RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok Enough Already - Rain that is!

Ok Enough Already - Rain that is!

I just dumped my rain gauge after supper (6:30pm). I just dumped two inches out of it again and it's still raining. That makes 15" since last Sunday at 3pm. Parts of Herkimer are flooded again. The neighbors house at the end of my road has been flooded out three times since last Sunday. Here we go again another gully washer hitting us. Going to be a long night.

Boolit Master
    Rained everyday here last week. This week looks like a repeat. Going to break out the squirt gun if I'm going to do any shooting.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

In Remembrance
    I almost wish I could write about those types of issues where I live. All we seem to get a lot of this time of year is Virga and we've had 3 days of it and maybe it'll be 4 after today..
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Unless one is in agriculture or lives in a flood plain,

There is no such thing as too much rain.
    My 2˘
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Buddy
    It has been a month since I have seen a drop. Before that I recieved about 3/4" one day. So a few hours of rain in 6 weeks.

I would gladly suffer too much rain.

Boolit Buddy
    I hear you brother,
    I don't even want to remember when we had nice, dry weather last time. The stickiness of the air is one thing but it also attracts my worst enemy = bugs!
    I just miss those dark, cold winter days...

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    In the past 30 days we got over 10" and storms are forecast for the next 7days. I would like a break too.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

I'm with you!! I live in MASS its no better here! I went to Lake Placid with my Girlfriend over last weekend and we spent a lot of time indoors!! Good and bad!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by altheating View Post
    I just dumped my rain gauge after supper (6:30pm). I just dumped two inches out of it again and it's still raining. That makes 15" since last Sunday at 3pm. Parts of Herkimer are flooded again. The neighbors house at the end of my road has been flooded out three times since last Sunday. Here we go again another gully washer hitting us. Going to be a long night.
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't think we have had a tenth of an inch of rain in the last two months!! Durn near 100 today

In Remembrance
    Well, you could be fighting fire. It seems like this country always has areas of one extreme in some areas and completely opposite in others.

Boolit Master

I cant stand the rain! Newburgh area of NY, rain again today.... can't finish my furniture restoration as the air makes the wood gummy.

16" and counting

Here in coastal NH we have had a steady week of rain, with another week of rain forecasted. The garden loves it (especially the slugs), it recharges the ground water, but some streams have flooded. We must have had at least 8" of rain so far.
    I have cleaned the reloading area, and will start cleaning the barn shortly. Good excuse to stay indoors. The lawn will need to be hayed, not cut if this keeps up.

Boolit Master
    I do remember 2005 when we didn't get any rain from April to September, so I try not to complain. The rain here has been extraordinarily constant through the spring, and now into the summer. I have very sandy soil, so it can stand steady rain, but the half hour to hour long downpours do a lot of damage. It's raining now, and if the sun burns it off latter it will be a sauna. Again.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    I almost wish I could write about those types of issues where I live. All we seem to get a lot of this time of year is Virga and we've had 3 days of it and maybe it'll be 4 after today..
    What is "Virga" ????
    R.D.M.

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    What is "Virga" ????
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virga

Boolit Master

I just dumped my rain gauge in the backyard. Over 1/32" of dust! Havent seen rain here for about a month, but the forecasters are saying that it may rain most of the July 4th weekend! I don't care, as I can cover my smoker and we can eat inside! If we do get rain this weekend, we probably wont see any more until opening weekend of dove season. (Sept. 1st) It's almost guaranteed to rain then!

If you guys on the E. coast have too much, send some down here! I'll even pay postage!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

The rain has been driving me crazy the last two weeks it's either raining or getting ready to rain. FB

Boolit Master

Saw some guy herding animals today......long robe and beard...
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

17.5" Yup, raining again.... nope, still! Yea the guy with the ark was standing at the end of by road this afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast