Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    Petander
    Is that the Marlin 1895 45-70 18.5 inch in stainless? I haven't seen it in stainless.
    Yes,it is 1895 SBL.

This is just great. I checked the velocity,it is 1706 fps for this Hi-Teked 466 grainer.

Attachment 223823

There is a cucumber can in the berm at 75 meters,full of holes. I can hit it all day with these bullets, now that I cleaned them boolits with HCL before coating. Hot dang great!

Attachment 223824.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    ............and my drums are oval.........LOL
    Show me yours,I'll show you mine:

Attachment 223825.

This is called True Temperament. A friend of mine in Sweden makes these for Big Boys like Steve Vai. I haven't used straight frets for ten years. I like to be in tune.

Boolit Buddy
    He Petander, Are you familiar with Espen Lind?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Yes,it is 1895 SBL.

This is just great. I checked the velocity,it is 1706 fps for this Hi-Teked 466 grainer.

Attachment 223823

There is a cucumber can in the berm at 75 meters,full of holes. I can hit it all day with these bullets, now that I cleaned them boolits with HCL before coating. Hot dang great!

Attachment 223824.

WOW, that is great news.
    But why a Cucumber? What did this poor Cucumber do to you to get holed like that????

Show me yours,I'll show you mine:

Attachment 223825.

This is called True Temperament. A friend of mine in Sweden makes these for Big Boys like Steve Vai. I haven't used straight frets for ten years. I like to be in tune.
    wow.that is stunning,while i figure that, except the unique design , the frets displays more or less the same spacing, then keeps the same note's value
    as the ''regular''' version ??

i thought vai was playing exclusively ibanez......!!

seriously,mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2re0hg6.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	223891

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    How weird is this??? Now my previous posts become all the same number after each new post. It seems that when I post a new reply, instead of numbers increasing one each post, all previous ones change to same number as last post. This seems not happening with others posts.
    Don't worry Joe, as we great lovers know, it is not the overall number that counts but the effort put into improving ones self each time that does. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    WOW, that is great news.
    But why a Cucumber? What did this poor Cucumber do to you to get holed like that????
    It was all green so it must have been an alien cucumber.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post

i thought vai was playing exclusively ibanez......!!
    Yep but many of his Ibanezes are True Tempered. It's just a way to get a proper intonation,tune.

Attachment 223900.

Most people look at these necks and say "that can't work". Then they strum a chord and "wow". Genius at work just like with Hi-Tek. And both are hard to understand for some folks.

Attachment 223901
    Last edited by Petander; 07-19-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Boolit Master
    Steve Who???
    Kirk Hammett Is the Only Guitar Legend... \m/
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Steve Who???
    Kirk Hammett Is the Only Guitar Legend... \m/
    I see,you are a fan. That's good,me too. In my opinion, all music is good. Depends on the listener.

But hey: is there a way to remove lube from already lubed bullets so that the become clean enough for coating?

Boolit Master

Recycling lubed alloy

I see,you are a fan. That's good,me too. In my opinion, all music is good. Depends on the listener.

But hey: is there a way to remove lube from already lubed bullets so that the become clean enough for coating?

Petander,
    I don't know any other way to get rid of other lubes except re-melt and cast. Most cost effective and safest way.
    All other type cleaners cause major problems, and toxicity problems.
    Then there is waste disposal problems.
    Sorry, there is no 100% effective way to clean cast that would be regarded as producing a clean alloy from of all residues.
    Simply re-melt, cast, and Acid etch to get best results, especially if your alloy is an unknown composition with possible contaminants.
    You proved that this simple refining, (acid wash) actually works, and you can coat & use "unknown" alloys successfully.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve successfully removed wax lube and then successfully re-coated with HT and PC paints. I put lubed bullets into a quart glass jar, covered bullets with paint thinner, put lid on and allowed to soak over night, shaking the jar a few random times during the process. Wax will be disssolved and liquid can be pored off and discarded responsibly. Then fill jar 1/3 full with acetone, shake and discard acetone. Repeat acetone rinse. Pore bullets onto a clean towel, while boolits are still wet then slosh around in towel. Put boolits into a clean jar and repeat acetone rinse third time. Pour onto clean paper towels to dry and your done. It’s a pain to do but it has worked well for me the few times I’ve done it with waxed bullets.

Boolit Master

Attachment 223748

Any others here doing 45-70 Hi-Tek?

I have a long nice history with cast & 1895 but haven't had a Marlin for some years.
    I have used Hi Tek on plenty of my 45-70 bullets for use in my 1895 SBL.

In the pic below you can see the NOE collar button and the NOE 350 gr. WFN coated in HiTek Bronze

Name:	Bronze 500.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	223985

A recent favorite of mine is the NOE 354 HTC which is a smooth bullet that can be used in both the 458 SOCOM and the 45-70. I got it for the SOCOM but found it shoots really well in my SBL.

Name:	NOE 354 gr .459 web.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	223986

This is my heavy bullet in SBL, NOE 405 gr. WFN style coated in HiTek Texas Tea (the black with gold metallic)

Name:	460 405 RF.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	223988

All fired out of my fun as heck 1895 SBL sitting next to my 336 BL in 30-30

Name:	Marlin 336 1895 web.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	223989

Boolit Buddy
    Shot some sub 4 inch groups at 50 yards out of my new trubor today with my home made zombie green 122 fp's.

Pretty happy with that.

Boolit Master
    What load you running?
    I run 125SWC 31.5mm OAL 8.4gn AP-100 171 P/F rested 50 yard 10 shot group is around 2"
    That is after Victor Precision did a hardchrome and trigger job and fitted a new STI barrel.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Yes...
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Buddy
    5 grains of AP70 with the 122 grain FP which made 130pf. It's for action match, I'm not allowed to shoot major on our plate rack.

After I ported the barrel on my old gun it wouldn't shoot minor anymore, hence the trubor purchase.

I'll test out some major loads next week. I've been using 9.2 grains of AP100 with the tiger sharks, was planning on starting around 8.5 and going from there.

I just shot 2 10 round groups on a single IPSC target today, it'd be nice to try on a target with a better aiming reference.

Gotta work out a 9mm load too and change my dies around.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Intel6 View Post
    I have used Hi Tek on plenty of my 45-70 bullets for use in my 1895 SBL...

...All fired out of my fun as heck 1895 SBL
    SBL surprised me big time. Big fun! Easy as butter,everything is right... well,except whoever did this should sober up:

Attachment 224101

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by igolfat8 View Post
    I’ve successfully removed wax lube and then successfully re-coated with HT and PC paints. I put lubed bullets into a quart glass jar, covered bullets with paint thinner, put lid on and allowed to soak over night, shaking the jar a few random times during the process. Wax will be disssolved and liquid can be pored off and discarded responsibly. Then fill jar 1/3 full with acetone, shake and discard acetone. Repeat acetone rinse. Pore bullets onto a clean towel, while boolits are still wet then slosh around in towel. Put boolits into a clean jar and repeat acetone rinse third time. Pour onto clean paper towels to dry and your done. It’s a pain to do but it has worked well for me the few times I’ve done it with waxed bullets.
    I boiled my bullets first,most of the visible wax floated away. Acetone next,then I'll soak them in HCL to see what's up with the alloy. Ultrasonic might work as well...?

I found hundreds of good ,lubed and gas checked .458 bullets from years ago. Wash and soak is't much work at all.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    What load you running?
    I run 125SWC 31.5mm OAL 8.4gn AP-100 171 P/F rested 50 yard 10 shot group is around 2"
    That is after Victor Precision did a hardchrome and trigger job and fitted a new STI barrel.
    That is some serious accuracy! Can you do that with open sights?

I need a carbine & red dot for that.

Page 516 of 742 FirstFirst ... 16416466506507508509510511512513514515516517518519520521522523524525526566616 ... LastLast