RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bair Kodiak 150 or Pacific prO Deluxe Press! Anybody Use One???

Boolit Master
    Hi Sal,
    I know how you feel I lost one on E-Bay on a $5 difference in bids and it hurts! I just put in what I could stand on my bid and let it ride expecting to be eventually out bid! It never happened this time! Thanks for the info!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

pic's of P-PrO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-010S.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	75600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-011S.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	75601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-012S.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	75602Pic's I hope of the Pacific PrO.
    #1. Sticker on linkage arm w/pat#.
    #2. Primer tray & primer tubes.
    #3. My machine.
    How's that seagiant?

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Thanks! The primer tubes just have a collar to fit the press,easy enough to build! The primer catcher is the same as on a Pacific 366,all good info for me! Thank you very much!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    Seagiant, what a great find, it truly is a piece of "Century Engineering"! The great grand kids will be using it someday.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Vaquero View Post
    Seagiant, what a great find, it truly is a piece of "Century Engineering"! The great grand kids will be using it someday.
    Hi 44,
    I've been looking at this press,even the Bair or Pacific rendition for years! I've bid on actually a few and always got outbid and each time one comes up it goes for more money than the last! This time I said to myself,just how much would you pay? Thats what I put my bid at,and I got it!

No deal, but times a-wastin and you don't see them even on the Internet that much! I've started accumilating these presses till I now look at them as an investment! Ha!

Here's swan's press,pretty nice!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by r1kk1 View Post
    The CHampion is a beast of a press as I own one. Solid ram measuring about 1-3/16" that is drilled through for primer disposal. Very ergonomic to operate. 30 pounder. My Ultramag is taller but much smaller diameter ram.

The largest ram single stage I know of is the OWS RockCrusher with 1-5/8" diameter.

r1kk1
    R1KK1, is that the same press CH4D makes, she is a real beast almost a 100 pounds and over 8 inch's of travel?

Seagiant, I was watching that press, happy it found a good home!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Vaquero View Post
    R1KK1, is that the same press CH4D makes, she is a real beast almost a 100 pounds and over 8 inch's of travel?
    Sure enough! I've seen one in person and unbelievably huge! It will handle 20mm or 25mm stuff.

Take care

r1kk1

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well the seller of my press said it cost him $20 more than he quoted on the shipping! I guess that is on him as I bid with what he quoted to ship in mind? I can also see that it comes with the primer catcher as I can see it in this photo! Looks like all I'm missing is the primer tubes!

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well the loader came in today and I will be honest,it's actually a little smaller than I had envisioned! The thing is though that it is so STOUT and well made and just down right COOL that you are taken over by the whole package!!!

I mean if you made a movie about a guy reloading and showed this thing being used, you would know the dude must know what he's doing! Ha! I just cleaned it up but it has rust and some pits on the handle and the plastic primer catcher has a crack (which was not reviled) no matter as I will probably make one out of aluminum for it!

I also will probably refurbish it as I have no intrest in collecter value and want to use it. It is probably as tight and smooth as the day it left the factory and I also want to slow rust blue all the metal including the ram!

Boolit Master
    Seagiant, That's too funny "I will be honest, it's actually a little smaller than I had envisioned!" I love packages in the mail.

Sweet looking press! If you do rehab it, Powder coating the frame will make it look outstanding!

Boolit Master
    Hi 44,
    Don't get me wrong,so far I love it and it's not going any where for a long while! I want to get into home powder coating eventually. I need to build another oven as I also like the gun coat products. I think all you need for both is an oven that will hold 300 degrees for an hour which is not really that hard to do!

The good news with the Bair is most of the powder coating is still there. You can prep and paint with a good paint and never SEE the difference even though as you say powder coating is tougher! This is such a neat press I'd like to get it back like the day it left the factory...or better!

Boolit Master
    Seagiant, Eastwood sells a pretty nice kit for powder coating and has some great colors available too! I have used a friends once or twice, it's a lot like rust blue-ing surface prep makes all the difference.

http://www.eastwood.com/paints/hotco...coat-guns.html

You are down in Florida, electric oven/stoves are a dime a dozen. Just do not get caught using the wife's kitchen oven, you might not survive the incident!

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    No,me amigo! My wife being Puerto Rican,I could end up being the new soprano in the church choir!!! Thats why I built a shop to play in!

Greg : I still have the rest of that can of Rustoleum Hammertone Skyblue that I used on the Lachmiller hull sizer. It looks like and exact duplicate of the Bair color in the first pics.

I'll send it to you if you want?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Hi Randy,
    That is one hell of a job you did on that Lachmiller! I saved the pic for wallpaper!

Banned
    Attachment 75905
    Attachment 75906

Bottom picture is the little brother of Seagiant's new toy. It is simpler and lighter having an aluminum frame. Pacific made this press, Bair did not. It works on the upstroke only.

Top is the Bair in the Archive collection. I would guess that it is older than the one Seagiant has.

Ken

Boolit Master
    Hi Pressman,
    Why do you think it's older? Just trying to learn!

Boolit Master
    I remember the local Gibson's having the Bair Kodiak press when I bought my Rock Chucker.
    That was a long time ago. I sometimes wish I had bought the Bair. Unfortunately the Bair press cost will get you within about $100 of a RCBS A2 or a Big Max these days.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Howdy Seagiant, Congrats on your new acquisition! Looks like it came with primer tubes afterall.

That press has been on my list too for some time. But, other presses seem to push themselves to the head of the line!

Enjoy
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Hi Lube,
    Hope you are doing well! No,those primer tubes are mine I did not get any with the press, something I'll have to work on. It's so hot here (Fla.) that it's hard to get in the shop and work! I've been wanting one of these for years and decided I better get one before the price got to hard to reach!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast