Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    Actually the worst thing I ever ate was a cigarette butt in the bottom of a beer bottle with one swig left in it. N A S T Y.
    The mention of Tobacco reminded me of the time me and daddy was fishing I was 8-9 , dad had bought a pouch of Beech - Nut Chewing Tobacco at the bait shop , he would stuff a wad in his cheek and spit every now and again...looked like fun + he claimed spitting on the worm enticed the catfish to bite better and I wanted to try... so when I asked him if I could do it ...being my old man hardly ever said no to anything I asked... He shows me how to ball up a wad of tobacco and how to place it in my cheek ... then he stops and says ...This Is the Most Important Part... Don't swallow the juice...You Got to SPIT It Out .. you understand... I nod my head yes.... So I'm sitting there with a ball of Beech-Nut in cheek ...the juices start to flow and ... I forgot to spit...I swallowed !!!Not the wad of tobacco , just the juice.... the wad came out when I threw up ...over the side of the boat ...
    Dad didn't laugh ... he just pulls out the pouch, holds it out and says want some more .
    I didn't and I've never had any desire to chew tobacco again . Tobacco juice is nasty !
    After washing my mouth out and drinking some water.... Dad looked at me and I asked him " Don't tell Mamma ...Okay " then he started laughing .
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 04-06-2020 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Smoked eel comes to mind. Thought I would try something different on our honeymoon, so ordered the above. Been married 33 years at this point and that stuff still takes the cake.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chihuahua Floyd View Post
    Smoked eel comes to mind. Thought I would try something different on our honeymoon, so ordered the above. Been married 33 years at this point and that stuff still takes the cake.
    CF
    I bet it ranks right up there with the Smoked Mullet I had in Florida ...greasy , fishy , oily with a heavy smoke and mud flavor.... and this place was known for their smoked mullet and proud of them... it was B-A-D tasting .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    The mention of Tobacco reminded me of the time me and daddy was fishing I was 8-9 , dad had bought a pouch of Beech - Nut Chewing Tobacco at the bait shop , he would stuff a wad in his cheek and spit every now and again...looked like fun + he claimed spitting on the worm enticed the catfish to bite better and I wanted to try... so when I asked him if I could do it ...being my old man hardly ever said no to anything I asked... He shows me how to ball up a wad of tobacco and how to place it in my cheek ... then he stops and says ...This Is the Most Important Part... Don't swallow the juice...You Got to SPIT It Out .. you understand... I nod my head yes.... So I'm sitting there with a ball of Beech-Nut in cheek ...the juices start to flow and ... I forgot to spit...I swallowed !!!Not the wad of tobacco , just the juice.... the wad came out when I threw up ...over the side of the boat ...
    Dad didn't laugh ... he just pulls out the pouch, holds it out and says want some more .
    I didn't and I've never had any desire to chew tobacco again . Tobacco juice is nasty !
    After washing my mouth out and drinking some water.... Dad looked at me and I asked him " Don't tell Mamma ...Okay " then he started laughing .
    Gary
    Actually Beech Nut is one of the mildest chewing tobaccos you can get.
    I was on an express greyhound bus coming back to Wi from Reno back in 1976. The bus driver said "NO SMOKING". The kid next to me (17 yr old sheep rancher from Elko NV) Said as he grabbed a dip of Copenhagen "I wonder if that applies to dip" I replied, "as long as you don't spit on anyone" I will never forget his reply "If you have to spit it out you shouldn't be dippin" He swallowed every drop. Tough Kid.

I bet it ranks right up there with the Smoked Mullet I had in Florida ...greasy , fishy , oily with a heavy smoke and mud flavor.... and this place was known for their smoked mullet and proud of them... it was B-A-D tasting .
    Gary
    Don't be hating on our smoked mullet. Thanks now I'm craving some...lol

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    Actually Beech Nut is one of the mildest chewing tobaccos you can get.
    I was on an express greyhound bus coming back to Wi from Reno back in 1976. The bus driver said "NO SMOKING". The kid next to me (17 yr old sheep rancher from Elko NV) Said as he grabbed a dip of Copenhagen "I wonder if that applies to dip" I replied, "as long as you don't spit on anyone" I will never forget his reply "If you have to spit it out you shouldn't be dippin" He swallowed every drop. Tough Kid.
    Good Lord ...Just thinking about that makes me queasy... He swallowed every drop....Gaaaahhhh
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    About the only thing I don't want to eat is brussel sprouts. They just taste bitter to me. Don't like the "gluten free" stuff, either. About anything else is fair game. I've eaten some vegetarian stuff that was pretty good. I'm an omnivore, but I got some canine or eye teeth that are meant for tearing into meat. I'll eat what's put before me, and be thankful, but that doesn't mean I will enjoy it.
    Try ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS. its amazing how good they are
    https://cafedelites.com/roasted-brussels-sprouts/
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/67...ssels-sprouts/
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    I'm a dedicated BS (Brussel Sprouts) disliker ... at a fancy smancy restaurant in Florida they served Roasted BS and Carrots alongside a good steak .
    I tried them , BS and carrots , tried them twice and roasting did nothing for me ...I ate the steak and carrots ...the roasted BS ...you can have all mine..still don't like them.
    Maybe battered and deep fried would do the trick . I love Liver and Onions but not BS's .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Raw tomatoes. I would vomit if I had to eat one. Cooked, fried, stewed, sauced, etc I love them. But raw, no way in heck. Wife feels the same way.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    For some reason years ago I had some Rem oil spray on the counter next to the non stick cooking spray. Believe it or not ate the pancakes i used it on before I figured out what happened. Massive stomach cramps and diarrhea all day! Needless to say it came out smooth.

Boolit Buddy
    I had a girlfriend in Highschool,and her Mother was as nice as could be,and I really liked her,but she was a terrible house keeper,and her kitchen was the worse I have seen.She was not lazy,and she would garden,and can.She made good kraut,and pickles,and I had a lot of good meals there,but I honestly think that the worse taste I have ever had in my mouth was a time when she had fixed mashed potatoes,and I bit into something kinda crunchy that I immediately knew was rotten.I have bit into bad shrimp before,and they taste good compared to what was in them taters.I think she had made them in a pan that had sat around with dried food in it,and didn't wash it good,and the mixer must have loosened it up,and mixed it in the mashed potatoes.That was back in the early 1980s,and I still remember it.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm a dedicated BS (Brussel Sprouts) disliker ... at a fancy smancy restaurant in Florida they served Roasted BS and Carrots alongside a good steak .
    I tried them , BS and carrots , tried them twice and roasting did nothing for me ...I ate the steak and carrots ...the roasted BS ...you can have all mine..still don't like them.
    Maybe battered and deep fried would do the trick . I love Liver and Onions but not BS's .
    Gary
    Cut them in half, wrap each half in bacon, and roast. I'll bet you find them edible.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    I love brussel sprouts.I buy them in the microwave steamable bags from Kroger when they are on sale for $1.00,and just microwave,and eat.The wife likes them too but smothered with cheese.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Raw tomatoes. I would vomit if I had to eat one. Cooked, fried, stewed, sauced, etc I love them. But raw, no way in heck. Wife feels the same way.
    Agree 100%

Boolit Mold
    My ex-wife's cooking. Especially when she tried to make Hamburger Helper.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard93 View Post
    My ex-wife's cooking. Especially when she tried to make Hamburger Helper.
    What did she do?, make it like Randy Quaid (cousin Eddie) in the original Vacation movie? LOL

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    What did she do?, make it like Randy Quaid (cousin Eddie) in the original Vacation movie? LOL
    That would have been an improvement.

Boolit Master

Once when my Mom was visiting relatives and left my Dad and I alone, she left a note on how to make tuna casserole. Didn't look too difficult, but we didn't have any tuna, but we had sardines. My dad and I both like sardines, so I substituted. Came out looking good, so we both had a big bowl. I asked my dad if he wanted any more, and he said, "one bowl was OK, don't think I better risk another one". I didn't risk it either.

Boolit Master
    very old can of sardines! abbrvieated story. My brother and I had been out shooting groundhogs all day early spring. Being the growing young fellas we were after a daybreak till dusk non stop hunt, I was feeling a little gaunt, so rummaging around in his old truck I recovered a can of sardines from the glove box and proceeded to bolt them down like a starved dog, while waiting on him to walk back up the line fence. When he got there he questions where'd the sardine s come from and what else have ya got to eat? So I told him from glove box, well he sat there looking at me like I had just dropped his new pocket knife in the manure trough totally speechless. Whats the problem? I didn't know they were there, must have been there from prior owner, was the reply laughing between gasps. the truck was a 1968 c/10 chev the date was may 1988 spent 2 days ruling the bowl kingdom and haven't been able to touch a can with out heaving since!!!!

Just married. Spending honeymoon in a cabin on a lake in an Alabama state park.

First day, we go into small town to get food and stuff for the cabin. While in town, we stopped at KFC and got the last of the extra crispy chicken.

After lunch, we were in some store and started feeling 'off'. Wife said same thing. We left everything in the shopping cart and raced back to the cabin where we took turns in the bathroom.

Thankfully, the illness was short lived. We didn't eat at KFC again for a while.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast