Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin460 View Post
    Beware Joe, they only want you for your Powder!!!! Be careful.

PS I would send you a bottle of burbon, IF you promise to send the finnished bottle back full of copper/red...... Deal?

PM sent.....

Boolit Bub
    Anyone know if there is any type of metallic blue coating?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fivel_976 View Post
    Anyone know if there is any type of metallic blue coating?
    Hahahahaha... The holy grail. I feel a Monty Python moment coming on...hahahahaha
    Joe.. You want to answer this????? Hahahahahahahaha
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

fivel 976

You mean about this color .Attachment 193659

Joe is working on that one and this one Attachment 193660 as we speak.

Edison 10,000 tries and the light bulb. Almost there.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Bub
    I was looking on a website from a bullet manufacturer in Colorado springs thay are using a coating in blue and purple as well as a few other colors

Boolit Bub
    Here's a picture off there website Click image for larger version. 

Name:	468080229.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	193671 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	468080228.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	193670

Boolit Bub
    I don't mean to be that guy, but those look horrible! Must say I do like the blue and purple colors, but that coating is very very uneven!
    Don't damn me
    When I speak a piece of my mind
    'Cause silence isn't golden
    When I'm holding it inside.
    G'n'R

Boolit Master

Here's a picture off there website Click image for larger version. 

Name:	468080229.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	193671 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	468080228.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	193670
    Can you please supply the website/seller of theses coated projectiles?
    Colours look great.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    fivel 976

You mean about this color .Attachment 193659

Joe is working on that one and this one Attachment 193660 as we speak.

Edison 10,000 tries and the light bulb. Almost there.

Avenger,
    Thanks for colours. However, over 10 years, and, despite trying many products I have not found any thing that was stable in our coatings system that stayed Blue or Yellow or pure Pink or Orange.
    The Pantone colours do not seem to be stable to heat.
    The Chemistry/property of our unique coating systems, simply seems to not be compatible with these materials, and many simply do not stand up to heat required to set out coatings.
    I have seen many coated projectiles, get into the market, but very few have provided any data on end use or suitability.
    Just by the simple fact that coatings are applied to an alloy, does not simply arrive at a conclusion that they will work, or that they meet all requirements.
    I am not trying to be negative, but I find it amusing, that people will try any thing to make a quick buck.
    Last edited by HI-TEK; 04-20-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    Can you please supply the website/seller of theses coated projectiles?
    Colours look great.
    I found it http://www.egglestonmunitions.com/shop.html
    Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Bub
    Egglestonmunitions.com

Here's a very high res pic from their site, too big to post here, click the link https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net.../396406058.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    Avenger,
    Thanks for colours. However, over 10 years, and, despite trying many products I have not found any thing that was stable in our coatings system that stayed Blue or Yellow or pure Pink or Orange.
    The Pantone colours do not seem to be stable to heat.
    The Chemistry/property of our unique coating systems, simply seems to not be compatible with these materials, and many simply do not stand up to heat required to set out coatings.
    That's OK Joe, I don't use your coating for the colors. Thanks.

Warhead
    I'll be that guy. Your right. And they do look like Easter eggs.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

I just noticed something in the high res pic I linked above, each bullet has the identical light reflections, marks and spots. Those are all the same photo and they used software to change the colors, guess you can't go by those pics to know just what they look like in life.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by benellinut View Post
    I just noticed something in the high res pic I linked above, each bullet has the identical light reflections, marks and spots. Those are all the same photo and they used software to change the colors, guess you can't go by those pics to know just what they look like in life.
    It is a mystery, why any one, would go to such lengths just to make their product more acceptable. Their customers would discover very quickly, that what was advertised is not the same as being purchased. It is not good for reputations at all.

Boolit Bub
    I seen a YouTube video guy got 500 blue 9mms I think that looked really nice in the video how I found the web site

I think your going to have to go PC if you want blue. And there is some kind of paint out there that a guy at the range was showing me. Of course neither PC or other types of paint were made with the intention of using as a lubricant in your guns. It just happens that some have been able to used it for a coating.

I've used a lot of products that were not intended for the use I was putting them to. Vaseline was intended for use on a person's body. But it also works as a decent lubricant for some things. I use it to lube the shell plate on my progressive press. Vinegar is another example. I haven't even scratched the surface with what it will do. Bailing wire and duct tape will fix a lot of things that they were not designed originally to do. My wife tapped her car back together with a roll of duct tape when she had a wreck on a trip with my daughter. It still amuses me to think of them tapeing that car back together and driving it about 200 miles back to the house.

But there are some products that look like they will work well and then have some unintended and sometimes dangerous effect. Blew up several test tubes with chemicals as a kid and have the scars to prove it. All of them were perfectly safe in my mind. I used something recently to lube a case I was putting through a sizing die and the shell stuck. I had to go through that extraction process with the puller. My Mother was the master of using things for task that they were not created for. She bent several butter knives using them for screw drivers. Dad finally brought some of his tools in and put them in the drawer in the kitchen. She still used the knife. She hardly ever used a hammer. She used her shoe heel.

Point is that Hi Tek was designed with the intention and tested to be used as a lubricant on your bullet in your gun and has been used that way for over 20 years. Short term evidence says powder coating is OK. Don't try the duct tape it don't work.
    Last edited by Avenger442; 04-22-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Boolit Master

I seen a YouTube video guy got 500 blue 9mms I think that looked really nice in the video how I found the web site
    5-976
    You should contact the U-Tube video guy to ask where he got the blue coloured coating, and what coating was used to obtain that colour. You should publish your findings.
    Then, you should also ask the manufacturer of the coating, if it is suitable for end use as posted on U-Tube. The fact that it is pretty, and Blue, or nice, does not suddenly make it suitable for end use application nor guarantee it will work.
    I have not seen any evidence to demonstrate that such a product will actually perform in end use applications. Having a Blue coloured coating does not automatically guarantee success or suitability. I may be out of line with my comments, but I find it strange that finding a Blue coating is suddenly is the ants pants and is desirable for users, and being Blue is the only thing that is important.

Boolit Master
    Buy I want blue with yellow spots.
    Go Parra

Or White with red spots.
    Go Dragons
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

White sounds good.......

Page 437 of 742 FirstFirst ... 337387427428429430431432433434435436437438439440441442443444445446447487537 ... LastLast