Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay folks, fair warning...

Okay folks, fair warning...

If you weren't aware of it, I retired from gun writing a while back. Done. Fini. Kaput.

As a result, I'm going to allow my webpage ---> removed due to virus after expired <--- to expire when my hosting agreement is up in October. You have 90 days to download and save anything you want from it (for personal use only, it's still copyrighted) because after Oct 5, it's gone.

Note: the page doesn't display properly in Internet Exploder, another reason why I'm killing it. Use Firefox or Chrome to view it.
    Last edited by No_1; 07-04-2015 at 06:00 AM.

In Remembrance

Thanks Rocky. I copied and pasted several of you articles to Word for future reference. Good stuff there!

Boolit Master

Thanks, Rocky.
    Gun control is not about guns.

I'm making what amounts to a clean break from shooting. Sold most of my guns and reloading gear and haven't pulled a trigger in over a year. As a result, I don't expect to be posting again, but I'm deeply honored by the compliment.

Adios, friends.

You will be missed

Banned

I hope everything is OK. I'd wondered where you'd been, I've enjoyed your posts on handloads.com for a long time and more recently here. Thanks for all the knowlege I've gained from you.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.
    If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    No need to run off, Rocky. We still talk about dogs, tractors, moonshining, and lots of other stuff here!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Bummer. Hope you get the urge again Rocky, and if you don't, thanks for all the choice stuff. Well done sir.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

I've copied and saved a few items on your page before. Now I will make a systematic effort the get everything that I might need in the future.

Thanks for your efforts!

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master
    Wow, seems like something I never would hear! You will be missed for the calm and logic you brought to load development help whenever I or anybody else asked! I hope you might get the itch again someday and join us here again.

Please take care in life's travels from here on out.
    Cowboy.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

i could echo many of the statements above ... the one i will is thank you amigo ! your articles , your typing , has helped me as well as some friends i turned on to it alot !may your path be straight and the road smooth and every sunrise warm,welcome and full of beauty , vaya con dios amigo
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master
    Enjoyed your work, Rocky. Hope to hear from you somewhere, sometime.
    Paul

Boolit Master

Thanks,Stars and Stripes Forever

Rocky....Thanks for the contributions you have made to the sport and craft of handloading for they have been significant.

Being a student of human nature, I always wonder why folks made big changes in their lives, for there is always a reason. But that is your business, so I will just wish you well in your journey down the path of life.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck in your new endeavors, Rocky.

I hope everything is ok, Rocky. Your contributions to the shooting sports and reloading, of course, have been extraordinary.

I'll miss your posts here, Rocky, and your spirit.

All the best to you in all future endeavors of every sort.

Doug
    Oregon

Boolit Master

We all have different seasons in our life. Sounds like you are going into another season. As you know, don't burn any bridges because you may want to come back this way. Thank you for all your choice input. I am among the group wishing you well and hoping your journey brings you back this way again.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Like some people I was unaware of your accomplishments, so I went and done some reading. There is some interesting article's and such, thanks and good luck with your new path in life.

Boolit Master

Farewell and be well. Thanx for your support for the .41spl........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast