MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Celery and cauliflower. I dont like the taste of celery. My wife likes to eat steamed cauliflower. Just the smell alone could knock a buzzard off of a manure spreader.
    We cook the cauliflower in the nuke wave in a lidded container so it's steamed.We are on the protein diet,and substitute it for potatoes,rice,and pop corn. We then put real butter,salt and seasoning on/in it. Delightedly delicious.We cut it up in popcorn size bites,place on baking paper on cookie sheet,season with Cajun seasoning,bake till browning occurs,and eat with a movie.
    I take mayonnaise and mix in Tony Chachere's original Creole seasoning then add to shredded cheese.This I add to celery sticks for a great snack. Both Mayonnaise,and butter have no carbs.
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

Boolit Buddy

Lutefisk - even with my Norsk heritage I could not get past the stench

Baluts - not enough San Magoo in Olangapo to wash the taste and texture away

I hate anything with cooked tomatoes and I also hate chocolate.

Boolit Buddy
    A green persimmon is most likely the worst thing I ever put in my mouth. After they have been hit with a heavy frost they are delicious.

Boolit Buddy

My x's tuna noodle casserole, hands down, bar none.

Mind you, never cared a hoot for canned tuna in the first place, still don't, won't buy it, won't eat it. The bowl of stuff that woman sat down in front of me that night, has never left me, and never will.

When my current wife and I started talking about matrimony, one of the first things I explained was my utter contempt for canned tuna, and anything to do with it. We'll be married 23yrs come Aug 31, and she's never let me down.
    She's Chitcaga born, Irish/Polish/Catholic, so has no real need to experiment with such a foolish ingredient anyway.

Just reading back thru-posts 23 and 24 in particular. Head cheese is food for the God's! That's my story and I'll stick to it!
    Last edited by rush1886; 07-14-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added comment

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Celery and cauliflower. I dont like the taste of celery. My wife likes to eat steamed cauliflower. Just the smell alone could knock a buzzard off of a manure spreader.
    I don't like celery either, but I like gumbo. The celery in it is chopped up and cooked until it is more of a paste along with the onions and bell peppers.

Okra, on the other hand, I refuse to put in my gumbo. I prefer a file gumbo instead.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master
    This thread has cracked me up, LOL! I really like a lot of the things some go bananas over! I absolutely love Okra, steamed or fried in flour/butter. Brussel sprouts steamed in butter, GREAT with pork chops.

However one gentleman mentioned "kimchee"! At the time I was working in a military installation witch had brought in some Orental people (very nice)!

One day in the dining room the orentals opened up some homemade "kimchee", within 10 minutes people were throughing up, leaving and heaving!
    The commanding officer let it be known that the concoction was never to be served again in this installation, LOL!

Boolit Master

I love me some kimchi and I remember the pretty Korean girl that served it to me first time.

Dale in Louisiana

Boolit Master

1. My grandmothers hot, orange, vile, nasty potato salad.

2. Liver. I used to eat it when I was younger, but one night I had too much. Haven't touched it since. Guts stay in the gut pile now.

But

I love me some chorizo!!!
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    Few years back, while in China, got into a batch of bad chicken feet, tore up for about a week. That's about the only thing I don't eat anymore.

For you guys that don't care for Brussels Sprouts, try to find some grown locally after the frost has hit them. I normally pick ours right at Christmas, frozen solid from the cold & sweet as can be.
    Someone found the reason for your trouble in China.

Chinese police seize chicken feet 46 years past their expiration date

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Anything pickled
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Bub

It's been said by a few others here, balut. Like most sailors, I saw it in the Philippines, some, like me, actually try it. Alcohol was involved. I gagged and then puked on the first bite. I still get queasy when I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    Steak and kidney pie. Tried it once in Manchester. I don't like liver, and the taste of kidney is liver times 1,000.
    This would be my worst too. My dad used to love that pie, I liken it to eating some animals old oil filter. Offal is wrong and I won't even feed it to my dog.

Cooked spinach. That stuff would gag a maggot on a gut wagon. Raw fresh spinach is great however.
    Same for liver. Blarf. double blarf.
    Those were the only two items I would honestly take the beating from my parents for refusing to eat. Yes, getting whipped was better than eating those things.

L Ross
    I can truthfully tell you that a tom bobcat should be neutered a couple of years before being turned into corned bobcat. Perrot's journal notwithstanding, wildcat does not make a substitute for pork.

Duke

The fascination with cilantro escapes me. Bug spray and/or Soap is a pretty good description of cilantro's flavor for me.
    That one turns out to be genetic and inheritable.

Boolit Grand Master

[QUOTE=chadschroeder;2302866]okra and chicken hearts[/QUOTE
    You put that okra and chicken hearts along with some smoked sausage in a gumbo, served over rice and it would be mighty good.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by **oneshot** View Post
    tofu and most sugar substitutes. Either just aint right in my cookbook.
    Tofu ...agreed, tried that stuff on several occassions and that stuff just aint right food for people. I don't know who invented it but they didn't come from Louisiana.

Deep fried tofu is good stuff.
    Deep fried butter might be better.

Boolit Master
    Jello, I have never regurgitated so quickly. I can't tolerate watching someone else eat jello. It's absolutely the most vile substance I have ever put in my mouth.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast