RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: 375 jdj ql ?

375 jdj ql ?

Would anyone with Quick load care torun the #'s for a 250 gr boolit and H335 powder with a #210 lr primer, in a .375 JDJ for me? I just need a safe starting point and Max charge . The seated portion of the boolit is .380" into the case . There is some data that I found using this powder and 200-220 gr jackets but nothing listed for 250's! Any hep would be appreciated. TIA. If more comfortable you cam PM me the #'s so they are not on the open forum, even though I know Everyone here uses extreme caution when trying unknown load data found on the internet!

no quik load ( soz ) nor do i use that powder in my jdj's but ... you surely got my curiosity and interest !!! which boolit you using ? i almost hate to say it but with the lee 250 my carbine barrel loves a lite load of unique ( 10.6 in my carbine w/ 1.25-ish group @100 yds ) not quite as nice in either of my shorter barrels [shrugz]
    with jacketed i've pretty much settled on aa 2200 for anything lighter than 250 and aa 2520 for the heavier stuff ( aa 2520 is close to a ball equivalent of 4895 )
    i had gotten in on the now 220 group buy but havent had a chance to work up a load yet
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    no quik load ( soz ) nor do i use that powder in my jdj's but ... you surely got my curiosity and interest !!! which boolit you using ? i almost hate to say it but with the lee 250 my carbine barrel loves a lite load of unique ( 10.6 in my carbine w/ 1.25-ish group @100 yds ) not quite as nice in either of my shorter barrels [shrugz]
    with jacketed i've pretty much settled on aa 2200 for anything lighter than 250 and aa 2520 for the heavier stuff ( aa 2520 is close to a ball equivalent of 4895 )
    i had gotten in on the now 220 group buy but havent had a chance to work up a load yet
    I was the one that asked Al ( noe ) to build the 375 copy of the Rcbs 200 gr ( my mould drops @ 250 gr when fully dressed with my alloy ) and it seems to shoot very very well out of both my 375 win and 375 JDJ Sized to .3782". I have contacted Ramshot powder and was given some data for Tac Powder and 250 and 270 gr ( bullets ) all the load data they gave me seems to show no pressure signs and is rather shall we say ENERGETIC!!! I have been shooting the JDJ with 45.5 gr of H 4895 whitch is seems to like, however I cannot get any more of it for love or money! The other powder that I have been shooting alot of is WC 735 , the only mil surp powder that is available here in Canada to my knowledge. It sees use in several cals . The 335 data that I seek will just be a starting point as I had mentioned.

Boolit Buddy
    You have prolly asked already........ Does SSK have the load data that you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Spokerider View Post
    You have prolly asked already........ Does SSK have the load data that you need?
    Already went that route! I am very interested to find out about H335! I was given data right from the balistics lab @ ramshot using TAC and it shoots alright , But I have and can get more mil surp powder ! The JDJ, She's a hungry mouth to feed!

Boolit Buddy
    Bar 250-X powder grains................max powder grains
    ..............2015.....38.7....................... .2015.....43.0
    ..............2230.....38.7....................... .2230.....43.0
    ..............2460.....39.6....................... .2460.....44.0
    ..............2495.....39.6....................... .2495.....44.0
    ..............2520.....43.2....................... .2520.....48.0
    This is from Accurate Arms Company 2nd edition
    Last edited by Cosmiceyes; 07-08-2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: screen not show complete original post
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

depending upon alloy ( erm and gas check or hp or not ) my 220 turns out 225-235 grains ready to load , redneckdan posted a sweet target with his use of this boolit on the group buy page !! i hadnt considered h 335 , but now you know why i stated "has got my curiosity and interest " :P
    i've heard it mentioned so many times i dont know where or when or even who but most knowledgeable folks i have talked to ( or read ) have usually suggested that the minimum for jacketed data could be considered around close to maximum with boolits , the problem there in my mind is while this theory has proven it's self over time with alot of rounds there are actually some it doesnt ( ie; some calibers actually can handle more with cast and sometimes even exceed jacketed velocities , ermm safely ) and i have to add to that that usually for me most ball powders seem to prefer the upper loading densities ( YMMV ) leaving me thinking that a 10% reduction from minimum jacketed data would be a start point , if it was stick powder i wouldnt hesitate to suggest this , they have always stated however that data for a heavier projectile can be used with a lighter projectile ( but non vice versa )
    umm you think your's is a hungry mouth to feed ...try having a litter as opposed to just one of them puppies :P and sadly you're so far away and we cant ship powder as i know where there's a few pounds of H4895 ...
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by blaser.306 View Post
    Would anyone with Quick load care torun the #'s for a 250 gr boolit and H335 powder with a #210 lr primer, in a .375 JDJ for me? I just need a safe starting point and Max charge . The seated portion of the boolit is .380" into the case . There is some data that I found using this powder and 200-220 gr jackets but nothing listed for 250's! Any hep would be appreciated. TIA. If more comfortable you cam PM me the #'s so they are not on the open forum, even though I know Everyone here uses extreme caution when trying unknown load data found on the internet!
    From a Hodgon manual there is a load for the .375 Winchester using H335 starting at 38 grains and maxing at 40 grains with a 250 grain boolit.
    Since the parent case for your round is a 444 case ,and I know nothing else. Reduce by 10% and start there.The only primer used was Large rifle.

Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmiceyes View Post
    From a Hodgon manual there is a load for the .375 Winchester using H335 starting at 38 grains and maxing at 40 grains with a 250 grain boolit.
    Since the parent case for your round is a 444 case ,and I know nothing else. Reduce by 10% and start there.The only primer used was Large rifle.
    I am loading 36 gr of WC 735 mil surp powder ( 10% faster than H335 )in my 375 win With this same boolit. But remember I am looking for 375 JDJ info. I have found some data for H335 using 200-220 gr jaxketed . I am thinking that using that starting load reduced by another 10% will give me a reasonably safe starting point. After doing a couple of test ladders and running them across the chrony all the while watching for signs of pressure I may slowly inch up a little to find the accurate sweet spot! PS the Ramshot Tac data that was given to me maxed out with those copper things @ 2000 fps!

Boolit Buddy
    You could just call SSK industries in Ohio! They make the barrels.

Jules

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Spokerider View Post
    Thanks, I found a stray here in town from another member! It followed me home $32.99 Cant beat it with a stick!