WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

Quote Originally Posted by fourarmed View Post
    Is that the new Leatherman micro?

The candy my dad's mother made the last couple of years of her life. She had dementia and back then you didn't go to a "home" so she kept making candy from memory. I had to steal and dispose of a bowl one time because my young nieces were to nice to say anything even though they were being poisoned by the "candy".

BB

Boolit Mold
    Chicken Cheesecake, yes it was as bad as it sounds. My sister make it for a Super Bowl party in 1991 or 1992.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mwk1975 View Post
    Chicken Cheesecake, yes it was as bad as it sounds. My sister make it for a Super Bowl party in 1991 or 1992.
    The words "Chicken "and "Cheesecake" DO NOT belong in the same sentence much less the same dish....what are people thinking when they invent this kind of recipe?
    Please don't post your sister's recipe , if my wife hears about it she just might fix it..and I don't want to have to try it. That seven-year locust would probably taste better.
    Gary

Boolit Master
    I made a tuna fish, sauerkraut and Swiss omelet one time. It was pretty gnarly.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Grand Master

That reminds me of the time I made a pizza... didn't have any anchovies but did have a can of sardines. Topped the pizza with them and into a 400 degree oven. the stink put off by them toasted sardines was somthing else. It tasted terrible. Hot toasty sardines sounds like it would be ...not bad? It are very very not good....my hound dog, who normally eats everything wouldn't eat any of it....just sniffed it and gave me that " have you lost your mind" look.
    I now know why you never ever see sardines on pizza. blah!
    Gary

Boolit Master

Possum. My Nana useta catch 'em and fatten 'em on corn for a few days. Served with gravy and sweet potatoes .Tried it when I was about 6, 63 now. Still won't eat sweet potatoes either, I can see that nasty greasy possum sitting there when somebody sits 'em on the table.

+1 on liver and onions. Pop made me sit at the table once , couldn't leave until I ate it. Fell asleep at the table sometime after dark, Mom toted me to bed.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    , but now cornbread with fried okra, and scrambled eggs and SOS poured over it all, now THAT is fine eatin'r
    Finally, someone with good taste,,,,,,,,,

Boolit Grand Master
    About three years after my sister was married, her husband was transferred to Sheppard AFB, so I went to see her. She made a beef pot pie. My BIL and I were up all night fighting over the single bathroom they had. Had to hold a trash can in my lap at the same time. Never had a case of food poisoning so bad in all my life.

Worst tasting thing was Sauerkraut. I am sure some of you love it, but not here. Wife likes it on pizza. I leave the kitchen.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    About three years after my sister was married, her husband was transferred to Sheppard AFB, so I went to see her. She made a beef pot pie. My BIL and I were up all night fighting over the single bathroom they had. Had to hold a trash can in my lap at the same time. Never had a case of food poisoning so bad in all my life.
    I know the feeling... I had something like that happen to me once, but instead of it being food poisoning, it was a kidney stone.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master
    Canned beets. When I was about 6 my mother put beets on my plate. She knew I detested them and in our house I had to eat what was put on my plate. When I tried to beg off from eating them, my father proudly said "You aren't leaving the table until you finish every bite." It took me a half hour or more but I finished them. About 3 minutes later I vomited up my entire dinner. My father was so mean I was a little surprised that he didn't make me eat that same meal a second time.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

My dog drooled in my mouth once, and I didn’t care too much for that. Does that count?

I had a similar experience with the red pickled beets as smokeywolf. I remember my dad scooping a big ladle full of them on to my plate. They were the crinkle-cut ones shaped like french fries. I don’t think I finished them, even though I had the same admonition that I couldn’t leave the table until they were gone. It’s a good thing old Snoopy dog wasn’t as picky of an eater as me, or I would still be sitting there.

The other thing I can’t stand is bell peppers. I can’t even be in the same room if someone’s cutting them. Just the smell gives me a headache and a deep, rumbling nausea.

Moderator Emeritus

Sauerkraut, pickled beets, sliced green bell peppers are all good stuff...

Boolit Mold
    Vegan style "Beet Ice Cream" yak

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    I was at a party at a friend's house in AZ a longtime ago and there were all kinds of dishes set in crock pots and warmers with Sterno, and it was all fantastic to go with a pit-roasted javelina.. BUT the keg of beer impaired my judgement and somehow I put a huge spoonful of heated potpourri in my mouth and it ruined my night. It's been 25 years and I can still remember the awful taste!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fretboard View Post
    Vegan style "Beet Ice Cream" yak
    Beet ice cream??? I thought the soy milk ice cream was nasty...beet ice cream sounds soooo much worse.

I just thought of another worse thing I've eaten. When my brother and I were younger he killed a bid old male coon and we heard they were good BBQed. So we skinned it and par-boiled it in water ( supposed to make it tender) and fired up the grill and BBQed that bad boy. What we didn't know was the musk/scent glands they have and that we were supposed to REMOVE them. I don't know what they are supposed to taste like but after a taste we buried it out back...Deep. Gamey doesn't begin to describe that flavor....it was a nasty foul old gym sock taste at best. Old coons ain't fit food ( neither is possum )....Gary

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Full Mold Jack View Post
    Is that the new Leatherman micro?
    I read it as a Kick which is 4" long, same as the bug.

There is not much I haven't eaten and I like most of it. I cannot stand canned or bottled peaches or Pumpkin anything. I eat fresh peaches but bottled or canned they taste slimy to me and come right back up. I do not care for the flavor or texture of pumpkin, not in a pie, cookie desert or fresh. I like sweet potatoes and orange squashes except for pumpkin.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Cilantro, my daughter loves it but tastes like soap to my wife and I.tim

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    I hated the Sauerkraut my mom attempted to make. It was the most funky tasting stuff I ever tried to eat. For my wife it's Celery. She can't stand to be in the same room with it.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

The 'gumbo' at Pappadeaux's.

For you outside the area, 'Pappas' is a Greek restaurateur who has opened several chains of restaurants, including 'Pappacitos' which is pseudo-Mexican, and 'Pappadeaux', which is pseudo-Cajun.

Because the name ends in 'eaux', a lot of out of towners visiting the southeast Texas and Houston areas get the idea that THIS is a good place to find authentic Cajun fare. Nothing is further from the truth.

The last time I got railroaded into eating there was a meeting in Houston with my counterparts from up north and somebody suggested the place.

The seafood isn't bad, unless you're used to GOOD seafood. But the gumbo was some kind of vegetable soup that resembled a real gumbo, Cajun OR Creole (there's a difference), about as much as a mall Ninja resembles a real soldier.

Consider yourself warned.

dale in Louisiana