MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Bass Pro Shop

Bass Pro Shop

Last year I stashed some income tax money back to hold until hunting season. My wife went up near where the Bass Pro Shop is located. I went along for an ulterior motive. I had read the descriptions and looked through the catalogs so long I finally got along with the program.

I went in and upstairs to the men's clothing and guess what I saw on sale...???!!! They had the winter "extreme cold weather suites" on sale The jacket and the pants unzip and come apart into three different parts. I wanted something with "Gore-Tex" on the outer layer so I could wear it in wet weather. I FOUND IT! Their store brand was identical to the Browning name brand. Even the tags were the same. Except the tags with the names was different. And it was normally $55 cheaper than the name brand. That day they were marked $75 lower than the Browning sets. I brought them home. I haven't worn them except to try them here around the house. But when hunting season rolls around I'll be ready for it.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

Victor, I've been buying most of my outdoor clothing at BP for years. I'm kind of hard to fit. I found their Red Head clothing, especially the shirts, are well made & hold up to use & abuse for years. They stand behind their products also. I had a fishing reel (BP) that died on me after a year & a half. I took it back & told the guy at the reel counter what happened & that I did not have a receipt any longer. He said "No problem". He took the old reel & gave me a brand new one off the shelf.

Costco did the same thing for me just a while ago. I bought a Magellan GPS (big mistake) and they took it back despite nothing being wrong with it except probably user error.

Update on the clothes from BP. I think I LIKE them.

Victor
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

Boolit Bub
    Bass Pro and Cabellas sometimes have a 'closeout' sale. These items are often in a separate, smaller room. Great prices but may not have the warranty of which you refer.
    Sometimes the are truly the last of the offering from a particular supplier.

I don't buy much off the everyday price racks, but if you catch a sale, you can do very well at BP or Cabellas.
    I have a pair of Nikon binoculars I got at Cabelas in St. Louis for $50 on Black Friday one year. Fantastic for the price.

Their store brand clothes hold up well in my experience. You should get several seasons out of those.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Beware the big heavy coveralls that only have one zipper in the front.
    A buddy was on a hunting trip with a guy that had one of those.

After several meals without the wife's supervision and dietary restraints...…….
    The fella went out side to 'grab a branch', unzipped, pulled the coveralls out in front of him, and so on & so on.

After getting all zipped back up,
    he soon realized he hadn't pulled the coveralls 'out in front' of his boots quite far enough.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.