WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Finish this sentence! I remember a time when.............

Boolit Master
    Cars with 6 volt electrical systems.

And, a positive ground.

Boolit Buddy
    I too remember the party line telephones.

and when all four of the tv stations would play the National Anthem, show pictures of the Statue of Liberty and Old Glory, then sign off for the night.

I remember when you left the keys in the ignition of your car in case someone needed to move it.

I remember gun racks in the back windows of pick up trucks with gun in them. And knowing that the door was unlocked and the keys were inside either in the ignition, visor, or ash tray. An no one touched the truck or guns.

I remember many of the above described trucks in the parking lot of the high school, and no one shot up anything or anyone in the school.

Moderator Emeritus

I remember when they removed prayer and God from public schools, and evil moved in.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

I remember when using a paper match book to set the point gap on a 62 vw bug would get it to start and run ok.

I remember when kids could trick or treat, by themselves, after dark and come home and eat the candy without it being run through a metal detector.

I remember when my remember worked a lot better than it does now days.

BB

Boolit Master

.. most of the pickups and cars in the parking lot of our country high school had a shotgun or rifle in them. When we all went dove hunting after school in the fall.
    When you were considered odd if you DIDN'T have a gunrack with a gun in your truck.
    The local dry goods stores would sell .22 ammo by the brick, by the box, or individually if that's all you could afford.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

+1 biker beans.....oh man.... i forgot about using the matchbook cover to set points.... and you had togo to the "Foreign Auto " parts store!

Boolit Master

When things used to be the way they should have stayed!!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Buddy

.......when I swore that if cigarettes ever got up to $10.00 a carton, I was quitting smoking.

........waiting for the milkman to arrive to make his deliveries in the summer, and him chipping off a piece of ice for us kids, from the blocks he used to keep the milk cool . (before refrigerated trucks)

...Big Chief writing paper
    ...playing red rover
    ...walking the mile to and from school (and home for lunch)
    ...when the TV remote control was me
    ...when life wasn't so hard and I didn't worry so much
    what lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to while lies within us - emerson

Motorcycles were dangerous and sex was safe.
    If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Remember when the popcorn plant here in town had loads of popped popcorn. This was done to test what percentage of kernels popped, & they gave it away to the kids in town. Never thought about it till I got older, but it was handed out in popcorn boxes and was salted and buttered.

Did salting and buttering help the % of kernels popped?
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

when we used to sell raffle tickets for rifles and shotguns to raise money for my old school.
    Sully

Boolit Grand Master

Ethyl was .28 a gallon, beer was under 4.00 a case and a roll of chew was 2.25
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

When credit cards didn't have magnetic strips, and the raised numbers were there so it would make an impression on the paper in the machine every gas station and "big" store had. I remember in 1964 in St. Paul in the winter a gas station attendant put mine in the machine and it broke into many pieces ( it was 24 degrees below zero).
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Boolit Master
    Going to the indoor movies to see the next episode of a "serial", and find out if anyone saved "Sweet Sue".
    My first regular part-time job in a grocery store, making $1.25 per hour. Two days work filled the gas tank, still had lunch and entertainment money for the week.
    My first car, with a key switch and a separate starter button both on the dash (1949 Ford flathead V-8).

Banned

ya bruce after 6 years of it I dont even get much sympathy from the wife. Probably my own fault though as i never was a complainer. I just buck up and grit my teeth and git er done! I wonder what it would feel like to jump back 20 years and live without pain and even be able to read a magazine without looking for a pair of glasses! sure food, gas and about everything was cheaper but we also made less money. I can still aford to put gas in my tank but the pains there forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Amen to that, Lloyd; AMEN. At least, it's some sort of comfort to know we aren't alone. Hang in there, amigo, and I'll try to do the same.

Marlin Brando in the Wild One inspired all of us teen hoods to dress like him...think I like the look better than "hoodies" and pants around the knees...Living in snow country we rubbed water proofing into the engineer boots that had "bear grease" in it and when you took off the boots your socks were sort of a brownish black and stunk to high heaven...This was way before Fonzie...think this was late 1953 as I recall...here's a cut and paste of a clip from the movie...when Brando walks into the cafe check the boots, the jean cuffs and the hat..then look at the picture linked below...talk about "up on the times"
    http://youtu.be/yCENBce_dls
    Last edited by opos; 07-03-2013 at 08:47 PM.

you could carry a jack knife in high school without being suspended and one night a week Mcdonalds hamburgers were 29 cents and cheese burgers were 39 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    ..then look at the picture linked below...talk about "up on the times"
    What's the story on the motorcycle?
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    gas was .29gal
    .17.9cents at the Deep Rock Station.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast