RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where did all these sissy metrasexual (so-called) men come from?

Moderator Emeritus

I agree that it probably started with women lib of the 1960's...however, fathers forgot to teach their sons about holding doors open for women; men walking next to the road and other tips that were designed to protect our women......I sometime experience a rude woman.....but in the last few years I have encountered a growing number of women that will smile and say thank you.....The only thing that I can remember is my Dad being disappointed if I didn't do the right thing.....

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm pushing 60. When the older generation was telling us we wouldn't amount to anything, they were the kind of men who served a good example of what a man should be, and if you WERE worth anything, you watched and learned. I don't see too much of those examples for the kids these days. Media and political correctness killed a lot of manhood, especially in the cities, where it had a tenuous grip at best.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Soooooooooo. How did the culture degrade so much? Where did it start? Why the uproar NOW instead of when it began?
    The old word for these guys was pantywaist. In our culture is started a long time ago 1500 or 1600. Look back to when royalty became more interested in wearing fancy underwear than doing manly things or sell out so they could have fine clothes. It moved down(or up) from there. The word pantywaist, as far as I know, came about when the Scottish clan chiefs start selling out so they could wear fine clothes. That was about 1700. Not saying that when this started.

Nobody alive was around when this started. It's just that now it may be the norm.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dantoweed64 View Post
    All I can think of this: they will be the first to be eaten by starving crowds when the SHTF.
    I would say they are in trouble, kind that they have no idea of, nor do they care. UNTIL TOO LATE !!

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Don't forget Girlly Men can be entertaining. I demonstrate blacksmithing and see more than enough GM but I really enjoy the look on their face when I reach over with my bare hand and pick up a steel bar from the forge and the other end is glowing orange. Sometimes they look like they are about to mess their fancy pants. Then you start to hammering and something takes shape and they see a man with dirty hands who controls fire, hammers and some simple tools actually create something useful right before their eyes.

I prefer the company of real men and strong willed women which is why I like it here in Our Town!
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master
    First I would say I think he should have helped his wife. I think in this case you are right.

Second I would say did it kill her. Women (wife ) is to be a help mate, not a slave but a helper.

The last 100 years or so things have started down a road to what we are facing today. Years ago women worked hard maybe too hard but they did work on homestead. We all needed one an other to make it and neighbors helped one an other also.

Me; I hold doors, ask to see if a women needs help with an item that looks heavy, try to say HI and Hello.

I even carry the purse for my wife, I'm sure there are a few Guy here that think and have few ideas about this, wife would just say; if you thing this older (young looking) ruff-handed, heavy armed, farm boy is a girly boy for carrying my purse you try to tell him he is a sissy. If he in a good mood you may get a funny smile, if in a bad mood or bad day well look out you find out how much of a man he is. With two young kids I do what is needed and at fairs or open flea markets I do carry the purse allot.

In Remembrance
    I think this whole mess picked up steam when Phil Donahue started crying on TV.

JD: You are to be having a grumpy week. Do you need a big old manly huge?
    Last edited by JeffinNZ; 07-11-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Group hug for JD! Let's start a drum circle! (darn, thought we had a barf smiley!)
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Let me be the first to say I have my faults, as the Internet is aware of.

My father prided himself on being a gentleman and being respected as one. To put things in perspective, I was born in 1981, my father was born in 1952, and his father (my grandfather) was born in 1895 (and served in both World Wars). My older brother was born in 1979 and younger half brother in 1986. I got PMRd out of MEPS in 1999, otherwise I would have served in the military like I had planned since childhood.

I've been doing my own laundry since I was 8yo. I wanted to wear my favorite outfit the next day at school and asked my father how to setup and start the washer so he didn't have to do it. I was washing dishes shortly thereafter. By 10yo I was helping out with shoveling, mowing the lawn, and starting the car for my father in the winter to let it warm up for the ride to school.

My parents divorced when I was 1yo. I got disciplined from both. Their divorce really messed me up in the head about a lot of things, but the one thing I can say with pride is once the dust settled and it was final, I remember my parents being very friendly. I don't think it was an act. I think they just didn't make good husband/wife for each other. After 3rd grade I chose to live with my mother and stepfather, mostly because my father's wife was evil like you wouldn't believe. Spent the summers with my father and school year with my mother then two weekends a month at my father's. Anyways, whatever punishment I got at one parent's house stayed the same for the other. So if I got grounded for doing something at my mother's, I was grounded at my father's as well. Punishment was labor and physical (spanking, belts). If I used foul or harsh language toward anyone, I had to chug a bottle of hot sauce without a drink for an hour. If it was toward my brothers, I got a good backhand plus the former.

I've been with my wife for 11 years, married for 7, have a 6yo son and 2yo daughter together. I hold the door for her, help her put her jacket on upon departure; even the house when it's just us four getting ready to go somewhere. I want my kids to see that. My son should also do it and my daughter should choose a man that does the same. My son helps his little sister get her jacket on and zip it up.

That being said, my wife is the "handyman" around the house. Except for hunting, fishing, trapping stuff, I can't put anything together to save my life. I'm ignorant, but willing to learn. My father in law taught me a lot about "man stuff" when we bought our house in 2007. Rewired the whole house, put in a new breaker box, put in new flooring, gutted and drywalled 3/4 of the house, plumbed gas line, remodeled a bathroom. I in turn taught my father in law how to slaughter and butcher chickens, pigs, and cows. I taught him all the prime cuts of pork and beef. I'm the one that butchers all the deer for the family that gets one. Guns break he brings them to me.

I do a lot of gentleman stuff. I've still got a lot to learn about certain "man stuff" things, but I'm willing to learn, not lazy about learning. Biggest judgement on the forum is I don't care about gays or God. The two will always clash. Don't care about gays, don't care about God. Other than that...
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Vaquero View Post
    Hey, I met that guys brother in a Lowes parking lot 2 weeks ago! I wish that I had as much fun as you did with the situation.

If the women are willing to accept that level of male behavior then so be it! My daughter's have been taught not to.
    Not a good attitude. These guys have the power to vote. If women are willing to accept that level of "behavior" then they need to be corrected too.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    When my Uncle died my cousins threw away all his hand tools, threw them in the dumpster, because they didn't think people used them any more.
    Maybe I'm a sissy too, cause reading this almost made me cry.

My father IN LAW gave me his father's tools when he died. his father worked for the Ford motor company as (at least at one time) a lathe operator. 50% of the tools are obviously repurposed files. Each piece, each rusty unsuable reamer is a treasure.

Boolit Master
    Whiterabbit, I guess the point I was attempting to make is that some Women are not even aware of what they are missing/accepting until someone shows them the difference. I take great pride in having had influence on several of my daughters friends. I guess what really concerns me about that is where are their fathers?

I think to some degree contemporary men and women have been sold a load of BS and do not even question why? I tell my kids 'Why?" is a powerful question. Many people today cannot respond past the 2nd or 3rd time you inquire as to why the think/feel/act the way they do! The talking heads and sounds bits are all they know.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Oh man! Wait until you see an Emo guy, JD. You'll want to tell him to give his sister her pants back and quit acting like a *****.
    LMAO, I thought I was the only one that said that.

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    Well I might as well add to the hornets nest. When women were given the right to vote, it all started going downhill (voting with emotion instead of intelligence). And I'm not joking. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to the cave.
    You probably have a point there. What makes us think that the Founding Fathers didn't know exactly what they were doing when they failed to include women in the right to vote? We need to be voting on the ISSUES, not which candidate has the best hair style or his wife's clothes.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dantoweed64 View Post
    All I can think of this: they will be the first to be eaten by starving crowds when the SHTF.
    Yeah, but there isn't enough meet on their bones to feed a person for more than a single meal.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Bub
    Personally, men with no spine or courtesy have a very special place of loathing for me. I love it when I hold a door and a stream of people 20 years my senior walk by without acknowledging that there's more than a wooden wedge holding it open, or even trying to touch the door. Me, bein' raised pretty good by my pop's estimation (Bad Water Bill on here), am often a little too polite in these cases, not wanting to let the door slam on someone. Similarly however, too many people are too willing to blame this group or that faction of society as to how and why. While yes, knowing how and why this happened is very important in preventing this from getting worse, at the same time... do we just want to become the opposite negative example? I think what we can do to change it is most important consideration, especially with the very malleable point we're at right now in history.
    Last edited by hardware; 07-11-2013 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Clarifications

Boolit Master

If you think they are bad here, you should see them in South Korea. I just got back from spending some time over there and it seems that every young (i.e. 20s and below) male on the trains (people called them "subways", but since they didn't seem to go underground, I'm not sure that term is accurate) seemed to be a "girly man". What ever happened to the good old days when people had the decency to keep their sexual perversions private?
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Sadly, It takes all kind. Let the gps or cell phones go on the blink and we'll see. I'm by no means as tough as my parents or grand parents. My grandmother would fight you like a man in the street if need be. My grandfather would cut your head off and kick it out in the road. Made wiskey sold tobacco and the only hell my mama ever raised was me. Being the youngest out of eight I had to fight day in day out. Four sisters and three brothers meant dayly butt kickings. Sisters were the worst. I think family is the key. My dad would backhand the hell out of me anywhere and dare me to cry. I knew it would happen and still do something to get into trouble. I've noticed white people no longer do this ,but black people will ,in a heart beat lay down a whipping in front of a crowd of people. So I believe it is a reflextion of the parents. I have no children so this is just my opinion. I hated my father for a long time, but as I grew into a man I understood why he was so tough on me. He prepared me for a life known by no other generation. Too few hunters,fishermen and gentlemen. We have it easy ,truly a blessing. Let them pound sand for a couple years. They'll grow a pair one way or the other.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I prefer the company of real men and strong willed women which is why I like it here in Our Town!
    Plus One, BS!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast