Ol' Painless at the Box O' Truth puts one through some preliminary testing:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu160.htm

Mark
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Boolit Grand Master
    I would prefer to see them shot over a "normal" chronograph too for comparison. With that type of device the rounds could easily have been shot over both at the same time.

Love Life
    ^^Yep.

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    I would prefer to see them shot over a "normal" chronograph too for comparison. With that type of device the rounds could easily have been shot over both at the same time.
    here is one http://www.realguns.com/articles/391.htm
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

I really like my Magnetospeed!!

I will probably never use my PACT again!!

If anyone is thinking of getting one, I highly recommend a couple of simple mods, if you are using it for hard kicking handguns!! Your first use will be a lot more enjoyable!!
    I listed the mods on the thread "recommend a chronograph"

Bob

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    I did exactly that with mine when I first got it. I shot over my Chrony Beta Master with the MagnetoSpeed attached. The results were, as expected, the Chrony read slightly but consistently less. This was consistent with the MagnetoSpeed reading at the muzzle and the Chrony measuring at 10 yards. The measurements from each chronograph were the same on each shot except for the distance compensation. I don't use my Chrony any more because of the ease and quickness of set-up with the Magnetospeed.
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

I tried googling a way to get this to setup for a autoloading pistol.. but seems nothing so far..

I'd switch today from my pro chrono if this worked for my pistols somehow.

Boolit Master
    What's that bayonet made of. Hard to believe it ain't takin a whoopin right there getting full blast of things.

I've got to have a new chronograph and this might just be it !

Quote Originally Posted by armedmoose View Post
    I tried googling a way to get this to setup for a autoloading pistol.. but seems nothing so far..

I'd switch today from my pro chrono if this worked for my pistols somehow.
    I have seen a discussion somewhere??? about the possibility of fabricating a mount for the bayonet that will attach to the rail on an

autoloader. Although not all pistols have a rail.

Bob

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BRobertson View Post
    I have seen a discussion somewhere??? about the possibility of fabricating a mount for the bayonet that will attach to the rail on an

autoloader. Although not all pistols have a rail.

Bob

Ha! I was thinking the same thing! I could chronograph my Glock then!

Quote Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
    What's that bayonet made of. Hard to believe it ain't takin a whoopin right there getting full blast of things.

I've got to have a new chronograph and this might just be it !

Seems to be some sort of nylon/polymer???

I don't think we need to worry about the toughness, or longevity of the bayonet!! I have subjected mine to lots of full bore .454 loads,

(Freedom loads, not scaled down Taurus or Ruger loads).

Boolit Master
    Well BRobertson,
    If those loads didn't launch that thing into the next county nothing will. Lol
    Proof enough for me.

Boolit Master

Has anyone lit off some black powder loads over one of these things yet? I would be interested (need a new chronograph after I shot my chrony, twice), but only if it can handle loads in the 45/90 area with black powder, as well as that trendy smokeless stuff.

I don't think black powder would be a problem, although I have not tried it. The sensors are completely sealed, so muzzle blast does not
    affect it.

Bob

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, muzzle blast may not, but what about the ejecta from the BP? That speed would register I would think.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Only the metal bullet will break the field, hence the "magnetospeed" name

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Yes, muzzle blast may not, but what about the ejecta from the BP? That speed would register I would think.
    I was wondering along those lines, and how well will the unit put up with being slapped around by wads, lube cookies, etc. If it will only "see" metal (lead, copper, depleted uranium, whatever I have coming out the barrel), then it will only give the boolit’s speed. That is good. I know that if the Chrony was less than ten feet from the muzzle, then I could get some pretty wild readings. The Chrony having “eyes” was seeing wads, etc, and getting a little confused. I think that the blast also knocked it around. But if these only see the boolit, that is great.
    However, how do they like getting hit with all the stuff that comes out the end? How robust are they? Will the blast and all the good stuff abrade the plastic?

Boolit Buddy

All I can say is that I've had mine over a year now and used it with muzzle loaders, rifles, revolvers and shotguns. I've had no "abrasion" or damage of any kind from wads, sabots or other ejecta. I have had to wipe the lube and soot off of it with a solvent soaked rag to make it pretty again. I was concerned about the solvent (Hoppe's #9), but it didn't hurt it. I did have to set the sensitivity for use with cast boolits, but that was easy and straight forward. Mine looks and operates like new after over a year of hard and frequent use. What more could you ask for?
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensai View Post
    All I can say is that I've had mine over a year now and used it with muzzle loaders, rifles, revolvers and shotguns. I've had no "abrasion" or damage of any kind from wads, sabots or other ejecta. I have had to wipe the lube and soot off of it with a solvent soaked rag to make it pretty again. I was concerned about the solvent (Hoppe's #9), but it didn't hurt it. I did have to set the sensitivity for use with cast boolits, but that was easy and straight forward. Mine looks and operates like new after over a year of hard and frequent use. What more could you ask for?
    Sensai,

That is good to hear!! So far I have only used mine with revolvers, although they have all been relatively hard kicking ones!!

Bob

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=Sensai;2292945]All I can say is that I've had mine over a year now and used it with muzzle loaders, rifles, revolvers and shotguns. I've had no "abrasion" or damage of any kind from wads, sabots or other ejecta. I have had to wipe the lube and soot off of it with a solvent soaked rag to make it pretty again. I was concerned about the solvent (Hoppe's #9), but it didn't hurt it. I did have to set the sensitivity for use with cast boolits, but that was easy and straight forward. Mine looks and operates like new after over a year of hard and frequent use. What more could you ask for?[/QUOTE]

Someone selling them for a decent price in Oz. Thanks for the for the first hand review. I have been needing a new Chronograph, this is starting to look pretty good. I do, however, have one more question for someone who has used one. Does fitting the bayonet to the barrel effect accuracy? With my old Chrony, I would shoot groups while checking the velocity. Can you do that with this thing? or does hanging it on the end of the barrel stuff up the harmonics or whatever? Will a rifle or pistol still shoot accurately with this on the end of the barrel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast