Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 91 of 742 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 14834

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    What a great read and what a journey!

Have been lurking here for a while!

Many thanks to Hi Tek, Ausglock, Gunoil, Gateway, Leadman and all the others who have shared their knowledge.

Place my first order with Joe the other day and now looking to the next part of the journey!

Many thanks for this magnificent thread!

Another one from OZ!

SULLA
    ====

PS Leadman, I understand the challenges you face. Stay well!
    But at least your "journey" will be 3-4 months faster than ours! That boat ride from downunder to the states is a loooooooooooooong one!
    Gatewaybullets.com

Boolit Master

Just Lurking around

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    What a great read and what a journey!

Have been lurking here for a while!

Many thanks to Hi Tek, Ausglock, Gunoil, Gateway, Leadman and all the others who have shared their knowledge.

Place my first order with Joe the other day and now looking to the next part of the journey!

Many thanks for this magnificent thread!

Another one from OZ!

SULLA
    ====

PS Leadman, I understand the challenges you face. Stay well!

Thanks for your kind comments.
    I found many that spend a lot of time doing homework, and then share their experiences..
    Great co-operation.
    Thanks all.
    HI-TEK

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gateway Bullets View Post
    But at least your "journey" will be 3-4 months faster than ours! That boat ride from downunder to the states is a loooooooooooooong one!
    We do have to send the boat uphill to you guys,
    and the boat, fully loaded up, it is a battle to get it there. lol lol

What do you mean by "Conductive" I use Lee alox as a coating for conductivity when ES spraying but it stinks when cooked. If H-T release is electrically conductive it wouldn't stink up my oven so much. use an ohm meter in a small puddle, if < 50 ohms, it's conductive. I use 2 cycle oil for my sprue lube but it's not conductive.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    What do you mean by "Conductive" I use Lee alox as a coating for conductivity when ES spraying but it stinks when cooked. If H-T release is electrically conductive it wouldn't stink up my oven so much. use an ohm meter in a small puddle, if < 50 ohms, it's conductive. I use 2 cycle oil for my sprue lube but it's not conductive.
    Popper.
    I am thinking from your description that you are using the Alox as heat sink to measure temperature.
    Is that right?
    The Hi-Tek 500 plus, is a dry film.
    It does not conduct heat, and is very suitable as sprew cutter lube and also as release agent for the molten Lead.
    It is also an extreme dry film lubricant, so it can be used to dry lubricate surfaces to prevent or at least reduce wear.
    After it is dry, it has no odour , and is stable yo a 1000 C in ovens.
    Once the Hi-Tek 500 is applied to surfaces it becomes an extremely slibk surface which will not "stink" and will not transfer nor interfere with casting and coating thereafter.

Banned

well yea ausglock lam a big time instructional film producer now!

Ausglock, u wanta see fast? l'll show u fast, well lil' sample! Stand back a lil' so the blue flame want get ya. I made this for you. Alrite, l'll make ya a real speed one later. Iam bizzy, this is a big time outfit. uh! hehehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOb...%3D4mObPgCI6JY

You can check out all off pushyhog vids on my channel.
    Last edited by gunoil; 11-22-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Boolit Master
    that 1050 sure is a sweet press. Too many $$$ for me. I'll stick with the 550.

I paid a visit to HI-TEK Joe's production facility yesterday.
    The security staff met me at the gate and gave me the once over.
    I must say. I have never seen such an array of equipment in my life. There were machines there That I have never seen.

Everything was in a clean room. White cover-alls with booties and masks. the whole 9 yards. I thought I was walking into a NASA lab.
    The Staff were friendly and came out of their enclosure to say G'day and have a chat.

I managed to leave with a few samples to try.
    Thanks for the $2 tour, Joe.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Sounds like you got a tour of the burbon brewing side of his operation, that's why the "samples" were in litre glass bottles :P
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Sounds like you got a tour of the burbon brewing side of his operation, that's why the "samples" were in litre glass bottles :P
    Despite the security, (who surrounded him), he managed to escape with a new green slime sample that was being developed.
    Goes to show, not enough security...lol lol.

Boolit Master
    The new Green is very nice. Light Green and I'm firing them tomorrow.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gunoil View Post
    well yea ausglock lam a big time instructional film producer now!

Ausglock, u wanta see fast? l'll show u fast, well lil' sample! Stand back a lil' so the blue flame want get ya. I made this for you. Alrite, l'll make ya a real speed one later. Iam bizzy, this is a big time outfit. uh! hehehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOb...%3D4mObPgCI6JY

You can check out all off pushyhog vids on my channel.
    Gunoil, I'm jealous! I may have to break down and buy a 1050 and retire my 550. When i get in trouble from the wife, I'm going to blame it on you!

Hi-Tek, you get that smoker and the recipe down pat for that summer sausage, you can include it in your orders. Buy a stick for $9.99 and get a 5 liter of coating for free!
    Gatewaybullets.com

Banned

yea, gateway just go on and cheat and spend the money. Iam having a blast. I have mrbulletfeeder drop die and the swager upper push rod turned down so it just swages primer pocket, cause i run a mrbullet powder hopper step expander instead of stock bell one that comes with it. The grease they use smells like midland or pecos texas on pump day, wish they would change that.

Boolit Buddy
    yea, gateway just go on and cheat and spend the money. Iam having a blast. I have mrbulletfeeder drop die and the swager upper push rod turned down so it just swages primer pocket, cause i run a mrbullet powder hopper step expander instead of stock bell one that comes with it. The grease they use smells like midland or pecos texas on pump day, wish they would change that.
    Lol I should.... But I gotta keep momma happy! If momma is happy, then my life is easy peasy!!!!
    Gatewaybullets.com

Boolit Master

[/Quote]The grease they use smells like midland or pecos texas on pump day, wish they would change that.[/QUOTE]

Gunoil,
    Have you any information on the grease. name, specification etc etc.
    What is the grease lubricating?
    I may be able to help with getting something that will work, and not be so unpleasant... lol lol.
    May be you can send me a PM on it.

Banned

Hi-Tek: I was trucking to california from 02' til 4 years ago. 10 car parking lot twice a month. Sometimes that deep crud oil smell could knock your socks off. I dont know why dillon uses it, its not as bad as when it came out of box. I've wiped most off and put some other oil on. Man l love that 1050 press, hell, l love my loadmasters too. My cast are better now with your hi-tek 500 and my new RCBS pro-melt furnace. I figured after a year or so i needed new furnace and preventive maintenance too. Sold lee pot on ebay.

Dont know what they use it for.(the oil).

I almost quit casting one time, but kept reading this forum and lil' tid-bits here and their i got it. Good quality equipment is the way to go. period
    Last edited by gunoil; 11-24-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Boolit Master

Hi-Tek: I was trucking to california from 02' til 4 years ago. Sometimes that deep crud oil smell could knock your socks off. I dont know why dillon uses it, its not as bad as when it came out of box. I've wiped most off and put some other oil on. Man l love that 1050 press, hell, l love my loadmasters too. My cast are better now with your hi-tek 500 and my new RCBS pro-melt furnace. I figured after a year or so i needed new furnace and preventive maintenance too. Sold lee pot on ebay.
    Glad that you had found useful materials.
    Happy that all is now well.

This Thread needs more Pictures!!!...

Boolit Bub

4.8 grains Titegroup under a Lee 200 grain RNFP....HT coated 3 times and 5 shots each at 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards. Pistol was a new Springfield loaded parkerized.

Boolit Master
    Nice..
    I got my new Accurate Molds 357-168Z in the mail yesterday.

Cast a 1000 last night. sweet mold to use. the bullets are getting the new light green coating applied tonight.
    Thanks to Tom @ Accurate Molds. Great work and excellent quality.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Nice..
    I got my new Accurate Molds 357-168Z in the mail yesterday.

Cast a 1000 last night. sweet mold to use. the bullets are getting the new light green coating applied tonight.
    Thanks to Tom @ Accurate Molds. Great work and excellent quality.
    Did you order it without a lube grove??

Page 91 of 742 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191591 ... LastLast