Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Finish this sentence! I remember a time when.............

Boolit Grand Master
    I managed a Hess station Syracuse, NY. Regular was $.21 and Premium was $.24. Drove to Camden NJ and paid $.19 a gallon. At 13 yrs, I collected bottles off the road at $.02 apiece, and walked to the hardware store every Saturday to buy a box of .22's. -- .... and so much more.

Moderator Emeritus

...my Dad would take me to the lodge on tuesdays (for lunch).
    the special was:
    "Beef on a bun with Beer for a Buck"
    of course my beer was the "root" variety.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    ...the NSA didn't know where I was because I didn't have a cell phone.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Nash Rambler and Metropolitan.
    Three on the tree.
    Cars with 6 volt electrical systems.
    Kukla, Fran and Ollie.
    Howdy Doody and Princess Summer Fall Winter Spring (sigh).
    Test patterns.
    The One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater.

Any of you young whipper snappers don't understand the references Google is your friend.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master
    ...... you could leave home in the morning with your fishing pole, and your parents knew nobody would bother you at the park or the lake.

...... everybody could leave home for the day and nobody had to lock their doors.

...... you could spend the day riding the local roads on your bike picking up soda and beer bottles, and nobody worried about helmets or getting run over.

...... it was OK to smile and say hello to people you passed on the sidewalk.

...... your dad could take you, your brother, and your .22 rifles out into the woods, and you could say "pick us up right here in four days"

Boolit Master

Ah, the memories. Brings a tear to my eye. . .of sadness, for the current generation; they have missed so much, and don't know it.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master

When American cars weren't built by foreigners and foreign cars weren't built by Americans and everything was Made in America and the rest of the world wanted Made in America.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy

EJ Potter

Quote Originally Posted by starnbar View Post
    Watching EJ Potter make a run on his 327 bike back when I worked for Chrysler at the old dodge main plant
    EJ Potter lived about 4 miles south of the town of Ithaca Michigan where I grew up. My brother used to travel the country with EJ and in fact had his picture in Hot Rod magazine with EJ and his bike.

Boolit Buddy
    Mom would send me to the corner Mom and Pop store to charge 2 slices of lunch meat for Dad's lunch.

Boolit Master

When we used to manufacture in this country
    Every boy carried a buck knife on his belt to school
    Folks in the convenience stores spoke English
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    " the time" when the house was never locked. My bike was safe out front. I could walk about with a caliber .22 Remington 514 and no one thought anything about it. Children played harmless (sort of) games outside till dark. Walked the mile to school eating whatever was growing on the fruit trees in the fall.
    In school the Bible was read, we said the pledge of allegiance daily at 8 am, and the furnace room had a special spot where offenders met the board of education.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    Once we finally GOT a telephone, we had to listen to the receiver first to make sure the neighbor wasn't using it (party line) before we could make a call. We then would give the name or number to the operator to complete the call.

Boolit Grand Master

Got my first rifle at 9 years old (still have it, a Remington rolling block 22 single shot), walked across the street to hunt rabbits. Felt rich when I could afford a whole 50 round box of 22's at the hardware store.

I also remember when the Constitution actually had meaning.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Banned

when i wasnt in pain all the time.

Boolit Buddy
    When we payed under a dollar for gas.

Boolit Buddy

I remember a time when ........ people actually knew their neighbors. Not just their names, but who they were, what they liked or needed and whether you could count on them or not.
    ......... neighbors didn't ask if you needed help, they just helped.
    ......... people talked to each other rather than texting, IMing or e-mailing.
    ......... women and kids were special and men took care to protect them.
    ......... cursing was a sign of weakness in both morality and mentality.
    ......... right was right and wrong was wrong, and most people wanted to do the what was right.
    ......... most laws were to protect the public rather than to control the public. If you broke the law you were punished, not rehabilitated.
    ......... having to receive unearned money from the government was a shame rather than a way of life, and there was a big distinction between earned and unearned money. Working for a living and providing for your family was a point of pride.
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

Boolit Grand Master

...a 10 year old boy could ride through town with a rifle over the handlebars of his bike and no one noticed except to wave hello.

Boolit Master
    Schoolwork was handed in, hand written on ruled paper with a no. 2 pencil.

There were no personal computers

There were no "smart phones"

There were no "Pads or Tablets" etc.

"Blue Teeth" were the result of chewing that little tablet your dentist gave to you to see how well you brushed

There were no "Ap's" (we actually got by with cognitive reasoning and forethought)
    Bob

On Heaven's Range

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    when i wasn't in pain all the time.
    Amen to that, Lloyd; AMEN. At least, it's some sort of comfort to know we aren't alone. Hang in there, amigo, and I'll try to do the same.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by pipehand View Post
    ...the NSA didn't know where I was because I didn't have a cell phone.
    HECK, that's Today in my life !

of course I'm sure they're watching this thread
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast