45 2-piece stock rifles shooting cast .45 ACP slugs. My T/C Hawken couldn't come close to those groups that guy was shooting.

Thumbs up

No need to debate posting thise results, Frank. Excellent!