WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Marlin Model 9 at LGS

Boolit Master

Marlin Model 9 at LGS

Stopped into a LGS today, and the fella behind the counter was just putting a NIB, UNFIRED model 9 on the rack...

I had to grab it and check it out.

Pretty sweet gun, perfect in every way... but one.

I guess the guy having it sold on consignment thinks his cut should be $800. Add profit margin, and you are worlds apart from a good deal.

Oh well, I'll probably never get to handle one in that condition again.

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I had a buddy with a Marlin Camp 9, and have wanted one ever since. The kids always enjoyed shooting it. It was pretty easy to handle.

I think if I saw one under $1000, that was new in box, id have bought it and tried to justify it to myself later.

Course that's want talking, each of us has to weigh and decide these things for ourselves. If you happen to have an older Smith 9mm hanging around though, and a few interchangeable mags that might have helped tip the decision.

Still I bet it was neat to see and handle a new in box one. I wish Marlin still made the Camp 9 and 45. And while I'm wishing, I wish I could find one today for close to what it sold for when it first came out and was readily available. I also wish that Ruger still made those nifty police carbines in 9mm and 40 s&w.

- Bullwolf