Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: 16 gauge buckshot loads

Boolit Master

16 gauge buckshot loads

Howdy,I have been trying out some no.1 buckshot loads for my brother to shoot in our Grandfather's Rem shotgun.
    So far the powders I have tried have been HS-7,Green dot,Blue dot and Herco.
    The home cast shot weigh just a tenth or so over an ounce and I have been cutting down some Rem wads with some card wads used for a good crimp.The loads with HS-7 and Herco have patterned better at 40 yards than the others.
    Does anyone have any ideas for other loads?
    Thanks

Boolit Master
    I'm kinda working on the same type thing myself !

I have a nice old Parker GH grade damascus barreled 16 gauge with 2 1/2" chambers .

I already have 2 1/2" RST hulls and 5 pounds of 1 Buck . Hopefully this coming winter I'll get this one figured out as well as a nice 7/8 ounce load for bird shot !

Pretty much did the same thing last year for my grandfathers old W.C.Scott 10 gauge damascus 2 7/8" gun and went so far as to kill some dove with the old gun loaded with #8 shot and later a fat doe with 00 Buck !

After I get done with the little Parker it's mu intention to move on to a W.C.Scott 12 gauge damascus 2 1/2" I have that matches my 10 gauge and then after the same thing for a little W.C.Scott damascus barreled 20 gauge 2 1/2" . To get all four of these up and going it may take a couple years as there's no reason to get in a great hurry !

Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines