RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Congrats indeed. Even better that he did it with his own cast projectiles.

I really need to try and make time to do some real IPSC shooting, all I do now is one club level match i run with a mad mate once a month.

Boolit Buddy
    a post on topic ..

after some disapointing results i am really getting some great results with the hitek coating !
    i started in real small badges and shaked the boolits to long , and was wayyy off with the mixture.

now i do 200 boolits per cycle , my little toasteroven cant take more , and been reading the supplied users manual i got with the product.
    this time the results are very promissing , really love this hitek coating , and if done correctly its superb for my needs.

also , i live in holland and there are no hitek dealers over here.
    i contacted joe directly and he went through all the trouble of sending me the miracle-powder per postage.
    this means that the guy behind the product really stands behind its product , not in it for the quick profits.

the guys behind the hitek coating are every bit as good as the product itself , and that is saying something !

Boolit Master
    Glad yo got it worked out.

I shake mine with a lid on the container to allow it to get some good coverage before the solvent evaporates. It gives me a smooth finish, if you let it evaporate too much, it gets all rough. As far as i'm aware, if you do get a rough finish, you can add more solvent and shake again to dissolve it and give the nice finish again.

I'm with you with your kind words for Joe, he is a very friendly guy, i have enjoyed our chats, very informative. He is very good with getting his goods out as soon as possible, I think mine took two days to arrive.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys. Was a surprise. The new results system had me down by 38 points at the end of the match before it went offline. ha

Banned
    It's funny how easy it is to get good results with HiTek coating When you follow the instructions

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by edwin41 View Post
    a post on topic ..

after some disapointing results i am really getting some great results with the hitek coating !
    i started in real small badges and shaked the boolits to long , and was wayyy off with the mixture.

now i do 200 boolits per cycle , my little toasteroven cant take more , and been reading the supplied users manual i got with the product.
    this time the results are very promissing , really love this hitek coating , and if done correctly its superb for my needs.

also , i live in holland and there are no hitek dealers over here.
    i contacted joe directly and he went through all the trouble of sending me the miracle-powder per postage.
    this means that the guy behind the product really stands behind its product , not in it for the quick profits.

the guys behind the hitek coating are every bit as good as the product itself , and that is saying something !
    edwin41,
    Thanks for kind words. Much appreciated.
    I am glad you have had success.
    Unfortunately, we don't have an agent in Europe. We have some commercial casters who are willing to re-sell some coatings, but they have limited colours at this stage for their own use. Unfortunately sending small packs is very costly business and no way around it.
    Joe

Boolit Buddy
    Adi aps350 in 9mm
    You 'Strayans got any data for it yet?

Boolit Master
    Joe????? Kind????? Friendly????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    You funny......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Bloody grumpy old Hungarian/ Australian.

APS350???

Haven't seen or heard of it. Mind you, I have a huge amount of AP50, AP70, AP100 and even 15kg of the old AP90. So will not need to buy powder for awhile.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master

ha ha ha

[QUOTE=Ausglock;4578394]Joe????? Kind????? Friendly????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I haven't told you until now, the Kryptonite green is no longer available ....lol...lol...lol

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post

APS350???

Haven't seen or heard of it. Mind you, I have a huge amount of AP50, AP70, AP100 and even 15kg of the old AP90. So will not need to buy powder for awhile.
    Its the replacement for as30 and ap/as50.

Boolit Master
    The APS350 is a single base replacement for AS and AP 30 which are double base, as fare as I am aware the loading data for APS350 is the same as AS and AP30 powder. I believe there is a new APS450 which is the replacement for AS and AP50. I should point out that H Clays is AP and AS30 powder. Regards Stephen

Anybody got a chart to show the relationship between the Aussie designations for powder and the U.S. designations? What are they talking about? Sounds like metric to me
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master

APS350???

Holy molly.

Here in Finland 2 kg of gunpowder is the max allowed to be stored at home. It can get very complicated.

Follow directions / get good results.... Oh yeah Tazza, Talking about arrows being deadly, I once shot a pretty big spike elk the arrow entering just in front of the back leg and passed through the animal coming out through the front shoulder, then stuck in the ground fifteen yards beyond. The spike lurched forward twenty yards, stopped, wavered right, then left, and back to the right falling to the ground. Another time, I found myself very close to a cow elk in thick oak brush in New Mexico. At the shot the arrow struck the last two ribs on the right side , through the heart and stuck in the left leg. The cow jumped off the edge of the cliff and hit below about fifteen feet with the legs dragging already. How we knew this my buddy was sitting down there waiting for a shot at another animal and saw the cow sliding toward him and said that she was dead already. Sorry about off subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Holy molly.

Here in Finland 2 kg of gunpowder is the max allowed to be stored at home. It can get very complicated.
    Actually we have a limit on bulk powder as well, however, we have no limit on loaded rounds, so I have 4kg loose AP50 and thousands of loaded rounds. The powder in the rounds dont count towards the total powder allowed on you land.
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master
    I had one well known Brisbane gun shop question my need for more powder as I had purchased a Kilo two months before. I don't deal with them any longer. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Actually we have a limit on bulk powder as well, however, we have no limit on loaded rounds, so I have 4kg loose AP50 and thousands of loaded rounds. The powder in the rounds dont count towards the total powder allowed on you land.
    We can have ten thousand loaded rounds in addition to that two kilos of powder. That includes 22 LR as well. I need to try another powder right now (full house slug loads) so I'm loading something else to empty a can.

This is another gray area because it's not about owning powder,it's about storing. Can I store another 2 kg in my cellar,outside,under ground? The answer depends on who you ask.

Our restrictions here in the US for personal use I believe is 20 pounds stored outside an approved wooden locker with a 50 pound max stored. Or 20 pounds outside the locker and 30 pounds in the locker max. That's Federal law.

However there are some states that limit an insurance company's liability and impose other laws if you have more than one pound stored. I believe Maryland is one. So if your house burns down in Maryland and they find you had two pounds of powder stored the insurance company does not have to pay. You have to know your state's law, too. Just like Australia we have some liberal run states. They are fewer almost every election.

I don't know of a limit on loaded rounds. But there probably is one. At least in some states.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=HI-TEK;4578396]

I haven't told you until now, the Kryptonite green is no longer available ....lol...lol...lol
    hehe, you need a remote button to make all his KG evaporate when he gives you lip

Seriously? a shop up here questioning buying more powder? 1kg doesn't go very far if you are loading big cartridges. I recently got 2 x 2kg bottles of ap70 from shooters delight, they had no issues. Recorded my license number in their book, and i walked away, no questions asked.

Boolit Master
    Jumping off subject here. Joe, this one is for you. For the last several years I have used MEK instead of acetone. Works better for me. Opened a new can this morning to get ready to coat. Everything was ok for about five minutes. Then I noticed the hi-tek powder has turned into something that looked like playdo and was setting at the bottom of the bottle. Just happened to look at the MEK can and it said MEK subsitute. Never noticed it when I bought it, was too busy flirting with the young ladys that work in the store. Any ideas?
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Page 562 of 742 FirstFirst ... 62462512552553554555556557558559560561562563564565566567568569570571572612662 ... LastLast