Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Hi Tek TMG Gold makes everything pretty,even my balls:

Attachment 234253
    You just made my eyes water with that. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    Those are some nice shiny balls right there.

Boolit Master
    My Australia Day mix.
    Kryponite Green and TMG Gold.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    If you added some red, you'd have Christmas too! look great.

Are those projectiles popular with IPSC? I was asked if i could make ones like that a few years ago, but didn't have a mould, so never got into making conical SWCs

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Joe.. the link is wrong.
    try again.
    Thanks, my mistake.
    I realised that to use this link, you must use my password to log onto Facebook. I must get my computer tech to show me how it is done correctly.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    If you added some red, you'd have Christmas too! look great.

Are those projectiles popular with IPSC? I was asked if i could make ones like that a few years ago, but didn't have a mould, so never got into making conical SWCs
    He has choices of 3 Red's but wont use any of them. Red 122, Candy Apple, DD Red.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    Thanks, my mistake.
    I realised that to use this link, you must use my password to log onto Facebook. I must get my computer tech to show me how it is done correctly.
    Come on Joe, we are trust worthy, right

Boolit Master
    I really do like the red 122, people see them and comment on how good it looks.

Boolit Master

Come on Joe, we are trust worthy, right
    No problems.

Boolit Master

I really do like the red 122, people see them and comment on how good it looks.
    If you like the Red 122 you would also like the Candy Apple, it has Golden Glitter embedded. You can see the colour as posted on FB.
    With J&M FB site, you must log into your individual Facebook accounts, and copy the link to J&M into search bar , then, it should take you there through Facebook.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    Anybody having trouble with the link to JM Facebook?

I get a message; "The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page." I think that Facbook would at least know why it is not being displayed!

Anyway, Joe, just can't pull it up and have tried several times.

Hello Avenger
    Apparently there was two things wrong, the site was restricted to friends only, but now it has been re-set for public views.

Second thing was that I had forgotten to advise, that people had to log onto their own Facebook site first,
    and enter link as I supplied, and it should take it straight to J&M Facebook page.

Attached is link that needs to be entered into search bar where there is www......

https://www.facebook.com/JM-Speciali...dmin_todo_tour

Hope that this works.

I just clicked on the link above and it took me straight to J&M FB.

Works great now Joe.
    Only thing is I logged in under my wife's account. My name is not Debbie
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    Works great now Joe.
    Only thing is I logged in under my wife's account. My name is not Debbie
    Thanks for quick feed back.
    I am learning this stuff, and will update site as I learn more.
    How did it look so far? At least you can see pictures of colours.

Boolit Master
    Candy Apple red is the best red.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    I need to get casting to use up more hi-tek so i can get some candy apple next time

I have noticed small bits of where the my projectiles possibly touch when cooking that after three coats you an see metal. Not all have this, and i'm concerned as they pass smash and wipe tests. It's almost as if the coating is still soft when taken out of the oven and when two have stuck to each other, one pulls a very small dot of coating off the other. I wonder if i take the tray out and let it cool before dumping it into a cooling tray to pile up for sizing. Could it be as simple as this?

When cooking, i don't have just one layer per tray, so they are all touching each other. It's only an appearance thing.

I need to get casting to use up more hi-tek so i can get some candy apple next time

I have noticed small bits of where the my projectiles possibly touch when cooking that after three coats you an see metal. Not all have this, and i'm concerned as they pass smash and wipe tests. It's almost as if the coating is still soft when taken out of the oven and when two have stuck to each other, one pulls a very small dot of coating off the other. I wonder if i take the tray out and let it cool before dumping it into a cooling tray to pile up for sizing. Could it be as simple as this?

When cooking, i don't have just one layer per tray, so they are all touching each other. It's only an appearance thing.
    Shoot me a PM and I send you 20g in a druggie bag, just so you can try it out.
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Buddy
    I shot myfirst coated boolits today in my Glock 20 10mm auto. They are 155 RNSWC Magma boolis. 2 coats of Hi Tek Gold supercoat.

They worked great, grouped nice together and the gun was clean after shooting about 50 of them. My load was 7 gr of Vhitavouri 350. A mild 10mm auto load. I shot them at my gun clubs indoor range and the smoke I'm used to from my traditional lubed naked lead bullets, were gone. One thing I noticed was the smell after shooting. It smelled almost like a welding shop. Is this normal, or have I done somthing wrong?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    That is some great coverage from two coats, they look great.

Honestly, i have never noticed the smell after shooting hi-tek, the only smell i get is the powder, but i use AP100, 70 and 50, all are not real clean burning so it over rides any other smells.

As long as they are passing the smash and wipe tests, you are doing everything right. As the barrel was clean, i say you are spot on.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hunter74 View Post
    I shot myfirst coated boolits today in my Glock 20 10mm auto. They are 155 RNSWC Magma boolis. 2 coats of Hi Tek Gold supercoat.

They worked great, grouped nice together and the gun was clean after shooting about 50 of them. My load was 7 gr of Vhitavouri 350. A mild 10mm auto load. I shot them at my gun clubs indoor range and the smoke I'm used to from my traditional lubed naked lead bullets, were gone. One thing I noticed was the smell after shooting. It smelled almost like a welding shop. Is this normal, or have I done somthing wrong?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

If I look at your coated alloy, you have some darker than others. This is telling me that some are baked OK and some are not (lighter colour). It could be a result of over loading of oven, inadequate uneven heat circulation. This will cause some (lighter coloured ones) to not be adequately heat cured.

Do not take oven temperatures as indicator of projectiles being adequately baked.
    All the projectiles, must get to 180C or above, and stay there for another 3 minutes afterwards.

If coatings are not baked adequately or evenly, the extra heat being produced from burning powder will cause such odours.
    You may have just reached cure enough to use coated projectiles, but extra heating/baking should fix this.
    Over baking will not harm coating only darken colour.

Page 554 of 742 FirstFirst ... 54454504544545546547548549550551552553554555556557558559560561562563564604654 ... LastLast