MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: The benefits of becoming a Senior Citizen

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

The benefits of becoming a Senior Citizen

I had to get the wife and myself regular fishing license and a saltwater fishing license the other day and I decided to go for the works while I was at it, Hunting, Big Game, Primitive Arms, Archery, Fishing, Salt water Fishing and was pleasantly surprised. BTW, this is for Louisiana.
    At age 60, which the wife and I both just turned earlier this year, all I owed was $5 for each of us for the works. Now the wife has deer tags and a turkey stamp which she will never use. I/we get the WMA Permit free too.

From the La. Web site.
    http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/hunting-licenses
    Senior Hunt/Fish License 5$5.00
    5 Senior Hunt/Fish License: Any resident who reached age 60 on June 1, 2000 or later must obtain a Senior Hunt/Fish License to hunt or fish. This license is in lieu of Basic and Saltwater Fishing, Basic Hunting, Big Game, Bow, Primitive Firearms, LA Duck License, Turkey Stamp and WMA Hunting Permit. It does not include special gear such as trawls, crab traps, crawfish traps, hoop nets, etc.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    Finally something to look forward to for a change.

Boolit Master
    Have to wait until 65 in Pa. for the senior lifetime license. $51.70 and it's good until you can't manage to go anymore or die, whichever is first. Four years to go until I can get mine.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Yep, I love it! All it costs me is $5 + a federal duck stamp.

Boolit Master

Good on you. All of you. Here in NY, I will have to wait til I'm 70 to qualify for Sr. discounts, but a lifetime Sportsman tag drops from $765 to $65. While checking, I learned that active Reservists and National Guard members qualify for free tags. If they had that program when I was active I never learned about it. Drat.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

This is the only thing that is good about becoming an old fart!!!

Here in Alaska, residents that are 60 and above get a free , lifetime hunting, fishing, trapping license.

Bob

Boolit Bub
    I think it's 70 here in Warshington, and the "discounts" are very few indeed. It stinks IMNSHO.

Boolit Master

Same here in Kentucky. It's nice for $5. We call 'em "geezer permits"./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Thanks for posting Seniors in Maryland get a break $5 each for hunting and fishing but they did away with the lifetime license for seniors.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

In the not so great state of CA, lifetime Sr. Hunting or Fishing $504.50/ea. and only low income Sr. (Less than $1444.00/mo income as a couple) get a $6.95 hunting or fishing license. It sure pays to be poor in this :;($?!/- state!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Here in Missouri when you turn 65 all you need is your Misouri drivers License for fishing and and small game hunting. You still have to buy deer tags but I get landowners tags for deer and turkey for free, so it doesn't bother me The State gives a bunch of breaks to active duty military too.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Boolit Master

$945.00 for a lifetime sportsman's license here in Tennessee at my age,prices won't change again until I'm too old too worry about it.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

In Remembrance

Here in Texas I get my hunting and fishing license for $7 ea. instead of the normal $35. I will have to see what the combination license will cost this year. I hadn't been fishing in years in state when I bought my hunting license last August and had to by a fishing license when I got an opportunity to go in the fall.

Boolit Master

Oregon gives a free Pioneer and disabled vet Hunting and fishing combo.
    You have to be 65 and a 50 year resident of Oregon
    Anyone over 70 and a 5 yr. resident gets them for half price.
    We pay regular price for tags except elk tags are 1/2 price.....dale

Boolit Grand Master

You can get a Park Service Golden Age Passport for $10 you get free access to
    all National Parks for life. Starts at age 62.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Don't forget to look at agreements with adjoining states also, i.e. Tx. Ok.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Don't forget to look at agreements with adjoining states also, i.e. Tx. Ok.
    I'm still Trying to figure that one out.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

At age 65 it's 30.00 in North Carolina for lifetime hunting with all big game tags and fishing - both inland and coastal