Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Raw tomatoes. I would vomit if I had to eat one. Cooked, fried, stewed, sauced, etc I love them. But raw, no way in heck. Wife feels the same way.
    I can't envision a life without a Bacon , Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich ... that's the reason I always plant a few tomato plants in my back yard....Home grown , vine ripened , Blue Plate mayo and Wonder Bread ... I can't wait !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I can't envision a life without a Bacon , Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich ... that's the reason I always plant a few tomato plants in my back yard....Home grown , vine ripened , Blue Plate mayo and Wonder Bread ... I can't wait !
    Gary
    We eat a lot of tomatoes,and we do occasionally buy bacon,but not very often.We eat sandwiches of just tomato,and cheese,and Mayo,or Mirical Whip.My Mother used to call them "Kitchen sink sandwiches"because they can be so sloppy that you need to eat them standing at the sink.We are pretty choosey about our tomatoes.Pretty tomatoes that ship well to market don't taste nearly as good as a big ugly heirloom by a long shot.

Boolit Master
    I have several notable experiences.

1. About 12 years ago my grand daughter brought home a flu strain we call the Meadow plague.
    Her parents got very sick and spent several days hugging the toilet. Then they visited us while still infectious and us old folks got it. I can remember the taste of a complete fresh hamburger that I ate as it came back up.

2. I tasted a durian in Singapore. This is a green fruit that looks like a 6 inch long cockelburr that you cut open. Inside are large yellow segments that have the texture of a large booger. They are not that bad tasting though they are a lot like eating a raw egg. The problem is the smell. The very large durian fruit will stink up an entire house in no time. It is very difficult to eat anything that smells like a worn out sneaker of an active 16 year old boy. Good grief you never want to put that near your nose.

3. Finally the champion
    I sprayed my sore throat one night with Chloreseptic however the taste was horrible and I spit it out immediately and turned on the light in the bathroom closet. It turns out the pump bottle was Raid bug killer. My sore throat did go away though I would not recommend that you use Raid.
    EDG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Gary
    HEY, when I lived in the North Shore area of BOSTON some friends made me Grilled Tomato and cheese with garlic sandwiches. They couldn't believe I had never had them before. W O W are they good.
    Melt butter in a pan with garlic powder >butter bread on the outside (like a regular grilled cheese) > put cheese and tomatoes inside the sandwich> put some more garlic powder on the outside of the sandwich (it sticks to the butter) They grill them slowly until they are toasty gold. GUARANTEED TO BE SOMETHING YOU KEEP EATING THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I grew up on scrapple & sauerkraut. My Penn/Dutch Grandmother made both from scratch. Love both.

I'm 1/2 PA dutch 1/4 German and 1/4 Irish (where did that come from...haha)....I make my own sauerkraut...just had some with Knockwurst tonight over mashed taters. But I've never made scrapple... I do purchase it at a PA farmers market (Lancaster Country). I bring 2 big pans home at Christmas time which last an entire year for my wife and I. I have a recipe for it...just never tried it. (I'm lazy...its easy to buy at the farmer's market)

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314