RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bair Kodiak 150 or Pacific prO Deluxe Press! Anybody Use One???

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you very much for the background. I knew some of it but I appreciate your taking the time to say it here.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Thanks Pressman, I was hoping for more detail to the story, but probably hard to find at this point and time.

I've tried to find a pic of Mr. Deitmeyer but to no avail.

As he was a Champion Shotgun Shooter seems strange but nothing I
    I've found on the Internet!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

I like the old Bair/Pacific presses, I've got 5 units, 3 are for shotgun. I am trying to get an old Bair Kodiak 150 up and running. When I got it, it was missing a few parts but not a problem as I did some swagging on it and didn't need them but now I want to actually reload on it. I need the plastic primer catcher, primer tube detent unit and the lg primer seating punch and cup unit. Anybody got any thing they want to get rid of? And yes that is Elvira.

Here's the finished mount for my big Bair press. I can remove this and mount my Pacific 12 or 20 ga presses. I've got my swage die on it here where I'm making heel base bullets for a pair of 1892 Colt DA s.

It’s been moved to another place on my bench so my Pacific 12 ga can be set up on the corner. The Kodiak is used only for 30-40 Krag and 30-06 loading.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 03-29-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Boolit Mold
    I have two kodiak 150's. I was sizing case today and one of the arm bolt head broke off, anyone know where parts can be obtained

Banned
    That should be a common bolt. Take the old one out and try your local Hardware store.

Finding an exact match will require cannibalizing another press. These presses are over 50 years old.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    That should be a common bolt. Take the old one out and try your local Hardware store.

Finding an exact match will require cannibalizing another press. These presses are over 50 years old.
    Look for grade 8 bolts. Grade 5 would probably be good enough but I am not familiar with this press so can't say for sure. If a very common size, they should be quite cheap at Tractor Supply, a good hardware or auto parts store.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Buddy
    I was really glad to see this information on the Bear press. I found one at a gun show several years ago when my foot hit something under a table. There was a Bear press in like new condition, with all the fittings, primer cup, and all primer parts, all in a small military duffel bag. The best part was the price, $50 with the bag! I have given it a new home ever since, and love it! Sold a couple of the presses on the bench for a bit more than I had payed for them, and didn't look back. I also found that I had some spares in my parts for the primer punches that I had picked up somewhere else in the years past. So am good to go for the rest of my life. Sometimes luck seems to just smile on you! Best regards, the toolman.

Banned

There's a nice one of these on Ebay right now. It's up to $155 with like five days until end of auction. I've been spending too much gun money lately or I'd get in on the fray.

Got too many presses now that I need to get mounted up.

Banned

I picked up one of these at a gun show this morning along with a big, heavy Redding press of some type. Both need some cleaning up but move and are functional. This Bair is intriguing, I think I will have fun with it.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a Bair Grizzley? like one pictured earlier that I use, and a Bair Brown Bair that is a three station press. I use them both, in fact the Brown Bair is my most used press.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234