Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 7 of 742 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Banned

ok, your on bigfilipe!

m. hughes, i built that dry rack in photo with air staple. About 4 by 2 1/2 feet. I scoop em up with plastic dust pan. I bought sheet of stuco wire (8 feet) at home depot for 8 dollars. I safety wired pieces of it to oven racks.

It will be like disneyworld/land, lots of fun! but it works. KEEP IT THIN SHELIAHS AND BLOKES.
    Last edited by gunoil; 07-05-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Would any of you guys Coating .45acp, 380acp, Want to part with a hand full of "any of those size" coated Bollits?
    And Very Interested in a 7,62 in weight range suitable for our AK-47 ei; 120-160gn
    I really want to know more of this and see how well My gun/s and I like these I really like this

(This could very well replace Lube for our Automatics, and for our Gas Operated guns)

If you could or would like to part with a hand full please PM me and il
    send you some Scratch, Dough, Jack, Cake, Coin, or a chicken,,

Like to have E-nuff to load and shoot for a good test, say 25 or so
    Please let me know

Patrick Campbell
    Lost Creek, Kentucky
    Trust in God and Keep your Powder Dry ~ Oliver Cromwell

It's Said Republicans want to Pour all your Money down the Drain,,
    Where as the Democrats want a Bigger Drain,

Please Give me 24 to 48 Hours to respond to PM, Thank You

My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter!

Anyone have any experience with this coating on 22 cal hornet and or 223 remington boolits? If so are you still gas checking the boolits? When? After the first or second coat.

Boolit Bub
    has anyone tried these coated bullets with the glock polygon barrels and checked for any leading. i know that there is a warning about shooting cast in a glock and i was wondering if this coating might have cured the barrel leading with these factory barrels.

Banned

I can tell you , you can shoot no (from factory glock person) more than 150 cast lead boolits in the polybarrel. Glocks are just one company with poly barrels. As of hi-tek, i would shoot constant HI-TEK in my G-26, but my dad has it in the mtns. Maybe ausglock with tell you the downunder opinion. This is just how i roll. Whats good is "you" will not have lead or copper in your barrel. Slicker than peach pitts thru a goose's......... You may see purple roo's and pink wambats, and water-hydrant may flag you down but you'll be fine. Hi-tek-supercoat is truly fun and cleans up barrels, fingers, reload equipment, and you can breath at the range now, no alox smoke which causes cancer in california.

Boolit Master
    G'day All.
    I have been at a 2 day IPSC match. Every one of the 90 shooters were using coated lead pills. Open Major, STd Major Minor 9mm and 38 Super. The whole lot. Each shooter fired over 300 rounds. glocks, STI, Kimber, Para, S&W M&P, SVI, CZ SP-01. you name it we were shooting it.

No body had any issues with leading. My Kimber 38 Super fired over 300 and is shiny clean. My mate also fired over 300 through a Glock 17A factory gun. his is as clean as mine.

I have a Glock 35 in 40S&W. it fires coated lead 175gr FP pills all day with no leading (now that I have binned the Lee FC die).

Remember, people. We in OZ have been using coated lead pills for over 20 years. this is nothing new to us. I don't know why there is so much resistence to coated lead in the US....
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

trevor? binned the FCD? you dont use anymore?

It is nice to be able to shoot poly g barrels again.

You live in NW ? trevor

Boolit Master
    Yep. The FCD was squeezing the bullets down to .399 after seating. this is why they were leading really bad and poor accuracy. I replaced the Lee FCD with a dillon taper crimp die and all is now fine. accuracy has returned and zero leading in the factory 40 barrel.
    I could have knocked the carbide ring out of the FCD, but I use this die for the "bulge buster" for processing all my 40 brass that gets turned into 357Sig brass (AKA 40/9).

NW?????
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

yep, i thought,,, i bought dillon 9 and 45 and need a 380dillon crimper. I think if you seat and crimp with lee seat die it shaves lead. I just seat then crimp and i have rcbs expander dies which "do not" bell, the RCBS "steps" brass. HTS is great!

Boolit Bub
    So, are two coats required? Also, how much size will this add to my boolit? Im using Lee's .300 AAC mold to cast.

Banned

you size after you coat. I do 2 coats to pistol rounds.

Boolit Master
    2 coats will add about 0.0002 to the dia of a .452 bullet. Even 3 coats only adds 0.0003.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Yep. The FCD was squeezing the bullets down to .399 after seating. this is why they were leading really bad and poor accuracy. I replaced the Lee FCD with a dillon taper crimp die and all is now fine. accuracy has returned and zero leading in the factory 40 barrel.
    I could have knocked the carbide ring out of the FCD, but I use this die for the "bulge buster" for processing all my 40 brass that gets turned into 357Sig brass (AKA 40/9).

NW?????
    So I have to get another new die huh? I use the Lee FCD for the bulgebuster kit too. Even a light crimp is detrimental to the coated bullets? How is a taper better?

Boolit Grand Master

If you use the Red Copper figure .001" for each coat. I have sized some boolits first, measured them, then coated them and measured them again and this is what I got.
    The Lee FCD is determintial to cast bullets in general. I have never had a problem seating and crimping with the Lee seater die. For about the last ten years the Lee seater dies have been a taper crimp, not a roll crimp.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfelipe View Post
    So I have to get another new die huh? I use the Lee FCD for the bulgebuster kit too. Even a light crimp is detrimental to the coated bullets? How is a taper better?
    The Lee FC die has a carbide sizer ring that the loaded round has to pass through. this ring squeezes the case and bullet down to a smaller size. This is what gave me .399 dia for my bullets.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Man
    Trev

I got my catalyst last month, I wonder if its extreme enough?

Whats you current preferred ratio at the mo?

S

Boolit Man
    PS Mine is red

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SpotHound View Post
    Trev

I got my catalyst last month, I wonder if its extreme enough?

Whats you current preferred ratio at the mo?

S
    Hi SpotHound,
    If you purchased the coatings from Donnie, the catalyst that would have been supplied by Donnie would be the standard catalyst.
    Donnie has also limited stocks of the Extreme catalyst and is much more expensive than Extreme catalyst.
    Donnie does not have the 2-Extreme catalyst as yet, and some may be shipped with current shipment order he has in place, and quantity is undetermined until testing is done here first..
    We are waiting for testing being done locally, to gauge performance benefits.
    It is possible, that Ausglock may post some results before any one else as he is testing Standard catalyst, Extreme catalyst and 2-Extreme catalysts in three separate batches in the same coating.
    I am also waiting for any updates
    HI-TEK

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    The Lee FC die has a carbide sizer ring that the loaded round has to pass through. this ring squeezes the case and bullet down to a smaller size. This is what gave me .399 dia for my bullets.
    Yep LEE FCD appers to squeeze brass top and then shaves bullet as it goes on down in the brass. As of now i use seat to just seat and dillon crimp. This works, but i wish lee had a 6 hole press,, hehehehe! I might buy a 1050 one day. But i dont know much.

I may try cat 3 solution (in a month) but iam content with cat 1, Heck, so slick now i cant even hold on to bullets.

I be a sizeing dude pretty soon, magma star will be here in week & 1/2, so they say. I ordered 2 sizes of bullet feeds also. Iam gonna put a motor on it later.
    Last edited by gunoil; 07-08-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Boolit Master
    G'day All.
    Tonight I mixed 3 different coating solutions.
    1: Black with normal catalyst 5,1,5
    2: Black with Extreme Catalyst 5,1,5
    3: Black with 2-Extreme Catalyst 5,1,5

I have coated 100 of each batch on Lee 358 125gr RNFP.
    These will get sized to .356 and loaded to Minor power factor in 38 Super.
    Each batch will then be fired in a Kimber Stainless Target 2 over a Chrony and at a target at 25 Metres from a sand bag rest. I will be doing this on Sunday.
    The first coat was cooked tonight on the 3 batches. Tomorrow night I'll cook the second coat and size them.

I still want a dog dick red coating ............
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Page 7 of 742 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast