Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationGraf & SonsStainLess Steel MediaADvertise here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which camera do you suggest?

I use for everything my Sony A77 II. Unfortunately I do not have a macro lens but I can take decent photos with what I have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled (2 of 1)-8.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	168018

No mater what camera you have... use a tripod or steadying support.
    Remember, your best accuracy is achieved... bench rested!

2012 Apple iPhone 5 8mp digital zoom

2008 Canon PowerShot A720 IS 8mp 6x optical zoom

2008 Canon PowerShot G10 14.7mp 5x optical zoom
    There are so many calibers and bullet designs because there are so many different targets... the target is everything.

Boolit Master

Not every web forum resizes your photos, especially if you are linking from an external site. As such, use image editing photos to generate a web-acceptable image of lower resolution and higher compression. In *some* cases, you *might* also want to include a link that people can click to get to a higher resolution photo. There are people who use smartphones for accessing the web and if your photo is too big, the page is going to be slow to load and it will cover well past their screen size making it difficult for them to see the entire image all at once. Yeah, I know -- just use a *real* computer... Sometimes though, you just have your smartphone with you and are traveling.
    When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the
    government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of
    stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...

Si vis pacem, para bellum -- If you want peace, prepare for war

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." -- Barry Goldwater

Tag Line

Boolit Master
    Most cameras work fine. I have been using a Panasonic Lumix camera to good effect. The camera has a built in macro mode (they tend to call it a flower mode with some brands) that lets you take pictures up fairly close within inches of the object. But one thing to get is a picture image editor program that lets you resize, crop pics and save the cropped part and export the picures into different image formats etc. Thus you can select a part of the picture and make that into a new image and resize it as needed. There are other options that could be handy but the saving of a cropped picture portion is quite handy. That selecting a portion of the image has the effect of zooming in on that part or magnifying it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Armscore_22TCM_fired_cartridge_cases_01.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	175270   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Armscore_22TCM_fired_cartridge_cases_02.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	175271  

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    But one thing to get is a picture image editor program that lets you resize, crop pics and save the cropped part and export the picures into different image formats etc.
    I've found the free Irfanview to meet all my needs for files that are going to end up on the web (and even for many that will be printed). I've been using it for

www.irfanview.com

According to the wiki article on it, it's been around for 20 years. I don't know when I first encountered it, but I suspect I've been using it nearly that long.
    When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the
    government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of
    stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...

Si vis pacem, para bellum -- If you want peace, prepare for war

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." -- Barry Goldwater

Tag Line

Anybody use a Nikon CoolPix camera ?
    I recently bought one (12MP, model S570) from a local "Goodwill" store, $2.50 after a 50% discount. It has 5x optical zoom, plus digital zoom that all the cheapo Digital cameras have.

It had a few banged up corners, in fact the battery compartment would not open, due to that. I decided to buy it, after I pryed open the battery compartment, and I seen it uses the same battery as my cheapo Fujifilm digital camera...and I like that 3.7 volt, small, block shaped, Lith Ion battery, They are cheap and quick to recharge and the charge lasts a long time...and I've never had one fail.
    ANYWAY, this Nikon has a ton of features that my fujifilm camera doesn't have, easy to navigate menu, real good Macro feature, real good stabilize feature, easy to use timer, but don't like the video feature compared to my fujifilm's one button video activation. Another issue, is you can't "block" delete photos, like the fujifilm camera can, deleting is real slow with the nikon. There is also some nighttime light correction thingy on the flash, that takes a photo in a very dark room, and the picture looks like daytime, no shadows from flash...I haven't tried that nighttime thingy outside yet...probably won't work as good.

I haven't done much with it yet, but here is an example of a quick "point and shoot" photo of my canning day yesterday. I usually crop these type of photo's, but I left this one "as is" (except I reduced it 50% to fit the castboolits format), to show the light lights and the dark darks and pretty good detail without using a tripod. For a cheapo digital, I think it's a real good one.

Boolit Buddy
    Your pics are testament to two things, your gifted photography and excellent Canon of Japan quality.
    Gondwana

Never give up, no obstacle is invincible, there is always a way.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Termath View Post
    No mater what camera you have... use a tripod or steadying support.
    Remember, your best accuracy is achieved... bench rested!

2012 Apple iPhone 5 8mp digital zoom

2008 Canon PowerShot A720 IS 8mp 6x optical zoom

2008 Canon PowerShot G10 14.7mp 5x optical zoom
    Those boolits under the Ritz box look good enough to eat!
    Gondwana

Never give up, no obstacle is invincible, there is always a way.

Perma-Banned
    Attachment 183882

Samsung Galaxy S3 8mp camera, this phone is OLD news now, but stil takes a decent picture.

Canon 80D with Sigma 10-20 EX lens. No flash, using available lighting. Wide angle ads some distortion but I really like the sharpness and color rendition.

www.uglyhedgehog.com for more information, good camera talk and a new site to kill time while sitting in front of the computer.
    Happy New Year,
    Ken

Name:	IMG_5589.jpg 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	183887  
    Antique Reloading Tool Collector, Historian and Writer
    Newsletter editor: Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Association
    Archive manager, Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Association
    email: pressman@antiquereloadingtools.com
    www.antiquereloadingtools.com

Boolit Man
    I use a Nikon D7000 with a SB800 flash, filter and bounced, along with a home made light box for this photo.

Name:	i-ph5NShV-XL.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	189459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-SSnR5Ph-XL.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	189460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-JJBJWnC-XL.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	189461  

Boolit Buddy

Canon 5d mklll 70-200 f/4L at 70mm using available light in the room.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Z7A5654.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	189656
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

If anyone wants to shoot MACRO, then consider looking for a RAYNOX macro attachment that clips to your lens. the 1.5 gives EXCELLENT detail despite being a clip-on:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smashc.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	192367 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gitd.gif 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	192368 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcoats2.jpg 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	192369 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcdoc.jpg 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	192370

Here is the one I use: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raynox-DCR-1...4AAOSwLF1X7VsN They also have a 2.0 one but the 1.5 works so nice and has a bit more depth to it I feel.

Pay no attention to the camera, it clips on to the front of the lens, but also I think is a 55mm screw on if you do not use the clip. You get to zoom in really big and be about 6-15 inches away from the focal point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234