Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Mould ID

Boolit Master

Mould ID

Yo;
    I have this 2-banger mold I won on eBay that has no ID. The only markings are A-429 and 750. It throws a .430 PBRN boolit, and is fairly well-behaved, but I don't need it and want to sell it on eBay. But I would like to know who made it. Center-hinged sprue plate, similar to some old SAECO's I've seen, and the vent lines are positioned 90* apart, fore & aft on one block, up and down on the other. I could put up a picture, but the mould is fairly dis-assembled.
    Any ideas?
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know,but I think it's time someone gather up all the information on molds to make a book.Just a list of gone by to today's manufacturers with pictures. Lot's of great history slipping away.
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

Boolit Master
    Dunno for sure without a picture, but it sounds like a Modern Bond mold, either 215 or 240 grain for the 44 special according to an old catalog.

A pic would say for sure. Why not try to sell it here? Does it have handles with it?
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Master

Modern Bond makes sense. Handles came with it, and that's most of the reason I bought it. I like those Modern Bond handles. Some surface rust that was handled nicely by Evap-O-Rust, and carding on the wire wheel took care of most of the residue (Not in the cavities!). I was buffing the rust off one of the handle mounting bolts, and thinking 'Man, this is an accident waiting to happen!', when SPROING! And the bolt hit the floor - somewhere - I think... Maybe I'll find it this weekend...
    I figured on putting the mould on eBay, but if anyone here is interested, I'm flexible.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    It does sound like a modern bond mold. I've got a number of their molds, and the physical description and numbering scheme are consistent with yours.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Bub
    Modern Bond. Their numbering protocol, as I understand it, is caliber+bullet length. So your 429-750 is a .44 bullet that is 3/4" long. Since some bullets share similar lengths they also throw a letter in there as well. Your bullet should look like one of these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bond44.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	74919

Boolit Grand Master

How much do you want for the mold?

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    "I figured on putting the mould on eBay, but if anyone here is interested, I'm flexible"...now that is funny! Why would anyone HERE be interested in a boolit mold???? Nice work on IDing the mold for our member fellas!
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.