Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

Boolit Grand Master

What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

I,m cajun and will eat just about anything. Love any meat in a can, Spam, Vienna Sausage , even potted meat. My list of " don't like " is pretty short. Here are a few things I would never care to eat again.

Soy milk ice cream. It is disgusting...I threw away the whole 1/2 gallon...Yuck

Vegiterian hamburger patties....Blah , not fit for food.

Squid and octopuss. That is bait, use it to catch fish . Fried is edible but like eating rubber bands.

What are some of your gastromomical undelights?

Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 07-13-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master

About the only thing I don't want to eat is brussel sprouts. They just taste bitter to me. Don't like the "gluten free" stuff, either. About anything else is fair game. I've eaten some vegetarian stuff that was pretty good. I'm an omnivore, but I got some canine or eye teeth that are meant for tearing into meat. I'll eat what's put before me, and be thankful, but that doesn't mean I will enjoy it.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Stone ground Buck-Wheat pancakes! I thought that they left the stones in!!!

+1 on the brussel sprouts!
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Buddy
    My wife is a classically trained chef (Culinary Institute). One time she made "tofu stew" with extra bean sprouts. She had gotten a big bag so she used a LOT. The concoction tasted pretty good, but the long skinny translucent bean sprouts were... not pretty. Usually I had praise or at least constructive criticism for her creations. About this one I was silent. After being asked three times What do you think about it, what's wrong with it, I told her It tastes good honey, but it looks like a plate full of worms. I kept eating it, but realizing I was right, she could not take another bite.
    On brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage the key is to cook it with the LID OFF. This lets bitter components to evaporate off. Brussel sprouts with shallots and bacon is one of my favorite vegetables.

I love brussel sprouts.

The Devil's food for me is pickled walnuts.

Love Life
    Butternut squash macaroni and cheese followed closely by whole wheat pasta.

I will generally eat anything I can gain a temporary advantage over. Raw fish and frozen caribou are wonderful, but when I was almost out of food I made a concoction out of expired dried tomato soup and some kind of unidentified chicken paste powder. It looked like an abortion. I tried to get it down hot but I threw it up. That night as I went to sleep hungry I told myself that stuff cold will be my breakfast. The next morning I caught a 20 lb. lake trout, and I didn't have to try to get that stuff down.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

Soured calf slobber(sour cream)ok if I cannot taste it in other cooke food.and most forms of cooked tomato's,catsup,paste,whole stewed tomatos etc.

Boolit Master
    I'm fixin' to ruin what little reputation I may have here on C/B's but.....All thinks pork. Can't stand it.

avocado

Boolit Master
    My X wifes cooking, anything and all!!

Tuna twirls.. a concoction of canned tuna rolled up in biscuit dough and covered with cream of mushroom soup. I'd rather lick the pooper scooper.

Love brussel sprouts sauteed with onions in garlic butter and then sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
    " A politician is the lowest form of life on earth. A liberal Democrat is the lowest form of politician" George S Patton

The dead don't know they are dead. It only affects those around them.
    It's the same with stupid.

Few years back, while in China, got into a batch of bad chicken feet, tore up for about a week. That's about the only thing I don't eat anymore.

For you guys that don't care for Brussels Sprouts, try to find some grown locally after the frost has hit them. I normally pick ours right at Christmas, frozen solid from the cold & sweet as can be.

Boolit Master

I didn't eat it but I did open it a Balut. Food has to look like food to get me to eat or try it.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Master
    Cotton Candy. When I was about 6 or so the entire family went to the zoo. While waiting to ride the little train that went around the lake I had my first stick of cotton candy. Two days later I came down with the measles. For whatever reason the second became associated with the first and I never even tried cotton candy again. But maybe there is an associatiion after all because I never had the measles again either.
    Some times it's the pot,
    Some times it's the pan,
    It might even be the skillet,
    But, most of the time, it's the cook.

Boolit Master
    Scandinavian Marinated Herrings sweetened with Sacharine,I find them repulsive.
    Now Scottish Roll Mop Herrings are a different and great tasting product,delicious and healthy too.

Well I've been through 92 countries around the world and usually eat where the locals do. I learned early on if it tasted good don't ask what it was just eat it and eat enjoy. Now their are things I passed on and others I tried including street food in main land China. The only place I got sick was in London England on some bad fish as part of fish and chips. It took about 3 days to recover and I wasn't alone either.
    Joe

Boolit Master
    Steak and kidney pie. Tried it once in Manchester. I don't like liver, and the taste of kidney is liver times 1,000.

Boolit Mold
    Czech version of pork liver. yum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Butternut squash macaroni and cheese followed closely by whole wheat pasta.
    You don't like mac n cheese? I guess everybody has things they don't like.
    I'm with you on whole wheat pasta.