Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    Seems to me more people are NOW paying attention to this HI-TEK
    coating in the USA.
    It is the bomb diggity. Just cast, swirl, bake, swirl, bake, shoot, and smile. No need for non stick foil, ES guns, fixtures, wires, waiting for the planets to align before doing the PC swirl method, etc.

The product and the system just flat out work. I take my time and I can cast and coat 2,000 bullets a week in between prepping and loading match ammo, loading pistol fodder, opening up lee sizing dies because they suck, being a dad, etc.

No funky buildup, no abrasiveness, no hocus pocus and voodoo over powders. My time is worth something, and HT gives me my time.

Boolit Grand Master
    Well put LL. My feelings exactly. Hi-Tek works, why mess with other coatings.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Grand Master
    HI-Tek,

If you are looking for orders to justify production may I suggest a separate thread - maybe like we do for Group Buys. Just tell us what colors (colours for our Queen's English friends), sizes of containers available, and price and we can sign up. Group buys are very successful for both the seller and the buyer. A 100+ page thread with useless comments is not the way to establish true market interest. I would be interested in purchasing some as well. For a die hard Star user this is like disowning a child - LOL

Powdered Hi-Tek makes a lot of sense.

Don Verna

Love Life
    Run the Ht boolits through your star, but I'll match your production with my lee sizer!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Run the Ht boolits through your star, but I'll match your production with my lee sizer!
    I actually use a Lee for my 44 and 45 Bullets. I have sizers in the right size for those calibers and they work fast. I also know they are grease and oil free so subsequent costs will stick!

Coat, bake, size, coat, bake, load, shoot. Pretty simple really.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Pretty simple really.
    That's not what I heard!!

Boolit Master
    So... I have a heap of test samples of the powdered HI-TEK here.
    I'm about to tip them out as I have too many.
    Anyone want them???
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    HI-Tek,

If you are looking for orders to justify production may I suggest a separate thread - maybe like we do for Group Buys. Just tell us what colors (colours for our Queen's English friends), sizes of containers available, and price and we can sign up. Group buys are very successful for both the seller and the buyer. A 100+ page thread with useless comments is not the way to establish true market interest. I would be interested in purchasing some as well. For a die hard Star user this is like disowning a child - LOL

Don Verna
    Don.
    Why would he pissaround with a group buy when he can sell through distributors?
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    HI-Tek,

Don Verna
    Don,

Be patient, its coming to the states soon!

Its not an issue of a group buy, its an issue of simple economics. Why should Hi-Tek invest big money to import his "11 herbs ans spices" to his shop, and only have a few dozen buyers in the states? Do I think it will sell like hotcakes here? YES! But there is no way to predict needed quantities to fulfill possible sales. I know im not willing to fork out 20k to take a chance!

Don I also just added a thread in the group buy section for the powdered version of the coating. So if anybody wants to pre-order the powder let me know. I should have some soon...... RIGHT JOE?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by Gateway Bullets; 03-13-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    Gatewaybullets.com

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
    Ok on a related note, I need some help. It's not totally Hi Tek related but they are HT coated Boolits. I was having problems with the coating being pierced/scraped right at the crimp junction. I think I've got that solved by seating and crimping in two different stations, but I am still getting a slight semi circular cutting on the base of the Boolits. It happens in the seating step, I've tried adjusting the case flare and I'm quite certain that it's not the top edge of the case that's causing the cutting. It's just odd. Maybe some with more cast reloading experience can help, but I'm not sure one would notice it if the Boolits weren't coated. I'll try to post a pic that you hopefully can see what I'm talking about.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394769298.412586.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	99476

Love Life
    Can you take a better picture?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gateway bullets View Post
    i should have some soon...... Right joe?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    hahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahaha

you funny... Hahahahahaha.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Alright. I'm letting the cat out of the bag.
    HI-TEK Joe has been working on a hybrid Black powder with Gold metallic elements embeded in it.
    I have mixed and coated with it and have fired 500 rounds through my Kimber Stainless Target 2 in 38 Super.

This coating looks and works great.
    Imagine a dark charcoal with gold flek (like candy apple red only black & gold).

This new colour is called "Texas Tea"

If you remember the Beverly Hillbillies theme song, then you will remember " oil that is, Black Gold, Texas Tea"

I just loaded 100 of these for a safety course I'm conducting tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ausglock; 03-14-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
    Love Life, I'll try later this pm. The iPad camera isn't too hot.

As promised , Picture of the completed auto-sizer, still in manual form here , waiting for the reduction box to arrive.. works like a charm.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps85382eb2.jpg

Trev got any green you getting rid off?
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master
    no green powder.

A bit of bronze and a few reds
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Don.
    Why would he pissaround with a group buy when he can sell through distributors?
    Trevor

Read his post 2643. No need to apologize.

If I did not understand what Joe wrote, then the apology is mine. I understood that he was trying to determine interest before gearing up for commercial production.

Gateway, good move!!!

Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    As promised , Picture of the completed auto-sizer, still in manual form here , waiting for the reduction box to arrive.. works like a charm.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps85382eb2.jpg

Trev got any green you getting rid off?
    I have been thinking about something like this. Nice job, is that a bullet collator for the sizer in your pictures?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    hahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahaha

you funny... Hahahahahaha.
    Taint funny Trevor!!!! If he would stop giving you all the samples, I would have my supply by now!lol lol lol
    Gatewaybullets.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    We have been very busy with development.
    Had made several batches, and some worked and some did not.
    Now all the bugs seem to have been sorted out, and the tested powders seems to be working great, and produces same result as solvent system.
    It is now decision making to see if we scale up to making commercial volumes.
    It may be several months before larger amounts are available and will really depend on interest shown, or orders received for the products.
    Will keep you posted.
    Don. I see nothing there about a group buy.
    I accept your apology.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Page 130 of 742 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140180230630 ... LastLast