Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Powder Coat Piglet style VS Klass Kote

Boolit Master

I went back to the Klass Kote for a small batch. I'm sending them away to someone else for testing to get a side by side. He's going to shoot some that are ES PC'ed, some that are tumble coated in HF red dry, and some that are KK'ed. The first thing I noticed when I was packing them is that while they all feel slick, the order of slick to the touch with fingers is tumbled HF red is slick being gloss, ES is perfect smooth, but KK almost makes them feel oil slicked. There is no residue but it's like trying to pick up a melting ice cube. Don't pinch them between your fingers too much or the squirt right out. I still worry a bit about the crimp being enough as I don't want any bullet setback but it's not happened yet. I set as firm of a taper crimp as I can on the auto ammo and roll crimp pretty firm on the revolver loads. I've asked for pics as payment for the bullets so I will post them when he sends them.

Does anybody seen how the bullet expands with this powder coat jacket ? like you shoot a deer with it how does it expand I'm assuming we're talking rifle bullet that's coated with the powder coat.
    NRA Life Member
    learn to make your own black powder collect bp arms as there presently not recorded
    smokless is a fad its fading fast, helped along by obama

Does anybody seen how the bullet expands with this powder coat jacket ? like you shoot a deer with it how does it expand I'm assuming we're talking rifle bullet that's coated with the powder coat.
    NRA Life Member
    learn to make your own black powder collect bp arms as there presently not recorded

Wow guess I double tapped it
    NRA Life Member

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910