Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where did all these sissy metrasexual (so-called) men come from?

Boolit Master

Well said Recluse. I will say though, there's a few places where "metrosexual" doesn't exist. One place is underground. We have an old saying that holds true....leave your feelings in the truck, as they'll get hurt underground.
    Don't take much to get a coal miner to fighting underground, then when it's done and over, they go back to watching each others backs.
    Kids that aren't made to do some hard sweating labor as a teen, have a tendency to grow into this womanly man we see today.

Quote Originally Posted by longranger View Post
    Guess were all "retrosexuals" per Dr. Laura's definition a "retrosexual" fix's his own stuff. Everything from small and large appliances,lawn mowers, his own vehicles,might even build his own home. He can kill it ,clean it and cook it,probably has more than one gun.
    He does not eat tofu,sip latte's,get a waxing to unmentionable parts of his body,drive a Prius, Obama/Biden bumper sticker,call repairman for everything that breaks.
    This past weekend I was up in the Wind River area up around Lander and hiked up a small lake thats loaded with Golden Trout. Not to unusual to have company. There was a young family that had packed in with their 5 and 7 y.o. girl and boy. After a few hours we struck up a conversation and he was tree trimmer for local power co. and was from Aiken SC.I have to tell you his 2 kids were the most competent 5 and 7 y.o.'s I have ever seen.5. y.o. can cast her pink Zebco better than most adults, she caught fish, took them off the hook, baited her own hook. Never messed up the reel or hung it up in the bushes.7 y.o. ties his own knots and is 100 % on his own fishing.He cooked his own fish that night in his own "mess kit", 7 y.o. poaching his fish in a nice dill liquid(dad provided) he has his own knife and dad keeps in his pocket when he need it he has to ask. I learned how catch bats from a 7 y.o. "so we can look at them and let them go". We stayed 2 nights and these kids were a blast in the mountains but the bigger point is these kids will be very confident,competent adults.
    I started my kids very young as well I walked their tails off in the mountains the hills and valleys, they carried their little day packs with juice and a snack and when they were old enough they carried their Cricket .22's and shot grouse.
    You can do anything with kids little sponges they learn everything you want them to and not if you don't pay attention, get the iphone out of their hands and fishing pole or a rifle instead.Herein lies where it begins wether or not their going to be a cissy or a man or woman.
    Sinks Basin area????

Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Good morning
    The roots of the problem go back a bit farther. Somewhere moms and dads generally decided the Bible did not need to be read at home. The minority wanted the Bible out of the schools. No one stood up and said No to that. So the general majority got just what it did not care to care about.
    There are few executions of murders, child molesters, rapists, those who sell drugs (pharmesuticas)especially to children and those who sell women and children. Transexuals were to be executed. Men were to be distinct in dress and actions. Women also.
    So now.. no morals, few codes of conduct, even less honor. But hold on to your hats... the day will come when the Bible will be banned and the minority will want all Biblicists done away with.
    So what do you think the general poulace will do then ?? As they have always.. the east road ? Don't make waves ? Just let me get along with my life and enjoy my weekend ?
    A nation that does not right it's wrongs will only suffer far more evil in it's future. And without a guide who will know what is right ?
    Mike in Peru
    VERY well put Mike. GOD, GUNS & FAMILY.....all 3 were a staple in every household many a decade or generations back, now all 3 are slowly fading from sight.

Boolit Grand Master

When my Uncle died my cousins threw away all his hand tools, threw them in the dumpster, because they didn't think people used them any more. Of course one is ( what is the pc term for ***** these days?) and the other has done nothing since highschool but punch a computer keyboard. My Uncle worked on small engines all his life to put these two through school and they never touched a greasy part because their mother wanted something better for them. Their Dad was a MAN who was proud to work with his hands and support his family. He built his own home that his kids grew up to consider too POOR looking for them. I'm 11 years older than my oldest cousin and worked side by side with my Uncle for years and I almost cry when I see what happened to his kids.

Meanwhile my grandson worked with me in the shop and wants to be a blacksmith when he grows up, maybe there is some hope yet.

Boolit Man
    Some very broad generalizations going on in this thread. I'm in my late 20s, grew up playing video games, yet still played outside. Even though I have a desk job, I do all of my own repair work on all my cars and bikes. I still do chivalrous acts such as holding doors open and carrying heavy things. As far as metrosexual tendencies, I do dress well and I patron trendy places. Maybe I'm just an outlier or maybe there's more gray than some of you will admit.

One more note on religion, it doesn't need to be shoved down everyone's throat for the sake of "morality". This country was founded on religious freedom so people have the right of free will.

Boolit Master

It's all true, has at times made me apathetic, and at times been my motivation. This nation, along with its girly men and manly girls is on a slippery slope heading straight to Hell. Mike is right, the Bible and prayer got removed followed closely by morals, ethics, and justice. What used to be called 'good' is now called 'bad,' and what used to be called 'bad' is now called 'good.' The break down of the nuclear family ushered in the beginning of the end. Can you tell me please of a third world nation that has a system in place to protect marriage and the unborn? Or visa versa? Great thread gentlemen! Lets just keep opening doors, allowing our boys to use their testosterone and loving our wives in the way we want our daughters to be loved when they marry a MAN!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

I coined a new term that made my daughter roll her eyes but laugh. The state I was visiting had a curious predominance of exceedingly thin young males with skinny pants, piercings and tats. I'm not talking fit, I'm talking emaciated and pale, sickly looking. I started calling them "twiggies" because they looked like they'd snap in half if they ever had to do something physical. Wrong, I know, but they clearly were doing it on purpose. Who intentionally wants to look like a pansy-boy?
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flounderman View Post
    I'm not saying we should reinstate the draft, but the country going the way it is, started after the draft ended. I spent some time in WV a few years ago and you could see an obvious difference between the ones that had served and had some experiences and the ones that came after the draft and just grew up hanging around. Worked in a correctional facility and you could see a difference between former military inmates and non military. I personally feel any game that requires electricity should be illegal until you are 21 because it is more dangerous to our future than drugs, guns or alcohol.
    My thoughts exactly and I have felt that way for a long time. Discipline and learning to get along with and work with people that you might never associate with in civilian life. You are all in the same boat and you have to pull your weight or suffer the consequences. I always considered my time as one of the largest influences on my adult life. And yes you can see a difference in attitude and deportment of vets.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

I saw this evidence last night at Menards.
    I was picking up some lumber to replace the trim on my home when I looked over and saw this young man (term used loosely) with his girlfriend. He was wearing a bandanna, scruffy beard, tattoos on the arms, plaid shirt and "distressed" blue jeans that cost more than most of my clothes, and generally working very hard at portraying a tough guy.
    After watching them trying to figure out how to get a box off of the shelf (I overheard him saying, "the box says its 40 pounds, that is too much to lift), they had to get someone to lift the box and put it into their cart. I realized then he was a poser, a hipster as they are called now. Buy the clothes, wear sunglasses, try to look scruffy and tough, but don't get your hands dirty, eat out all the time, fear the unknown, fear not pleasing everyone around you.
    People live in fear now as I see it. Fear of being your own man, fear of failure, fear of what others think. Stay in your shell, like what everyone else likes, fear to speak out against the popular sentiment of the time.
    Are they effeminate? In my book, that is an insult to the fairer sex. The women in my life, my mother, my wife, our very few close friends, are intelligent, strong willed, willing to learn, understand how to stand up and be heard, have a good moral compass life and in general are contributors to the game of life, not parasites. They work 60+ hours a week, know how to do things or know how to ask for help when needed. They like to have doors opened for them not because they expect it, but because they know it is polite and a sign of respect. They are passionate and kind. They also despise weakness in character, in both men and women.
    As stated many times in the above posts, men now are treated like a villain if they don't dress a certain way, cut their own grass (yup true story on that one. More than two guys I know at work refuse to cut their grass, said they are above that), change their own oil, or if they are willing to stand up for themselves in a pinch. That same guy I work with has his wife pick out his clothes, shoes and the type of haircut he wears. Why, because he was raised to have no spine, no self respect and no class. He has no hobbies, no interests in anything, just what ever is decided for him. And he has the gall to complain about it. I told him one time, only once, grow a set, say your piece, or shut up and take what you deserve.

Have heart though, stay strong, there is hope.
    When I was packing up the lumber in the back of my truck, a young man working for Menards was out collecting carts. He stopped at my truck and asked if I needed some help. I thanked him but declined. He stood there for a moment watching me tie a modified truckers hitch to cinch down the load of wood. His eyes were the size of boiled eggs. I think he heard the rope creaking as it cinched up tight. He asked me, what the knot was and I told him. He then asked me if I could show him how to tie it. So, in all of the heat and humidity, I took five minutes and showed him. He thanked me and went on his merry way.
    That gives me hope.

Prolly from NYC like that puky Victoria Prude. Then there is the new C&W song where he falls in love, she moves in, moves his stuff out, goes into debt big time and wants him to stop smoking so she won't have to pay the debt when he dies.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by ph4570 View Post
    A good story from a story teller.
    I made it to the hat bit.....cool story bro.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjones View Post
    Some very broad generalizations going on in this thread. I'm in my late 20s, grew up playing video games, yet still played outside. Even though I have a desk job, I do all of my own repair work on all my cars and bikes. I still do chivalrous acts such as holding doors open and carrying heavy things. As far as metrosexual tendencies, I do dress well and I patron trendy places. Maybe I'm just an outlier or maybe there's more gray than some of you will admit.

One more note on religion, it doesn't need to be shoved down everyone's throat for the sake of "morality". This country was founded on religious freedom so people have the right of free will.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't always be sure of their authenticity.”
    - Abraham Lincoln

Love Life
    Soooooooooo. How did the culture degrade so much? Where did it start? Why the uproar NOW instead of when it began?

Boolit Master
    They started out form all these popular gay shows; ***** Eye for the straight guy, Dr. Phil, etc....and the Dems. It is said.

Love Life
    The degradation of society started long before those shows came out.

The degradation of our society and morals allowed those shows to make it to the airwaves.

I ask again. When did the slippery slope start?

We are not at the top of the slope right now. We are half way down screaming "HELP" as we try to slow down the advance down the slope.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post
    YOU may think that a good post, but I think its just the perspective of a "tweener" whose culture had already been compromised by the time he was born. Hell, culture and morality had been degrading for years by that time.
    I call your math skills or reading comprehension into serious question. "Tweeners" are preteens (10-12) by definition. I'm well beyond that age.

You strike me as a curmudgeon. Complaining about this generation yet doing nothing to change or influence it. The "greatest generation" complained a lot about baby boomers too. Then the cycle repeats.

Culture as a whole evolves and changes. We once thought that the world was flat or that the earth was the center of the universe. Hell, some cultures even sacrificed virgins to appease their gods. Should we revert back to that?

Point is that things change, culture, morality, etc are all relative. Not saying that the trend toward weaker men or p*ssifuation is good but it's a fact and its there. I hate it, especially since its predominantly my generation. You can either deal with it, complain about it, or help to change it by having a positive impact on those around you.
    Last edited by mikeyjones; 07-10-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Well most of us grew up in a diffrent time period. Where hard work, Honor and honesty were rewarded. Nowdays those concepts are forieghn to most. Its really interesting here, Most farmers cant get help for baling hay or straw. Most kids have everything handed to them and they feel its their right to, no part time jobs summer jobs. Just Dad I need gas money.They havent learned cause and effect how to manage themselves or do whats right. I started in my first little Job shop as a tool maker when I was 15 years old. I learned more about being an adult and the above from that than anywheres else. Stop and think about it. I have seen it for a long time. Kids have been taught they are to good for manual labor and to work. No responsibility and respect.

Love Life
    Who taught them that?

Boolit Master
    Mikeyjones, you are the exception to the rule and you should be proud of that! My son at 19, is also the exception to the rule because he was taught some things are absolute and good manners in public is one of them. You should not be offended by the broad brush painting in this thread as you are admittedly unlike your peers.

Cultural relativism, assumes that all points of view have a equal value and they do not! As you point out in post #37! We should not return to virgin sacrifice any more then we should stop being polite to ladies! Some thing's need to be maintained and jealousy guarded as good and right, irrespective of popular opinion. I would say to you what is being discussed here is the de-evolution of our culture.

Change is not always good.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Master

You do what you can do. My son is 10 and my daughter is 11(I'm 57). My son loves video games, but I don't get him all the cool stuff like Wii, x-box and all that other crud. He has a small handheld video game, so does my daughter, so they can be entertained while in the car. I recently started them both in Karate, and they love it. It is a bit expensive, so I just can't by any more guns for a wile. But I also have them both in music lessons. I never had the chance when I was young and I like to expose them to as much as possible. Besides learning music makes them think and learn to practice something even when you may not really want to. They also help me with yard work and fixing stuff around the house, work on the car, both of them, good for a girl to learn this stuff too. I am taking them both backpacking again this year, REAL backpacking, where you have to bring all you own stuff and there isn't a bathroom for 50 miles. And of course we all go shooting at the Cowboy Action match at least once a month and another time just for practice and fun. The reason guys are the way they are is because THEIR PARENTS allowed them to be that way. We lost most of a generation, especially in the shooting sports, when Dad's only job was to go to work and make money, preferably in a nice clean office, and leave the kids to mom, or worse, a daycare center. I see it all the time at the range, grandfather's bring their grand kids to learn how to shoot because their parents don't like guns. I am shocked when the guys I shoot with tell me their kids don't shoot because they were too busy to teach them, plus it wasn't considered the "right ' thing to do at the time. Now they know better and are trying to save their grandkids from the liberal mindset, but it is difficult when the parents don't do the same. Our kids are mostly what we teach them and more importantly what we SHOW them. That's the main reason I have chosen to be a stay at home dad and work out of my house, to try and raise a couple of straight-arrow, useful, intelligent kids who know right from wrong and will stick by their beliefs and not just "go with the crowd". I refuse to have a Pu$$y for a son and a "helpless female" for a daughter. For what it's worth, I didn't join the military, I became a Deputy Sheriff instead. That will REALLY show you how messed up some people's kids are.
    Last edited by Springfield; 07-10-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

When did it start?

My opinion. It first started when mothers left the home and entered the workforce, it was needed as it was WW2.

Taking prayer out of the schools also did nothing to help our country, or the young folks growing up in it.

Taking recent history and patriotism out of the schools added to the problem.

There was a time when the U.S. went to war the whole country went to war, some items were restricted and people accepted it and helped the war effort.

Young men were drafted and for the most part did their best while serving. Frankly I can't see that with todays young men or women, or the others whatever they are.

Then we have the womens movement which while I believe in equality they still are the fairer sex, and should be treated as such.

All of the above is just my opinion, and as I get older I'm realizing how little it means.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Who taught them that?
    IMO. Mainly started with the baby boomer kids after the war. Parents knew what the depression was like and wanted the kids to have it better than they did. So they started spoiling the kids in one way or the other. Seems to have snowballed over the years and of course there are exceptions.

If it was not for my father teaching me things and getting me started when I was younger I would not be near as mechanical (fix my own stuff and make my own stuff) and into guns as I am today. Today you are looked at like some retard outcast if you don't want to sit in college for 4+ years and prefer to get into the trades. The schools often make young people feel like they will be worthless if they don't go for that 4 year piece of paper. I have a college degree so its not like I am against it or anything, just what I saw.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast