MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    ...A shipment is due to be sent within next two or three weeks...When it arrives, it is first in, best dressed. Donnie is now taking orders, before shipment arrives.
    I don't see the blue (Tru Blu?) yet in the color options on Donnie's site.

Is it the glitter that makes the blue color lighter?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    I don't see the blue (Tru Blu?) yet in the color options on Donnie's site.

Is it the glitter that makes the blue color lighter?
    yeah.....sorta.....nahhh
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=kevin c;4743946]I don't see the blue (Tru Blu?) yet in the color options on Donnie's site.

Donnie has had the test sample, only arrive in last couple of days into USA, hardly had time to test, and set up a new colour on his website.
    Ausglock's test that just got posted, were done in AUS, and Donnie's tests will be in USA when he finishes his tests.
    If all goes well, the new Tru-Blu may become inserted into US website.

Boolit Master
    So...

"Patience, grasshopper..." ;^]

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    the 38 Supercomp chronos at 1350 FPS.
    the 9mm chronos at 980 FPS
    Those kind of velocities in the old wax and snail snot days would almost certainly have leaded the barrel. 1,978fps from 460 SW no leading. I don't need a kick in the but to know when I am on a good thing. Regards Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    That is Great news.
    What sort of speeds you recon you reached?
    More importantly, need to know if he actually managed to hit anything he aimed at, This time?
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gremlin460 View Post
    more importantly, need to know if he actually managed to hit anything he aimed at, this time?
    ooh burn

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    More importantly, need to know if he actually managed to hit anything he aimed at, This time?
    Grem, you old Pommy Mongrel... Our range doesn't have overhead baffles, so I couldn't shoot them up like the ones at the Gold Coast.

Managed to punch a heap of 2 Alphas in evil Jihadi cardboard....derka derka derka......lol
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    I wanted to let all you guys know that Donnie will be going into the hospital to repair the mitral valve in his heart. From what he told me it is sticking. Please pray for him and his family as they go through this.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Master
    The trublu can wait. Best thoughts, wishes and prayers to Donnie and his family sent.

Boolit Master
    Hope all goes well with the Op, Donnie.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cohen View Post
    Those kind of velocities in the old wax and snail snot days would almost certainly have leaded the barrel. 1,978fps from 460 SW no leading. I don't need a kick in the but to know when I am on a good thing. Regards Stephen
    Very good. Gas check or not?

I'm still amazed at RCBS 325 grn 45-70 @1900 fps,no gas check needed. 500 S&W 305 grn@1600 fps 3" barrel, no gas check plain base. Just Hi Tek. That 500 load is pretty high pressure...

Woops! Messed up. We have been out of town and I sent Donnie an email on the blues before I read this page.

Hope everything goes well Donnie. Will pray it does and for quick recovery.

Been having some atrial fib myself. Went through the whole Doctor thing. But it looks like God is giving me some grace. It seems to be clearing up on it's own.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    Yeah,best wishes for Donnie from here,too. Always good to be on time with these.

Docs are good today,I'm an AtFib as well,have a stent,a bad valve,veins all screwed up and I have the whole heart medication cocktail. I had the weirdest stroke,in the lab they thought that an EKG wire was broken. "This print is too funny,you can go see a doc if you want."

So I didn't drive home, walked upstairs instead and was ambulanced to a hospital for a stent ASAP. I was actually on my way to the woods to take apples to the whitetails where I had cameras. Someone called it "a ladies' stroke".

Anyway,I'm a lucky one and I feel they will get Donnie repaired like they repaired me three years ago.

Prayers included.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Yeah,best wishes for Donnie from here,too. Always good to be on time with these.

Docs are good today,I'm an AtFib as well,have a stent,a bad valve,veins all screwed up and I have the whole heart medication cocktail. I had the weirdest stroke,in the lab they thought that an EKG wire was broken. "This print is too funny,you can go see a doc if you want."

So I didn't drive home, walked upstairs instead and was ambulanced to a hospital for a stent ASAP. I was actually on my way to the woods to take apples to the whitetails where I had cameras. Someone called it "a ladies' stroke".

Anyway,I'm a lucky one and I feel they will get Donnie repaired like they repaired me three years ago.

Prayers included.

All prayers worked.
    I have received communications, that all went well with Donnie and operation.
    I am glad, and hope for a speedy recovery. I hope that he does not over do things, and let body recover.

Boolit Master
    That is great news!
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Very good. Gas check or not?

I'm still amazed at RCBS 325 grn 45-70 @1900 fps,no gas check needed. 500 S&W 305 grn@1600 fps 3" barrel, no gas check plain base. Just Hi Tek. That 500 load is pretty high pressure...
    The velocity of 1,978 average in 460SW was with a plain base cast and outstanding accuracy. I am considering making a 460 SW on an old Martini Enfield action I have. The only cal I find a gas check to be useful is in my 458 WM and that is only because it shoots better with a check. I have done considerable testing with the larger bore rifles and find Hi-Tek and cast to be the equal or better than jacketed, in fact I intend to use Hi-Tek cast on my Buff hunt next year. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    Thanks,Stephen.

I'm also more into big bore cast. Discovering Hi Tek actually got me back to casting... and it's becoming more and more fun,I'm addicted to accuracy and now it is here.

I sold my Marlin because of 3" cast groups. Now I have a new one shooting many cast bullets under 1" and I'm very happy. Heck I shoot 300 WM 1" @ 300 meters and 22LR 1" @100 so...

Not a big bore but I might try a 357 silhuette style now that there's no lead danger. Lots of classic,old,sometimes good revolvers for sale, silhuette is out of fashion.

Boolit Master
    I agree Petander, Hi-Tek has made the whole process of casting a joy. I remember when this thread first started there was a lot of negativity from certain circles but Joe stuck it out. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cohen View Post
    I agree Petander, Hi-Tek has made the whole process of casting a joy. I remember when this thread first started there was a lot of negativity from certain circles but Joe stuck it out. Regards Stephen
    There are and always will be people that complain about hi-tek, they either don't follow the instructions or are just too set in their ways to change over their process to make it work. It's proven to work, and work well.

The way i figure, if i can make it work, anyone can!

Page 616 of 742 FirstFirst ... 116516566606607608609610611612613614615616617618619620621622623624625626666716 ... LastLast