Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Success!

This is a plain base .502 305 grain NOE bullet,no lube groove,no crimp groove. I force crimp it with Lee collet die and it holds in place @ 1640 fps from a 3" S&W 500 barrel. Three coats of TMG Gold,sized .5015 with Aqualube,BHN 14. I give it some taper crimp with a Hornady Taper Crimp die first,then Lee collet. Other dies are RCBS carbide - I use Redding for J-loads but they are very tight for cast.

Five chronoed rounds had extreme spread of 12 fps, I checked Federal 215 primers today - and will stick to them. I shoot clays on the berm @ 50 meters with this, barrel looks 4" because of the last 1" is brake.

I find it amazing that Hi Tek coating can take this violent,crushing crimp. No lead in the barrel, I have been shooting and developing load with these for a week now,about 200 and now I'm set with the load. Case full VV N110...

Last edited by Petander; 08-14-2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Typos

Boolit Master
    That's one big hole puncher right there, and it sure isn't waiting around, 1,640 FPS is a pretty savage load.

14BHN without leading on 200 rounds at those speeds, is quite impressive.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    That's one big hole puncher right there, and it sure isn't waiting around, 1,640 FPS is a pretty savage load.

14BHN without leading on 200 rounds at those speeds, is quite impressive.
    Even the throats are clean... my 420 GC leaves some deposit in throats, I was ready for possible fouling. 420 uses a slower powder but is the same size.

I will try 501 bullets later on, need a .5005 sizer for that. 501 would be throat size.

Anyway,the crazy collet crimp and Hi Tek working together is fantastic. A KISS bullet to work with.

Boolit Master
    I cleaned the gun... just because I used dirty brass for my last (a quick primer check) rounds. I'm on the edge of sticky extraction here, a clean chamber is a happy chamber. Not much to clean anywhere else,either.

This is just great.

Boolit Master
    CCI 215 primers give more velocity than Federal in this load - but there is more spread,too.

This is 1740 fps, chrono was @ five meters so real velocity is 530 m/s.

A light bullet like this NOE 305 is completely shootable at full power, heavyweights get tiring after a while.

Boolit Master
    wlkjr, I sent you another pm
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone had any luck with cast boolits without GC but with Hi-Tek in their AR-15s?

I'm aware that the small pills in 223 are somwhat hard to get right in this caliber, but showing a lot of promise in others this could be done, right? If this could be done I'm sure they would be quite popular with the IPSC guys!

Sent fra min SM-T550 via Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by slide View Post
    wlkjr, I sent you another pm
    I haven't checked in a couple of days but just replied.

WooHoo!, busy week, not only did I recieve a nice steel mold from USA, I both sucessfully removed the lube groves . aAnd the saturday before had 2 Stents fitted in the old ticker.
    Like I said.. busy boy just lately..
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master
    OOH accurate one? I may need to talk to them and get one for 300 BO for some mad mates.

Glad the docs got you all fixed up, we need someone to keep Trevor in line, i didn't want to have to be the one to take your place on string him up.

Boolit Master
    I'm not the problem...

Great weekend at GCPC. 2 day IPSC match. came away with 1st in Open Div C grade.
    Looks like a re-grade to B grade.

Many many of our Green Goodness went downrange in all divisions and many different makes of guns.
    Everyone I spoke to loves our bullets and can't get over how clean their guns are after a 2 day match.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    You are just someone that will give as good as he gets

Good to hear the match went well, you do well and get bumped a grade then you have to work a lot harder to move up.

A happy customer is a good one. I have had good success so far with hi-tek. I'm really not as kind to my guns as i should be, i run a few k rounds through mine before i bother cleaning the barrel, even then, it's just a wet patch, no need to scrub lead out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    I'm not the problem...

Great weekend at GCPC. 2 day IPSC match. came away with 1st in Open Div C grade.
    Looks like a re-grade to B grade.
    OH great, now for 8 days of volunteer work to repair all he overhead baffles after you Errol Harper IPICAC dudes...
    Just what we needed..

Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    OH great, now for 8 days of volunteer work to repair all he overhead baffles after you Errol Harper IPICAC dudes...
    Just what we needed..

OOH he is one of THOSE?

We have all seen holes in baffles that we wonder how on earth did they get there? were they going prone and aimed for the sky on purpose?

Boolit Buddy
    I won my division on the weekend too. I think I need a round nose profile bullet to help prevent nose dive jams.

Boolit Master
    Grem... You will find most of the baffle damage is from ISSF shooters...
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Hello, fellow boolit casters/coaters!! I haven’t been on the forums in a couple of years as I’ve been stationed in Okinawa since 16. It’s great to see the hi-tek and other coating methods are still very alive and well!! I haven’t poured lead or coated in a few years now, though I think about it often. Nonetheless, I’ll get back into it whenever I move back to the states... still have plenty of HT’s powders in nice cool and dry storage. Cheers fellas and keep up the great work!!
    Josh

Boolit Master
    G'day Josh.
    Mate long time, No see... Hope you are well and great to see you are back.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by dansedgli View Post
    I won my division on the weekend too. I think I need a round nose profile bullet to help prevent nose dive jams.

dansedgli
    Your going to love this. Here in the states the media has made people super sensitive to the idea of use of firearms to do all kinds of things illegal. And has left out the thousands of times a year a gun is used by private citizens to save a life. It has gotten to the point where if a person in Maryland shoots a gun we hear about it in Alabama. Whatever happened to a local news focus. Anyway, we were with our Granddaughter as she had some minor surgery at the hospital yesterday when I saw your post. I really didn't think when I pulled it up on my phone and just punched play on the video. As the gun was going off my wife was having a fit to turn the sound off immediately. Even though it was only us in a private room with the door shut she was afraid someone was going to call the coppers on me. Wonder what would have happened if WW II had been on TV?

Josh
    Welcome back to the forum. When will they ship you home?
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    G'day Josh.
    Mate long time, No see... Hope you are well and great to see you are back.
    It has been a while for sure. Everything is well, hope all is well in Oz brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    dansedgli
    Your going to love this. Here in the states the media has made people super sensitive to the idea of use of firearms to do all kinds of things illegal. And has left out the thousands of times a year a gun is used by private citizens to save a life. It has gotten to the point where if a person in Maryland shoots a gun we hear about it in Alabama. Whatever happened to a local news focus. Anyway, we were with our Granddaughter as she had some minor surgery at the hospital yesterday when I saw your post. I really didn't think when I pulled it up on my phone and just punched play on the video. As the gun was going off my wife was having a fit to turn the sound off immediately. Even though it was only us in a private room with the door shut she was afraid someone was going to call the coppers on me. Wonder what would have happened if WW II had been on TV?

Josh
    Welcome back to the forum. When will they ship you home?
    I have one year of assignment tour remaining, but I’m strongly considering extending two years, the last two of my military career. Avenger, the media has turned the US in on itself and it’s getting worse. Everyday I hear about the media and left’s craziness and makes me wanna vomit.
    Josh

Page 608 of 742 FirstFirst ... 108508558598599600601602603604605606607608609610611612613614615616617618658708 ... LastLast