Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where did all these sissy metrasexual (so-called) men come from?

Boolit Master

I can't do (haven't tried) all those things, but Far Be It From Me, to disagree w/Heinlein.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master

Had to laugh, teaser on Esquire magazine cover: "How To Be A Real Man in 2013". When I start looking for tips in that magazine full of pretty boys I hope someone kicks me.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

I was sitting in the gun shop last week yakking with the owner. Couple of the other regulars were hanging out talking too. I had just dropped off some bullets I had cast when this thing walks in the door. He starts off bragging about shooting an AR and wanting one as we are talking lead for casting. He notices the bullets and mentions he would never mess with that, to dirty. He looked at one of the guys and said you must have made these. The regular looked at him and said no she did and the dudes jaw dropped. He couldn't believe I could work with dirty molten lead and cast bullets. Then he really didn't believe me when I pointed out the Mosin I was thinking of adding to my other 2 Mosins. He said no way you shoot that thing... I handed it to him and he promptly dropped it because it was to heavy. I have no clue where he came from but it sure wasn't local. He was dressed like a cross between Richard Simmons and some Wall Street exec.

Boolit Master

Hey, not every male Prius owner is a metrosexual.

Some of us buy one because they get good mileage.

And, mine is unusual, it's probably the only Prius in the state with veteran's plates. I do have to find a real good pro-gun, pro-conservative bumper sticker. Too many limp wristed idiots have mistaken us for a couple of liberals. Right up until I start talking guns.

Mary, good to hear you put that city putz in his place. An AR was probably all the recoil he could stand. Me, I've fired mine with the butt against my crotch, and much later with the butt against my lips and chin. Did it to prove the tiny recoil from an AR won't hurt a new shooter, if they apply a little brains.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    In defense of the pantywaists. Some of those "guys" just have never been around the influence of a real man before. Some you can start down the long road to manhood by mentoring them and although I doubt they will ever become MEN they will be a lot less "girly".
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle View Post
    Hey, not every male Prius owner is a metrosexual.

Some of us buy one because they get good mileage.
    You're right... Not every Prius owner is a leftist metrosexual... Just like not every guy who wears white sheets and a hood is a member of the Klan... I'm sure that there are some guys who just like to wear the white sheets and the hood because it is more practical in hot weather or something...

On the other hand, the VW Golf TDI (diesel) that I bought my daughter for when she goes off to college gets an average of 40 mpg between highway and city driving without having to worry about a potentially expensive battery replacement in the future. It's not uncommon to get 50 mpg when driving strictly on the highway when the traffic is not going over 65 mph. On trips where the prevailing traffic speed is 80 or so, it drops down to around 42-45 mpg. Of course, my pickup gets 12 or so mpg with this damn ethanol contaminated fuel that we have around here...
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Boolit Buddy
    We have a prius. Great gas mileage. It balances out my F250 crew cab pickup! Lol!

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Nickle, my dad in law has a prius with veterans plates here in Maine! He is a way conservative gun owner too.

Love Life
    Nissan Frontier gets about 20 MPG highway with a good tail wind. However; I have irrefutable proof that a Nissan Frontier can travers a 60 degree grade at 40 MPH without rolling over. True story, but I digress.

I saw it posted here an just wanted to point it out. If you come across a girly man, then talk to them. Maybe try and teach them some things. With the divorce rate as high as it is, and the preference of the court system to grant custody to the mother, I bet a bunch of these men grew up without a strong male role model. Uncle bob leaving at breakfast does not count...

Are you man enough to teach them something? Even if it is the smallest of lessons?

To all the old people , I have said it before. My generation and Generation Z still need you. Walk out on us/them if you want, but don't cry like girly men when you see the country continue to swirl down the toilet.

My work truck is a new F150 with a V8 and it averages 18.3 MPG. and it has good power too.

Blacksmith and Love Life are correct, there are too many single moms out there. We had a single mom with a boy and a girl in our life for bit. I was showing him how to fix his bicycle and etc. I think about them ocassionaly. She left in huff because our van got scratched and we asked about it. It wasn't that big of a deal to me but what's done is done.

Back in the day, dating single moms.. dang, for every good one..

I'm 47 and I walked to school up hill both ways while getting chased by wolves in chest deep snow.. it wasn't that bad till late winter when the snow was hard enough for the wolves stay on top. As far as the job making the metrosexual, I think they're made before they are old enough to work.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Buddy
    Society is trying to pervert what and how God made us. My boy will be two in a couple of weeks and we're off to the range today to mine for lead.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Any of you seen the latest "Mens Warehouse" add? A bunch of skinney guys standing around in their underwear? Thats gonna replace "You're going to like the way you look,, I guarantee it".

Ya, OK smooch it up boys.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I was sitting in the gun shop last week yakking with the owner. Couple of the other regulars were hanging out talking too. I had just dropped off some bullets I had cast when this thing walks in the door. He starts off bragging about shooting an AR and wanting one as we are talking lead for casting. He notices the bullets and mentions he would never mess with that, to dirty. He looked at one of the guys and said you must have made these. The regular looked at him and said no she did and the dudes jaw dropped. He couldn't believe I could work with dirty molten lead and cast bullets. Then he really didn't believe me when I pointed out the Mosin I was thinking of adding to my other 2 Mosins. He said no way you shoot that thing... I handed it to him and he promptly dropped it because it was to heavy. I have no clue where he came from but it sure wasn't local. He was dressed like a cross between Richard Simmons and some Wall Street exec.
    I busted out laughing when I envisioned this happening. Glad no one heard me. Had to tell you it is so true,and so funny. At the range the verbal snortal when seen is "How prissy the A R!" They looked around confused as everyone turns away!
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

Boolit Buddy
    Wife had a gay aunt with a partner. They got a turkey baster son. I tell ya, if he ain't am example of needing a heterosexual role model in his life i don't know what is. He craves guy time! Like loading ammo, fishing, going to the range, hanging out in Cabelas, etc.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Sounds like there is hope for him. Don't let them turn him to the dark side.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Grand Master

I had to bring it back...

The site reports that Welter told police she and her boyfriend went to a Scottsdale bar to celebrate her birthday and had been dating for six months. The report states that they later argued over past relationships and “a police report says Welter hit, scratched and pulled the hair of her unidentified boyfriend.”

What kind of a man would even admit to this????

Boolit Master
    Why is it any of YOUR business?
    Last edited by Dean D.; 08-07-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: language

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    ....then one day I noticed she was in the old manual chair...I asked if there was a problem with the motorized chair and she started to cry.....her unemployed husband (long term unemployed) had sold it and bought a new TV set and one of those things where players can play games like tennis, etc.
    and the situation has not been addressed? really??

Moderator Emeritus

Happened again today, I was buying a complete AR-15 lower and some dude asked if my boyfriend was getting it to build. I ignored him and proceeded to discuss what barrels were good, what hand guard I wanted etc.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BAGTIC View Post
    Why the Hell is it any of YOUR business?
    What are you talking about? Where do sissy men come from? Without a quote, your statement doesn't have context and really doesn't make any sense.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast