Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Nice! That almost has a more opaque white base look to it. Is that so?
    Not sure....Joe could be using Donkey snot and will not tell anyone what he uses..
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Not sure....Joe could be using Donkey snot and will not tell anyone what he uses..
    Donkey Snot!! I knew it!
    Now I can open my Higher Tek Bullet coating company!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Donkey Snot!! I knew it!
    Now I can open my Higher Tek Bullet coating company!!!
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Still haven't seen Joe pop his nose in here, hope he is recovering. I should give him a call, but not even my family want to have to talk to me on the phone

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by flybyjohn View Post
    for some reason I thought the temp had to get to 200 deg c that’s why I had the oven set to 393 deg f. But since it only has to get to 180 deg c then I will try the lower temp and see how things work out. Thank you for your suggestions guys.
    So was bringing the temp down to 180c the solution?

Boolit Bub
    Haven't been on the forum for a while, so I do hope Mr Joe is better, those hospitals are terrible for your health!

Here are some brick red 9mm boolits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200807_113619.jpg  
    Don't damn me
    When I speak a piece of my mind
    'Cause silence isn't golden
    When I'm holding it inside.
    G'n'R

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    Haven't been on the forum for a while, so I do hope Mr Joe is better, those hospitals are terrible for your health!

They look nice, well done.

Boolit Master
    For those wondering why blue and silver are difficult colors to produce, here's an image of my oven door after about 200 bakes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	265932

You can see the original stainless steel color of the door in the corner by the hinge, and the door glass was clear, not tinted gold. That color apparently is just what cured from the off gassed coating volatiles. I imagine the effect is much stronger in the much heavier coating on the bullet. So even a clear coat HiTek would tend to yellow with more heat or time.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post

Hello all,
    Thank you for the kind wishes.
    I am back on deck and firing on all cylinders.
    Warhead, they look great.

Kevin C
    Right on with resin color.
    I have said many times, that the resin and heat curing alters many systems so colors are affected.
    Heat and after many bakes, as you pointed out will yellow. That is why the colors like Blue are so difficult to stabilize and Silver ends up Yellow..
    Yellow formation from resin and Blue will make various shades of green, and this green shade that results, is directly dependent on heating time and temperature reached.

Joe
    Let me be the first to say glad to hear from you again.
    Been talking to God about you.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    Joe
    Thank you avenger.
    At one stage I thought that I will be meeting him, but it turned out that I was delusional with pain killing medications..
    I have had 5 weeks of in and out of hospital with severe lower abdominal pain.
    With all the tests, needles, blood taking, scans, x-rays Ultrasound, it was finally determined that I had a condition, resulting from eating western style foods, spicy foods and fatty foods, and I need to eat more bland diets that wont cause hyper acidity reactions which resulted in the severe irritation and pain.
    Complications were, that the hyper acidity also caused almost a raw open areas in the gut which got infected. So kilos of any-biotics over 4 weeks, both intravenous and oral treatments over 4 weeks to settle down the affected areas.
    Very slow healing process.
    After I was discharged from hospital, and living on clear fluid diet, I was ravenous for some food, so, I ate a meat pie on the way home.
    Boy, did I pay for that decision. That night, I was back in hospital with more paid medication. One day later, all symptoms disappeared and they kicked me out.
    It has now been 9 days, and so far it is all good. I am being looked after by the good wife and daughter, and they watch what I eat...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    Joe
    Don't go Sooking him up. It will go to his head that we like him...
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Don't go Sooking him up. It will go to his head that we like him...
    Let me be the first to say your bloody funny, but an ***. I wonder if our yank mates will ever understand Aussie humour. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cohen View Post
    Let me be the first to say your bloody funny, but an ***. I wonder if our yank mates will ever understand Aussie humor. Regards Stephen
    Stephen
    I am almost getting used to him. He keeps me in line, and I do not expect any mercy.

We understand his humor just fine. After 45 years on construction sites I met many a Trevor. We have plenty of them over here. Guys that would load your sandwich for lunch with hot peppers and, if you were new to the work, send you after things that didn't exist. Like plum bob oil. They have their place and we need to just not take them serious at times. Or do what really irritates them. Ignore them. .

In all seriousness Trevor, at times I have prayed for and about you. Just so you'll know you haven't been left out.

But back to the subject at hand. I haven't tried the blue again after my first go. I had planned to weeks ago. But many things got into my way. Hopefully that is now water under the bridge and I can get back to coating. I had trouble with them staying blue and still passing the wipe test. So many of you have done it that I know it can be done.

I did get about 10 pounds of .308 cast. Two different styles. the first out of a NOE hollow point mold similar to the long bullet shown in post 13578 by portersandstouts They are 220 grain bullets. The second was out of a Lee mold that cast 160+ grain bullets, the most accurate out of my rifles. May get back to coating this week.
    Last edited by Avenger442; 08-09-2020 at 12:32 PM.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Buddy
    Good to see you are on the mend Joe.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dansedgli View Post
    Good to see you are on the mend Joe.
    Thanks much.
    Getting better by the day, hopefully no relapses.

Given the the fact that this co-vid thing is popping up everywhere I'd say Joe is pretty lucky getting out of the hospital in one piece. Hospitals are a bad place for it, judging by the number of health care people who get it.
    Stay safe, mate. And keep away from Victorians.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    Given the the fact that this co-vid thing is popping up everywhere I'd say Joe is pretty lucky getting out of the hospital in one piece. Hospitals are a bad place for it, judging by the number of health care people who get it.
    Stay safe, mate. And keep away from Victorians.
    Thanks for good wishes, yes I agree.
    I had a real scare when I arrived in emergency. Directly across from me about 3-4 meters away, they had staff fully downing up to enter a room and dispose of all gear after leaving the room. I was told I had nothing to worry about.... The hospital has no real areas where contagious people can be isolated and they send such to other hospitals. I was told, that despite claims by both flavors of government allegedly spending money on health and hospitals, no funds have been received for 20 years to increase capacity of the hospital of for new beds/staff or equipment.
    Really makes you feel very comfortable....All wards were full, no beds, and I was eventually transferred to a private hospital with extremely strict restrictions for entry.

Boolit Buddy
    Glad to hear your doing better Joe, I’m not quite ready to switch to garden furniture paint if something happened to the hi-tek supply I might have to put some lube holes in my star dies or worse yet use some of the allox that has been sitting on my shelf for years.

Page 682 of 742 FirstFirst ... 182582632672673674675676677678679680681682683684685686687688689690691692732 ... LastLast