Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay folks, fair warning...

Boolit Master

Wonder if you can/would assign rights to host your articles/info on a sight that agrees to make it available to all?
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    Wonder if you can/would assign rights to host your articles/info on a sight that agrees to make it available to all?
    I asked, it's a no-go.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

I asked too, but haven't heard back. I don't need to own the rights, and could provide access to it on my site. It's a Wordpress blog, so it would be easy to keep all the articles under Rocky's name, and a nice compartmentalized area for him should he ever wish to dabble in the future.

Boolit Buddy
    How large is the site and what is your monthly bandwidth? You might be able to archive it to one of the free sites out there or someone might volunteer to put it on their site for you.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

I admit I have used a couple of your articles as reference and wish to send appreciation.

I didn't know about the books - will have to see about giving you some of my limited reading time.

Curious about the other books you had thought about writing

Fiction—Young Men in Nomex The third novel in the Rusty Naille series. Rusty is now a jet instructor pilot back in the US. He soon learns that flying jets with novice pilots can be more dangerous than combat.

Fiction—Making a FAC The Rusty Naille prequel. From the moment he gets his orders until the day he arrives in Vietnam, nothing about being a FAC is what Rusty expects it to be.

Fiction—Canaveral Rose When you think of Cape Canaveral, you probably think of NASA. But the hardy settlers whose ancestors lived there for 300 years think of it as their home—until they are evicted by the US government.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Hi all

Just a heads up that I managed to acquire the www.reloadingroom.com domain Rocky allowed to expire. I also managed to secure an HTML archive of the site using web crawling software. If we can get Rocky to reply (I never had the pleasure of knowing him) then we might be able to arrange for his content to continue a useful life perpetually upon my blog.

OnceFired

Hmmm. Well, it turns out that my optimism was short-lived. This domain ended up going to auction despite showing up as a redirect to my website the day I made the post above.

The new owner has registered it privately. So there is currently no way to tell who has it at this point, or what they intend to do with it since right now it's getting the standard "this web page is parked by GoDaddy" message.

I do have the content from Rocky's site archived. If I can get permission from him, I am still quite happy to host it on my site to let it live on.

OnceFired

Boolit Master

The new owner has registered it privately. So there is currently no way to tell who has it at this point, or what they intend to do with it since right now it's getting the standard "this web page is parked by GoDaddy" message.
    Looks like GoDaddy will try to help you get the name for ONLY $80. They probably picked it up as it went available and are holding it for ransom hoping the former owner will pay to get it back.

I do have the content from Rocky's site archived. If I can get permission from him, I am still quite happy to host it on my site to let it live on.
    You are a good man Oncefired.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Rocky,

Understand exactly where you are. My neighbor went through a period where he didn't pop a cap for ten years after he retired from the job. Went entirely off the radar. Now finally in his later years he enjoys a few hours with patched ball muzzleloaders and vintage mil-surps. Got him to mess nite at Quantico tomeet old friends, went into DC to visit a few others at the wall. He's come out of his shell a bit and becoming more social.

Enjoy your space, you are in our prayers. Some day I'd love to read your article, "The guns I kept when I lost interest."

Fair winds and following seas, friend.

Boolit Bub
    The last bastion of liberal thought in Texas
    The good news is that pretty much any site that has disappeared is still available on the 'way back machine' - google it, you'll be amazed what you can find.

I'm still baffled how someone so completely absorbed by this sport/hobby could just walk away.

Oh well... Rocky is missed.

Boolit Master
    It happens. I was an outdoor writer about both hunting and fishing in several magazines and regular newspapers for over 25 years and walked away 15 years ago myself. Life happens and sometimes the muse that inspires you just disappears overnight.

Boolit Master
    Link? Sorry

Boolit Master

Someone in 2013 mentioned finding it using the internet archives. Here is the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20130616...adingroom.com/

There is some really good information there.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Wait a minute you still have to update us on rocket launches!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Grand Master
    https://web.archive.org/web/20130616...adingroom.com/

Sadly, most of the internal links don't work, but the excellent article on Reloading 101 still works. I strongly recommend it to anyone starting to reload.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    He had a good article on the 22 Hornet on his wesite

Banned

What gun magazines have you written for?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    What gun magazines have you written for?
    Rocky was last on the site in July of 2013. I doubt he's going to answer your question.

This is one reason NOT to necro threads.
    NRA Benefactor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12