Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Time MiHec User - MP 360-640 Mold

Boolit Grand Master

I had a feeling my mold list was correct. Here is my mold that's labeled 360-640.

Boolit Master
    Is that the double crimp groove? If so, I thought those were the 359640. Now I'm confused.

Boolit Master
    I wish I could get a hold of this mold... (359 or 360 nomatter) I would definitely like a solid version of it, those 170gr solids look like just the ticket for shooting .38 specials with a THUMP out of my 1873 lever.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorfan View Post
    Is that the double crimp groove? If so, I thought those were the 359640. Now I'm confused.
    It is a double crimp groove but you can see how it's marked. It does drop them at .360. Don't know if the mold was mislabeled or what.

Boolit Mold
    So besides the 360-640L (light) there appears to be a 360-640-1c (1 crimp groove) and a 360-640-2c (2 crimp groove)....is this correct? Does anyone know what the 360-640-1c solid is supposed to come in at weight wise?

Boolit Grand Master

I'd assume between 145-150 grains. I haven't cast any yet so I can't give an actual weight.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by HDS View Post
    I wish I could get a hold of this mold... (359 or 360 nomatter) I would definitely like a solid version of it, those 170gr solids look like just the ticket for shooting .38 specials with a THUMP out of my 1873 lever.
    Go look in the Active GBs. I just put up a new thread for this one....... Cramer type with blank pin option for solid and 4 other HPs.

Boolit Master

Taken from the GB>>>>>

MiHec 360640 4 cavity brass Cramer HP
    This is a run of an earlier design produced by BRP. This will be a four cavity, single crimp groove, cramer brass HP mold that is suitable for the 38 Special, 357 Magnum and other suitable caliber handguns with cylinders long enough to suit them. It will cast at 0.360". The original weight was about 140 gr as a hollow point, which is the only way i've shot it. The nose design is exactly like the 359640 as made by MiHec ahead of the crimp grooves. It is VERY accurate as can be attested to by several board members here in either design. A blank plug could provide that as well as a round and penta HP depending on what was wanted. The following is the discussion thread.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    To those that are confused about this.... the original drawing sent to MiHec was titled 359640 for the two crimp groove boolit as per my post on page 1. It's as cast band dimension was 0.359". MiHec titled the mold like that without using my numbering system, so now there is a name problem on like molds. You can call it whatever you want, but my naming system stays like it is on the GBs I run...... so any confusion doesn't occur.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCelt View Post
    Taken from the GB>>>>>

MiHec 360640 4 cavity brass Cramer HP
    This is a run of an earlier design produced by BRP. This will be a four cavity, single crimp groove, cramer brass HP mold that is suitable for the 38 Special, 357 Magnum and other suitable caliber handguns with cylinders long enough to suit them. It will cast at 0.360". The original weight was about 140 gr as a hollow point, which is the only way i've shot it. The nose design is exactly like the 359640 as made by MiHec ahead of the crimp grooves. It is VERY accurate as can be attested to by several board members here in either design. A blank plug could provide that as well as a round and penta HP depending on what was wanted. The following is the discussion thread.

I read that part about the 140gr HP weight. I have read actual results of 145gr and 149gr from the large HP and 155gr with the penta HP though. Maybe i am just splitting hairs..... I am still very green with this :P

Boolit Master
    *deleted* Saw it was answered, yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12