Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Can someone please remind me again which of the powders are the metallic ones.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    Red Copper
    Bronze 500
    Bronze 502
    Gold 1035
    TMG Gold
    Sunny Gold
    Old Gold
    Kryptonite Green
    Texas Tea
    Candy Apple
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Thanks.

I don’t see TMG Gold on the website. Is it discontinued?
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Thanks.

Probably wasn't available in the US
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Thanks.

My TMG is the Original which has been discontinued because of a higher price. Had I known,I'd have bought many pounds beforehand.

Now there is new,cheaper TMG Gold which I haven't tried yet. I'd still like to know if there is a possibility for a batch of Original TMG,and how big batch that would be. I might buy it all.

Boolit Master
    Just talked to Joe.
    The old Bugger is in Hospital.
    They thought he had the Black Lung and Syphilis. but it was only Influenza B.
    should be letting him out tomorrow.

Don't send him any "Get well Soon" messages. Old Coot will think people care about him....
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Ouch.

But okay,I just emailed him about "Original TMG". No get wells because I didn't know.

I sized a few .4605's to .4565 by accident,then smashed. I don't need .4565,don't know who does,it was a "spare Lee sizer in a wrong place" -accident. Aqualube is good, I use it on all my sizing. 4 thou on a big NLG is quite a lot and I managed to size a few before noticing it's not my .4595.

Sizing makes the surface look & feel like glass. It is tough and solid and bonded like crazy.

Boolit Master
    He has the plague AGAIN? He was really bad last time he got that, like a week in hospital for that one too, he needs to stay away from sick people.

Hope he gets better soon, i'm sure deep down he knows you care about him Trevor Without him around, who would you have to make fun of? Gremlin can't take all the abuse that currently is shared between him AND Joe

Petander - I got a bottle of aqualube i need to try on my next batch of over sized cast to squeeze down. I'm using lee dies at the moment, they give a very shiny finish, but not as good as yours, i wonder if the lube added to the nice glossy finish too.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=Tazza;4774203]He has the plague AGAIN? He needs to stay away from sick people.

Tazza,
    This one was air borne bug that caused Pneumonia not spread by sick people. As soon as I started feeling crook, no delays. I was immediately taken into emergency, and flooded with anti biotics. What puzzled me was that I was immunized against Pneumonia, but was told that immunization was for a different type and did not work to stop this bug getting started.

I was getting better, ready to be discharged today, then last night, at about 1am, I was medicated with infusion anti biotics and nurse left. I could not get to sleep . I moved my arm, and felt a wet spot under my arm. I turned on lights, and discovered, that the Canula partly came out of the vein, and opened enough room to pump out blood continuously. What was extremely alarming is, that if I would have fallen asleep, the next check on me would have been some 6 hours later, when I would have already passed from blood loss.
    Make things worse, my arm went into spasm and pain, I lost feeling in my fingers, and they were tingling, and my hand swelled up so I could hardly form a fist. I became more upset as I though I had a blood clot blocking from that vein, that could have travelled, and end of story.
    Mate, I hate hospitals with a vengeance.

Boolit Buddy
    Our local hospital is known as "The Place Where Well People Go To Die."

Boolit Master
    Joe, do you remember exchanging e-mails at about 3:00 am my time. I thought something was up by the way you were talking(typing). I am glad you are getting better. Sure doesn't speak very good for that hospital.
    Last edited by slide; 12-01-2019 at 11:12 PM. Reason: more info
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Master
    I swear they are tying to do you in, I'll blame it on your competitor, paying nurses to sabotage your canular to make it look like an accident. Glad you found it and are still with us.

They always blame it on a different strain, like white ants in your house after protection, these are a different shade of whits, so no warranty for you!

Get out of there as soon as you can!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    I swear they are tying to do you in, I'll blame it on your competitor, paying nurses to sabotage your canular to make it look like an accident. Glad you found it and are still with us.

They always blame it on a different strain, like white ants in your house after protection, these are a different shade of whits, so no warranty for you!

Get out of there as soon as you can!
    I was getting a feeling that someone/thing is trying to get me, twice now in 12 months.
    I got out of there mid morning after I had a dummy spit at the doctors.
    I have blood cloths all over my arm from them jabbing me many times.
    I look like I got Leprosy.
    I feel stuffed, as I had about 10 hours sleep in 3 days. Could not sleep with the noise of badly sick people in my room. I felt very sorry for them as they were all in post operative recovery, and in pain.

Boolit Master
    Hope all works out well for you Joe. I once told the nurse if she woke me at 3am again I would drag her into bed and kiss her, well she did and as I promised I dragged her into bed and kissed her, funny thing is she didn't fight me off at all and kept waking me at 3am. Times have changed and one would be arrested for such things now. Get well and regards Stephen.

Boolit Master
    OK... enough Sooking him up.
    Get back to work..
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    OK... enough Sooking him up.
    Get back to work..
    You crack me up.

Boolit Master
    I made some "Get Well Son" - TMG fireworks for Joe, The Great Inventor.

NLG bullet really shines here,leaving more powder space with the same OAL. I will be able to safely push this 450 grainer past 2000 fps (610 m/s).

My alloy is only 12-14 BHN,very malleable. With HP,this is becoming a true varmint load.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Red Copper
    Bronze 500
    Bronze 502
    Gold 1035
    TMG Gold
    Sunny Gold
    Old Gold
    Kryptonite Green
    Texas Tea
    Candy Apple
    I've been using Texas Tea for years now, my Mk11* Lee Enfield shoots inside the X ring on the military core target out to 300 meters as long as I don't run out of talent, and I can't remember the last time I ran a brush down the bore either. Just a side note, if anyone wants to know how long a H barrel lasts, as of last Saturday mine has had 8823 cast bullet rounds down it and still shoot's 1 1/2 on command at 100 meters prone unsupported.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=HI-TEK;4774402]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    He has the plague AGAIN? He needs to stay away from sick people.

Tazza,
    This one was air borne bug that caused Pneumonia not spread by sick people. As soon as I started feeling crook, no delays. I was immediately taken into emergency, and flooded with anti biotics. What puzzled me was that I was immunized against Pneumonia, but was told that immunization was for a different type and did not work to stop this bug getting started.

I was getting better, ready to be discharged today, then last night, at about 1am, I was medicated with infusion anti biotics and nurse left. I could not get to sleep . I moved my arm, and felt a wet spot under my arm. I turned on lights, and discovered, that the Canula partly came out of the vein, and opened enough room to pump out blood continuously. What was extremely alarming is, that if I would have fallen asleep, the next check on me would have been some 6 hours later, when I would have already passed from blood loss.
    Make things worse, my arm went into spasm and pain, I lost feeling in my fingers, and they were tingling, and my hand swelled up so I could hardly form a fist. I became more upset as I though I had a blood clot blocking from that vein, that could have travelled, and end of story.
    Mate, I hate hospitals with a vengeance.
    Joe, you should have had a Pneumovax 23 injection but some people only get the 7 or 13 serotype one.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    I made some "Get Well Son" - TMG fireworks for Joe, The Great Inventor.

NLG bullet really shines here,leaving more powder space with the same OAL. I will be able to safely push this 450 grainer past 2000 fps (610 m/s).

My alloy is only 12-14 BHN,very malleable. With HP,this is becoming a true varmint load.

Just shows how this coating does not need super hard alloy, that is a nice looking bullet and anything hit with it would leave a pink mist against that snow. Well done Sir. Regards Stephen

Page 629 of 742 FirstFirst ... 129529579619620621622623624625626627628629630631632633634635636637638639679729 ... LastLast