WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 inch Model 36 S&W for my wife

BTW, that's a gorgeous and well-mushroomed HP boolit there, Bill! Picture perfect.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master
    I bought a Mint in Box S&W 60, 3" barrel, Adjustable Sights, 38 SPL, years ago. My girlfriend loves it. I use it sometimes to roll Jackrabbits with. Don't see these guns around at all.

Boolit Master
    I wish I could find a 3" 36 or 60 for my lady friend with preferably fixed sights, actually i'd probably need two because I want one as well!

But, as has been stated before in this thread and several others like it, no reversed HBWC loads in it, I saw a test in G&A a few years back that showed impressive expansion in bare gel, but tumbling and clogging in clothed gel. I would go with a heavy SWC or DEWC that is going to really thump somebody as well as punch into the important parts.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Cast Bullets View Post
    +1 on ^

Dont worry about the HBWC, it was then and is now a simple fad. It looks good but does not work well.
    Outside of handshake distance, they tend to tumble. The 158 grain SWC HP, also referred to as the "FBI load"
    is considered the most effective 38 Special load. My 3" M36 is loaded with them.

Jerry
    Carolina Cast Bullets
    You can take that to the bank.Now in +p it barks pretty good.If its too much I'd use a full wc or swc.I would not feel bad with a swc and 5gr uni. one clean hole.I really like the REM 158+pSWC hp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12