Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Price of ammo

Boolit Buddy

Price of ammo

What do you all think of this price on 525 rounds of 22 LR Winchester 36 Gr PHP 525 Rnds M-ID: 22LR525HP UPC: 020892102651
    22 LR Winchester 36 Gr PHP 525 Rnds M-ID: 22LR525HP UPC: 020892102651

36 Grain Plated Hollow Point Ammunition comes in a box of 525 cartridges 22 LR Winchester Ammo Caliber: 22 LR Grains: 36 Gr Rounds: 525 Rnds Type :...
    $94.95

Buy Now
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

Boolit Master

I think NOT !

Banned

I won't be buying now, or ever, at that price.

Boolit Master
    Me neater! the little reloading shop in the next town had a brick of something as I don't shoot 22 but it was $23.75 and if they didn't know you they didn't tell. They even had WLP WLR CCI SP and CCI SR primes for $33 a 1000
    Wonder who I will buy from when all this is over?
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

I never bought one of the 300+ or 500+ boxes of 22 ammo. My son did, and I'm thinking a year or so back he paid about 20 bux or less. This is simply theft. Hope nobody needs it that bad... Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Perma-Banned

I just paid $20.00 for a box of 325. My local shop is holding the prices not ripping people off.

Quote Originally Posted by double8 View Post
    What do you all think of this price on 525 rounds of 22 LR Winchester 36 Gr PHP 525 Rnds M-ID: 22LR525HP UPC: 020892102651
    22 LR Winchester 36 Gr PHP 525 Rnds M-ID: 22LR525HP UPC: 020892102651

36 Grain Plated Hollow Point Ammunition comes in a box of 525 cartridges 22 LR Winchester Ammo Caliber: 22 LR Grains: 36 Gr Rounds: 525 Rnds Type :...
    $94.95

Buy Now
    Where was this? Looks like Cheaper Then Dirt prices to me.

My father-in-law has a gunshop that is close to him that has always been high priced on everything he has-it is a wonder he ever sells anything. Anyway he was talking with a customer at his business and they said they tried to buy a 1lb jug of Unique at said gunshop, and was told $50. The LGS near me got some primers in recently, and their pricing sheet they had above the primers had them for $32.99 and $34.99 depending on what they were, but with their shipment they had a sign "500ct limit." I asked the owner if he'd sell me a whole box, he looked at the sign and what was on the shelf--told me the prices were wrong but he'd sell me a whole brick. So I ask what the new price was....$42.99 per brick. So I thanked him for his time and kindly put the brick back on the shelf.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    Where was this? Looks like Cheaper Then Dirt prices to me.
    Actually it is one of the advertisers on this forum........Alamo Ammo.
    I paid $16.95 at a LGS for the same box two weeks before OhBammy was elected King.
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

Boolit Master

Some are working on a new profit margin like 1000% when things settle down most will just go away.
    I have seen ammo at prices that boogle the brain. like cci 22lr quiets for $20 for a box of 50 or a brick for well over $125 doesn't make sense to me

'06 price should be around $1.00 or less
    22lr should be around $3-up depending on what you use. I like cci and pay around $7 a hundred for what I get and am happy. Yes I have seen them much higher but you know if we stop buying at the sky high prices for long enough they will come down, how much I don't really know as there is a much larger market than there used to be just look at all those new firearms sold since 2008 someone must be feeding them.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

My shop is holding the price too. The problem is he just isn't getting much. I called him today and he said it's been three weeks since he got any in but did promise to hold some on next delivery for me.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

I have enough 22LR to last me as long as I will be shooting but I collected it over the years not just hording since the panic began but I still feel the pain. I have hopes that if everything stays quiet enough for long enough it will settle down and maybe even turn into an ammo glut for the popular stuff, we will just have to wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by double8 View Post
    Actually it is one of the advertisers on this forum........Alamo Ammo.
    I paid $16.95 at a LGS for the same box two weeks before OhBammy was elected King.
    Unreal,I'll never buy from them. Wal-mart had the 325 packs a few weeks ago I think they were around 13.00.

still buying Winchester 555 packs at WalMart for $22 Canadian

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

I have a few bricks I bought in honor of Obammy getting elected the first time. I paid $8 brick(550) for Federal and $9 for Win and Rem.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    I have a few bricks I bought in honor of Obammy getting elected the first time. I paid $8 brick(550) for Federal and $9 for Win and Rem.
    Yeah, I've got a few of those myself. But when they are gone, that price will be just a distant memory!

Around here the new normal is somewhere between $2 - $2.30 for a box of 50. I don't know what the price will be when/if things settle down, but I doubt that we will ever see those prices again. It's like $1/gal. gas. Everyone has gotten used to paying the higher price for gas, so the price will never come down. Same with ammo. The price will remain high even when supplies return to normal.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master
    Hi...

My son and I just took a little trip to a couple of the LGS.
    I was looking to stock up on a couple of Hornady HP/XTP bullets that are being "temporarily" discontinued. I did find a 100ct box of .410 210gr bullets for $23.99, so that made the excursion worthwhile.

I wandered over to the rimfire shelf and lo and behold, there they were... dozens of 50ct boxes of Federal and American Eagle .22LR 40gr solids priced at $2.99 each with a 4 box limit per person per day.
    Now, I do have a fair supply of various weights, styles and manufacturers of .22LR, but I wasn't about to pass up this opportunity.
    My son and I both bought 4 boxes each.

There were a few other types of target grade and shotshells available, but I don't really shoot that stuff very often.

I don't know when (if ever) I will see .22LR at that price point again. That was the first reasonably priced .22 ammunition I have seen in months and there may have been 60 boxes or more on the shelf.

Banned

now's the time to buy a 22lr RIFLE on the cheap, because ammo is so scarce no one wants to buy one!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    now's the time to buy a 22lr RIFLE on the cheap, because ammo is so scarce no one wants to buy one!
    $249 for a bottom line 10-22 is cheap??? That's what is advertised here. Bought one before OhBammy 2012 for $189