RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by clum553946 View Post
    I second that!
    not to bad after a few San Miguels

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by slam45 View Post
    mayonnaise... in, on or near real food....
    This thread is seven years old...how did you even find it to bring it back to life ?
    Actually I'm glad you did ...I had forgotten all about this one ...and I must say I read every post on every page and was laughing a lot ...Thanks !

I would like to know....what does a Live salamander taste like and was it worth the $5.00 .

Two additional items I've discovered and would like to add to the list of "disgusting things to eat " ...Tofurkey Roast and ....drum roll please... Smoky Maple Tofu Bacon !
    Just say no to these disgusting food products !!!
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Escargot - tasted like a very rich loam and not chewy at all - years ago eating on the Queen Mary - took the wife there for our anniversary.

We were in Bar Harbor, ME and found an ice cream place that made all their own ice cream. We kept going back. On Friday, before we left we stopped in again. They had a new flavor they were trying - Honey Wasabi ice cream. Took two scoops of Maple Walnut to wash out the flavor of the small taste of that stuff. Those two flavors should never be combined, and absolutely never combined with cream!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    GF's sister made Pumpkin Pie one Thanksgiving, only they ran out of Pumpkin Pie spice partway through.

So, instead of getting more, they looked at the spices they DID have, and picked out the Seafood Seasoning...

Let's just say that it was ... sufficiently... unique, that I hope to never taste THAT again!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    GF's sister made Pumpkin Pie one Thanksgiving, only they ran out of Pumpkin Pie spice partway through.

So, instead of getting more, they looked at the spices they DID have, and picked out the Seafood Seasoning...

Let's just say that it was ... sufficiently... unique, that I hope to never taste THAT again!
    Gross !!! What remotely convinced them that Seafood Seasoning was any where close to Pumpkin Pie Spice...
    A little cinnamon + ground nutmeg and maybe a dash of cloves or ginger would have been sooooo much better . Just cinnamon by itself would have made a pie you could eat !
    Some folks just don't belong in a kitchen...
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Mold
    This thread is amazing I laughed so hard hahaha i'll have to think on mine & post later

Boolit Master

One that I never actually ate was stinky tofu, couldn’t get it past my nose due to gagging reflex

Chipotle tastes like Copenhagen to me and I quit that nastiness 20 years ago. Bluuhh.

Boolit Master
    Broccoli is the worst. If I managed to choke any down it would not stay. Several other green things almost as bad.

Boolit Master

Steamed spinach, made me gag. But then again, I was 5 at the time. My wife fries it in bacon grease, and mustard greens as well. Heck I can remember going down with the whole family down the road and Grandma spotted a bunch of wild mustard greens. We stopped and picked 4 grocery sacks full. Come to think of it, grandma cooked it with bacon and chopped onions. Bacon makes everything better, except snails, caviar, balut, WWII rations, and many other things mentioned by others.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Grand Master

What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

I had to look back and see what I wrote. Apparently I wasn’t a fan of scrapple seven or so years ago. Still not the biggest fan but I will eat it. There’s one local butcher shop that has a recipe that I really like. But it has to be cooked thin and crispy.

I’m not even sure what the worse thing I’ve ever eaten is at this point. Spent a lot of time in foreign counties over the past five years. Plenty of animals to eat there that you can’t get here. And there’s a reason for that.

In general bad sushi is the worse thing. You never know when it’s going to happen. And it’s horrible when it does. The vast majority of places that sell it shouldn’t be allowed to. They manage to destroy something so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I had to look back and see what I wrote. Apparently I wasn’t a fan of scrapple seven or so years ago. Still not the biggest fan but I will eat it. There’s one local butcher shop that has a recipe that I really like. But it has to be cooked thin and crispy.
    If you have one...give this a try next time.....use your Waffle Iron...yes...a waffle iron...cut 3/8-1/2" thick pieces...and cook them 5-7 minutes at your normal waffle setting. Then serve the Scrapple with maple syrup...the real stuff....not Aunt Jemimias....lol.

redhawk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrapple-waffle.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	259820
    Last edited by redhawk0; 04-05-2020 at 08:59 PM.

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Worst thing I ever ate was tree squirrel, I was 13 with a double barrel 12g. I gave em both barrels at no more than 10 feet. It was a mess to say the least. My buddies dad gathered it up and said now you eat it. After I cleaned up what was left it got fried in cast iron, lots of shot in it! Never had squirrel since, never shot anything I didn’t plan on eating since then either

About 40 years ago while Working in a tropical paradise near Australia I had an opportunity to attend a feast with a local tribe. To this day I am not sure what I ate except the meat dish. I was later informed that it was dog. Gotta tell you it wasn’t bad. Steve
    Just another homesick Texan that shouldn't of left in the first place!
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club - 11/69 to 6/70 & 9/70 to 5/71
    U.S.S. Ranger (CVA-61)
    U.S.S. John R. Craig (DD-885)
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    If you have one...give this a try next time.....use your Waffle Iron...yes...a waffle iron...cut 3/8-1/2" thick pieces...and cook them 5-7 minutes at your normal waffle setting. Then serve the Scrapple with maple syrup...the real stuff....not Aunt Jemimias....lol.

redhawk
    Will try the waffle iron. Will pass on the maple syrup, can’t stand the stuff. I usually put barbecue sauce on it.

Boolit Master

I grew up on scrapple & sauerkraut. My Penn/Dutch Grandmother made both from scratch. Love both.

Hate; Brussell sprouts, Balut, Kimchi, bell (allergic) pepper, fried green tomatoes, yams, sweet potatoes. Strawberry&grape-jam, preserves, jelly.

Probably some other stuff as well.

I understood why guys in the Mess would put catsup/hot sauce on eggs & potatoes In the service. They were usually over cooked or raw.
    But after You got out, and could either cook them any way you wanted or could order ???
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Banned
    Last edited by Traffer; 04-05-2020 at 11:48 PM.

Banned
    I had ying yang fish in a very VERY good Chinese Restaurant in Arlington MA back in around 1990. It was awesome. I would eat it again any time.

Banned
    Actually the worst thing I ever ate was a cigarette butt in the bottom of a beer bottle with one swig left in it. N A S T Y.

Boolit Buddy
    Liver, pretty much any organ meat. "Slippery okra". And a lot of crap I ate in China...mostly those ghastly chicken feet that they are so damned proud of. Durian fruit....uuuugh! I'd sooner die than even be near that crap again.

Chris

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast