Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Had take a long walk with a little buddy

Boolit Master

Had take a long walk with a little buddy

Jen took in some jersey woollies last fall that needed a good home. They were 4H left overs that were malnourished and under groomed when we got them. Lots of TLC, good food and sturdy shelter to with stand -35F got them through the winter and fattened up a bit. One in particular, Mystic, was my favorite, she'd sit in yer lap and eat hay stalks for hours. Friday morning we found her laying in her cage on her side cold and barely breathing. We brought her in under a warming lamp and attempted to hydrate and feed her. She barely ate anything and today she lost control of her legs. I took her to a hummock out back in the swamp, eased her suffering and buried her underneath a nice pine. This ain't my first rodeo, but I spent 2 hours in a swamp crying over a rabbit nobody wanted. I think this is my straw and camel, I've lost a lot of friends in the last couple years. Just seems like it never let's up.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Master
    My niece has those rabbits, and is quite attached. I can see that you loved yours too. Letting go of our non human friends is hard.

Iron Range? I take it you're a Yooper?
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

I understand when it piles up on you Dan! I went through a couple years of hell a while back. The phone ringing or a car in the driveway spooked me for a while.

You are awful lucky to have Jen! You are also fortunate to have a heart big enough to love a rabbit this much!

I will say a prayer for you.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Banned

Very sorry to hear this. I've never had a rabbit, but they seem to be affectionate and playful for people who do. We really do get attached to our pets, it's always hard to let one go.

Boolit Grand Master
    Dan, I think it's a hell of a big man that will post what you did on an open forum. I'm sorry that task fell to you, but it was a necessary evil.