MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Ruger revolver sights

Boolit Master

Ruger revolver sights

I have had a long barreled Ruger single six for a while now, and just recently bought a 357 Max super Blackhawk with the 10.5" barrel. I have been working on trying shooting these at longer ranges. Both shoot quite well out to 50, I've never shot the 22 any farther and have not had the max long enough to really get it worked out fully yet. I have 2 of the Bowen target rear sights on my 2 bisley Rugers and like them very much, but am looking for something different for these 2 long barreled guns.

I really like the looks of the Freedom Arms silhouette revolvers. The raised rear sights and large globe fronts just look nice to me. I have not shot any pistol silhouette since I was probably 10 years old, and probably never will, but I do like the looks of the sights. I know that Bomar used to make a sight something like the FA one for the Rugers, and still see globe fronts available for the Contender. I would like to set these 2 revolvers up like that, with a higher rear sight and a large globe front.

Since Bomar appears to be no more, does anyone know of any sights like these? I have been unable to locate anything. Since the front sights of both of these revolvers are screwed on, does anyone make a large globe front sight that will screw on?

If there is nothing available out there, I'm actually thinking about adapting some contender sights to work with them. The globe front shouldn't be too hard to adjust if a screw hole will line up close with the current one and it is high enough, but the rear is another story. I'm actually thinking about making (or having made) a base that will bolt on instead of the current rear sight. Something like the base that Weigand makes for the single six, but instead of picatinny slots for scope rings, machine it flat, or rounded to match a Contender rear sight. Then just drill and tap the base to mount the sight. My contender sight is a finger adjustable model, and I don't know if they are all like mine, but it has been very nice and repeatable. Mine has a high blade that I need to cut down to get on target at closer ranges, but it is consistent and repeatable. I would like to get another. Any one have any thoughts about how this might work out?

Thanks, Billy
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Try Bowen for rear sights http://parts.bowenclassicarms.com/in...=index&cPath=2

I have one on my GP100 and it is a quality item. They also have taller front sights to match, but no hood.

The front sight on my FA looks suspiciously like a Bond front sight. Try Eben Brown; he uses them as part of his Silhouette Sight system for TC's and his BF pistols. http://www.eabco.com/store/iron-sigh...-sight-system/