Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballisti-Cast?

Boolit Buddy

Ballisti-Cast?

Has anyone talked the gentlemen at Ballisti-cast Lately? I've made several efforts to call since July 5th and no one answers.
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Boolit Bub
    In the same boat

Moderator Emeritus

See post 198 (posted 6-18-13)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...oup-Buy/page10

It explains why they stopped taking mold orders at that time.
    I have no idea if they have started taking orders yet.
    I got a 3 cav. mold for my 500S&W in Dec. 2012.
    It's an awesome mold, well worth the wait.
    Jon

Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 07-20-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy

Yes they make great molds but I am in need of repair parts for my MKII Auto caster and also wanted to talk to them about doing some upgrades on this commercial machine.

Thanks for the info.

Jeff
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Boolit Master

Try both numbers on the website, and just keep trying, and also try email. They are busy, but they sometimes answer. I talked to them several weeks ago, but also got no answer a few times.

Boolit Buddy
    not easy to get hold of for sure. they will get back to you. I'm 3 months into a 6 month wait for a ten cavity 9mm mold. I'm sure it will be worth the price and the wait.

Boolit Mold
    Just called Derek's number and his voicemail said himself along with a bunch of the staff were locked out of the building and have since left the company. Anybody have idea what went on?

Boolit Master

nrdewalt's message alarmed me so I also called Dereks number. It says the Derek and Mike Sands were locked out of the building and that we should direct our calls to Bill Sands. That number goes to voice mail.

Update: I left a message for Bill Sands, the father, and he called me back. He is taking things over. He has been the owner all along and his son Mike was running the business. Bill got concerned that customers were not getting the service they should and has now taken things over personally and plans to get the business up and running to full capacity.
    Last edited by happy7; 07-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happy7 View Post
    nrdewalt's message alarmed me so I also called Dereks number. It says the Derek and Mike Sands were locked out of the building and that we should direct our calls to Bill Sands. That number goes to voice mail.

Update: I left a message for Bill Sands, the father, and he called me back. He is taking things over. He has been the owner all along and his son Mike was running the business. Bill got concerned that customers were not getting the service they should and has now taken things over personally and plans to get the business up and running to full capacity.
    Thanks for the update.. I am interested in a Mark X, I hope Ballisti-cast gets up to full capacity soon.

Boolit Master

Looks like a new note on the website, Taking orders for the Commercial Casting machine for September.

Boolit Buddy
    Have had a Mark X on order since September. No info since June.

Boolit Bub
    I have been on list for Mark X a year or so also.
    "Practice the art and study the science."

Boolit Buddy
    I spoke with Mr. Bill Sand today. Obviously, this is a rather difficult situation for them, and for everyone involved.

Mr. Sand intends for Ballisti-Cast to continue and be successful. He intends to continue here at CastBoolits as well, and will join our group here when he has a chance to see where everything stands. It is going to take a little time to go through the records, and determine what orders have been filled and what all is outstanding. He intends to be producing molds within the next 10 days or so, and is continuing production of casting machines at this moment.

He asks that anyone who has an issue or outstanding order give him a call, 701-352-1164 or E-mail at sales@ballisticast.com

Boolit Buddy
    I just spoke to Mr. Sands and sent him a copy of my invoice for my mold and handle. I have to admit I'll a little nervous that I'm paid in full at $520. I thought it was strange that they wanted payment in full when on their site it said 50% was the policy. I will post back how this plays out for me.
    Last edited by finishman2000; 07-26-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I spoke again the Mr. Sands and will not go into details on what was said. I will say that others on the fence about sending them money at this time......I say you should wait and see what happens. I was not left warm and fuzzy!

Boolit Bub
    I sent an email July 26, I will wait and see how long or if I ever get a response.

Boolit Buddy
    if you have a question, CALL. He is swamped and I feel over his head.

Love Life
    I hope he can bring it all together. I have been eyeballing the Ballisticast mould catalogs for awhile now, and have just been waiting for them to stabilize.

Boolit Mold
    Happy7's comment on 7-23-13 worries us. We, Mike Sand and Derek Roppel along with the other 5 employees of Sand Fabrication (Ballisti-Cast) were locked out by Bill Sand on July 2, 2013. Bill Sand backed out of a verbal commitment to transfer control of the company to us.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo347.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	77969

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo354.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	77970

We have made a lot of friends in the bullet casting community, and hope to preserve those relationships.

Thank you,

Mike Sand
    Derek Roppel

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Mike, it's nice to see you back on the board. I really hate to see what has happened here for your and Derek's sake. It's sad to see a rift in a family, and regrettable to see a this in a company that has made some really nice strides in producing a new and innovative product.

It's also sad to see it played out in public like this....but there it is, and there is not much to be done for it now.

It really stinks for me personally as well, as I have a lot on the line with Ballisti-Cast, or at least, it's a lot to me. I just spoke to Mr. Bill Sand earlier, and he assures me that he has every intention of honoring Ballisti-Cast's commitments to its customers. But it's obviously going to be a long and difficult road for him to do so without you guys.

I was really hoping a reconciliation could be made that was agreeable to all parties. But I don't know, these things can be....difficult at best.....and perhaps impossible.

Anyway, here is wishing for all the best to You and Derek, and you're both welcome to contact me at any time if you wish. I find myself wishing the situation could be salvaged, you've both worked so hard to get to this point, and for it to end this way is just a bad situation all the way around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast