RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: I love my wife, but...

I challenge your middle of nowhere, and raise you 5.

I love my wife, but...

I really do. She supports me 100% in ANYTHING I want to do, but I think she subconsciously wants to drive me mad.
    Every time she goes to town and I add something specific to her list, she nails it by almost that much.
    I put vaseline on her list today for a pan lube that includes paraffin, beeswax, and STP.

She got the vaseline alright, but it's baby scented.

If this lube works out, I'll be shooting honey coated baby fresh smelling bullets down range.

Guns should only be allowed in places where people don't want to be shot.

Banned

Well your in the middle if nowhere. Maybe you'll get use to the smell,

Banned
    .......that's a pretty smelling "load" you got there.........not words you here very often

I have used old Vicks vapor-rub for a vaseline source before......you will be just fine. ...and no it did not de-congest my revolver

Boolit Master

Hey, at least she didn't come home with a tube of KY - consider yourself ahead of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
    Hey, at least she didn't come home with a tube of KY - consider yourself ahead of the game!
    Well, not necessarily! Man does not live by boolit lube alone, ya know...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Callahan View Post
    Well, not necessarily! Man does not live by boolit lube alone, ya know...
    Wise is the man who understands that there is more than one game in town.

Or, more precisely, in da house!

Love your wife. That's an order. No need to return and report.

Hey, just be glad you can give her a list and she makes the honest effort! Mine simply ignores my odd obsession in a quiet, polite manner.
    Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Boolit Master
    Don't look for perfection in her until you've attained that in yourself.

My wife is loving, generous, thoughtful, caring, easy going and uncomplicated. She is all three of those things that men traditionally look for in a wife; a lady in the parlor, a chef in the kitchen, etc., etc..
    She thinks my interest in firearms and reloading is not just acceptable, but should be considered as necessary as mowing the lawn and maintaining the automobiles. She in fact, believes that a man who does not keep and maintain at least 2 or 3 firearms for the defense of his family is not fulfilling his responsibility to his wife and children. And yes, she shoots pretty well. Nope, not exaggerating and not kidding.

She will do virtually anything I ask; except clean house. Our house looks like somebody closed up all the doors and windows, turned it upside down and shook it.

I find that I must constantly make a conscious effort to be as tolerant of her mistakes and weaknesses as she is of mine.

Mrs. smokeywolf is the best!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    I add patchouli oil to my Bens Red sometimes. I smells great on the firing line. Confuses the heck outta people too.

Boolit Grand Master

I learned a long time ago that if I needed something specific, and there are a lot of things I want/need just-so, or a particular size, shape ,color or scent, then I had to get my lazy but off the couch and go shopping to get exactly what I wanted...otherwise there was a 50-50 shot I wouldn't. And now I don't even mind going shopping, it's an adventure. It's amazing how few clothes some women wear when shopping at Wally-mart and some must not have mirrors , cause if they knew what they looked like they would not have left the house.

So joe ,the simple solution is go shopping with the wife, you see sights and get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    So joe ,the simple solution is go shopping with the wife, you see sights and get what you want.
    If you had to shop where I have to shop, you'd rather chew your arms off, or would end up in prison if you packed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
    I add patchouli oil to my Bens Red sometimes. I smells great on the firing line. Confuses the heck outta people too.
    Really? Ha ha! I can see it now: shots fired, smell of patchouli in the air. Jerry Garcia rolls over in his grave as hippies find themselves mysteriously attracted to the shooting range. A heretofore UNKNOWN area where said hippies have only heard of such things and goings on as shooters get to enjoy in their lives. He he he......
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Don't even get me started on patchouli.

Boolit Master

My wife does the same kind of stuff cause she THINKS like a woman NOT a man, it's genetics. At least every time you go to the range you will think of your wife with every pull of the trigger. Maybe that's what she intended all along.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQJOE View Post
    Don't even get me started on patchouli.
    Lordy, I hate that stuff!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Lordy, I hate that stuff!
    + a bazillion! That, and any other stink making, plug in, candle, dryer sheet, spray on,,,,,,,,yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    Hey, just be glad you can give her a list and she makes the honest effort! Mine simply ignores my odd obsession in a quiet, polite manner.
    You can add "Rolls the Eyes" to mine
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!