Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballisti-Cast?

In Remembrance

Just recieved my mold 2 days ago from badgeredd that honchoed the 7mm Thor group from B-C company. It was obviously made by someone that isn`t comfortable with mold making. This is the first mold ,EVER, that I bought new that was rusted on the inside of the mold blocks. This is beside the fact that the mold was finally sent after many excuses about the delay of 10 months past delivery due date, or couldn`t seem to get it figured out about the different size molds ordered, had sprue plate problems and a lack of any preservative oils on the block and then these were shipped to Edd to distribute to we the buyers in the GB! I can probably use 0000 steel wool and light oil to clean the rusty surfaces on my mold. I won`t send this mold back to B-C for repair work as I can`t imagine the wait time for it considering the wait time just to get it. So, YES I won`t be considering ordering any further molds from B-C due to the manner this purchase went.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    just tried calling again since i'm at 5 1/2 months of waiting for my mold.
    the mailbox is full.

ETA Bill just called back (thank you caller ID), He sounded better and seems to working through his pile. Was told that they are making some molds today and that they will be perfect before they are shipped. He was also honest to say that my 10 cavity will be a challenge. I told him I'll check back in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by finishman2000; 08-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I was wondering how long they could go with their problems before something had to change. No product going out means no money coming in and the only people who can keep running at a loss is the government.

I've been holding off buying a casting machine and a sizer from them for the simple reason they didn't have any for sale. Hope they can get it turned around soon.

Boolit Buddy

Update - seen this tonight on there web site a news update:

"New Management"

Posted on November 7, 2013

"Ballisti-cast is now under new management. We are working with a top-notch machine shop to get caught up on past orders as well as get a start on new orders. If you have any questions regarding past orders, past order fulfillment or new orders, email sales@ballisti-cast.com or call Bill Sand @ 701.352.1164"
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Boolit Buddy
    I have been calling Bill every 2 weeks or so asking when my ten cavity would be finished. He has been up front as far as what they were working on at that time. Mostly trying to get machines out. They are now working on getting the backordered molds done. I have been told that 10 cav block has been cut, now just in line for the rest to be done. I've been told another week or two and I should have it. I'm hoping that is true. What else can I do? I've waited for something like 10 months at this point.

Have been waiting since 5/24/2012 on a $409.00 order for molds.
    That’s a long time for them to have my money. I'll just cross my fingers.

Never did get the AR15 lower and mags from Colby Jack a few years ago. Think he may be dead.

Boolit Buddy
    Fax Bill a copy of your invoice then call.

Boolit Buddy

I sent an email last night asking about auto caster, I'm not on the hook for anything but I have an older machine that can use a couple parts.
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Boolit Bub
    I called to order some custom molds a few weeks ago and someone (I think Bill) put me straight over to an engineer at a company they are outsourcing mold production to. The engineer there was extremely helpful and was happy to email back and forth until the mold design was to my specs. Word was it would take about 2 weeks, but I understand xmas etc adds another week on everything. They did not ask for any $$ upfront. I emailed the engineer today asking about any idea on a time frame (I'm on a tight schedule). I'll post a response to this thread when I hear something back.

Boolit Buddy
    Well boys and girls I'm close to getting my mold. Bill surprised me today with a pic of my freshly machine 10 cavity. Should be done and shipped by the end of the week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10cav9mm.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    PS-Could you tell us the name of the company that the molds are being outsourced to ? tia

Boolit Master
    Why are there no vertical vent lines on that mould.. H & G always had them... May not cast well with out them...
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Master
    hammerhead357:

I have eight 4-cavity Ballisti-Cast molds (not recent vintage). Interestingly some have the vertical lines and some do not ! I wondered about it as well but have not noticed any venting problems with those that do not. I would still prefer they all included the vertical vent lines !

Ballisti-Cast 926

Ballisti-Cast 643

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master
    That #926 is a real shooter at long range, I've only got a single cavity, hope they get to making molds. I sure would like a two or four cavity...................................

Boolit Mold
    Ballisti-cast's web site said something to the effect that vertical vent lines were only needed on longer boolits. That's what I recall, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by finishman2000 View Post
    Well boys and girls I'm close to getting my mold. Bill surprised me today with a pic of my freshly machine 10 cavity. Should be done and shipped by the end of the week.
    Glad to see that! I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys, paid in Feb '13 for a 4cav hand cast. Bill posted me a note three weeks ago that the blocks were cut so I guess it back to waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

Sure wish their business practices were as good as their molds.

Boolit Master
    GLL I prefer the moulds to have the vertical vent lines. So how does the one with out them cast.. I just think that the mould vents better with the vertical lines. But that's just my opinion.. By the way those are good looking moulds.
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

They do exist!! This BC #890 finally showed up on Monday and has already proven to be a humdinger! I hope Bill and BC continues to improve delivery times and quality because they can and do produce about as nice a mold as you'll find.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3551 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	95971

Boolit Bub
    Nice looking mold, how long did you wait for it? Glad you have something for the range lead I traded you!

Hi Gene, I got the mold 53 weeks after paying the invoice.

Was it worth the wait? Dunno. Maybe in 20years I'll look at it as a good buy. I do know that it's already a very user friendly mold and has produced 1" groups at 25yards from two different .357s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast