Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    OK... here it is... The HITEK Blue.
    Steel Blue....
    Look bloody great in the daylight.
    This pic doesn't do it Justice
    Is this colour available in the powder?, I'm thinking of trying it and a different colour at the same time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT303 View Post
    Is this colour available in the powder?, I'm thinking of trying it and a different colour at the same time.
    It is still being tested, when Trevor confirms it's working as it should, Joe won't be far behind with releasing it.

Boolit Buddy
    Where are you, Australia?.
    I'm in the US

Boolit Master

Hi Pat303

This colour is powdered as others, and if all goes well, should be in the US in two or three weeks.
    Initially, it will be available in limited quantity.
    It is best to keep in contact with Donnie at Hi-Performance Bullet Coating to secure your supply as some product becomes available.

Boolit Master
    Joe, I'm in Perth with a growing band of military rifle casters, is it for the US market only or can I get it here?.

Boolit Master

Joe, I'm in Perth with a growing band of military rifle casters, is it for the US market only or can I get it here?.
    Hi Pat303
    Early days with the Blues. From successful tests so far, on a couple, with at least 3 more to be tested, if all goes well, I will be sending a small quantity to the US to see if results can be reproduced there. Locally there is a commercial caster who already requested exclusivity of the lighter shade of Blue. AS yet, I have not even supplied them samples, as I am waiting on small amounts of materials to make small batch. I am hoping arrival mid to late next week, and thereafter I start playing.
    If all works out, and there is adequate volume interest, I will have to commit a lot of dollars up front to get materials.
    It is a risk for me to lay out large dollars and have materials sit around for years. It is just not viable if that happens. There is a saying "hasten slowly".

Boolit Master
    No problems mate, I might just buy some black and add it to my Texas Tea and make it black, I've been shooting TT for a while and want a change.

Boolit Buddy
    Another praise of the coating. Some of my customers made it their goal to make my boolits with 2 layers of coating to fail! The good news is that they have given up So far the 125 TC boilits holds up nice at 2000 fts in 9mm, with no leading in the barrel or comp.

A stady diet of this is clearly not recommended for the gun, but after xray-ing the barrel, the Tanfoglio open gun, and his bull barrel suffered no damage

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    What? 125 grain boolit @ 2000 fps in 9mm Tangwang? How?

Boolit Buddy
    Apparently a crazy load with vv 350

Boolit Buddy
    Both a doppler radar and a chrono showed the same result so it was not a misreading

Boolit Master
    The Chrono would have been reading the Tanwog destroying itself... no way 2000fps of of one of those wog chariots. Not in 9mm.
    Maybe in a 38 Super with a 90gn bullet and a gutfull of AP-70
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by dansedgli View Post
    I'm gearing up to do my next loading session.

170kgs of lead collected from my range last week and my master caster should be automated by the weekend.

What size household ovens are you Australian guys using? I want to get a bigger one but can I power it with a 10 or 15 amp plug or will it not be powerful enough?
    Hi , I also use a normal wall oven on a stand, I took the grill element out and retro fitted it into the bottom . So it has 2 elements now, one top one bottom. Fan in the back and 5 thick clay bricks in the bottom to act as heat capacitors.
    Mine is wired to 3 phase, but only because its close to the oven, 15A would have been fine.
    Also rigged with a PID for temp stability.
    Mike.
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Mike.

Moving stuff around and fitting an oven to the shed will be my next project I think.

I broke a piece of my master caster last week, the little post that opens the sprue. It might have already been broken, Im not sure. The part was $40 so I think it's time to buy a welder so I can fix it.

Anyway I ordered another part last Wednesday night around 10pm and it arrived yesterday, Monday, the Queen's birthday public holiday. How's that for service. Had something else sent by Aus Post on the same day. Still haven't got it.

I ordered a new 145 grain round nose mold so gave that a run last night. My compressor only turns on every hour. The automation seems to work well.

Is the HiTek blue dedicated to a current bullet maker or do we have a new guy coming soon?

Boolit Master
    I had mine break years ago too, i welded it back on, no issues since.

Magma don't mess about with postage, i got my paws on moulds within 5 working days, they shipped Monday USA time, i had them in my hands Friday our time, they are awesome.

I was wondering that too, we need to step up our game

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dansedgli View Post
    Is the HiTek blue dedicated to a current bullet maker or do we have a new guy coming soon?
    I have a funny feeling HRBC might want it to rekindle their Bluehawk line of bullets...

Dan....Mate... No welder????? Jesus H. Christ on the dunny....I'd be lost without the Mig, TIG and Plasma cutter...
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    I had one but sold it years ago when I stopped playing with cars and started shooting.

I think I paid rent on the mig gas bottle for 3 years and used 1/4 of it. :S

I hear you can buy the bottle now though.

Boolit Master
    I have a funny feeling HRBC might want it to rekindle their Bluehawk line of bullets...

Dan....Mate... No welder????? Jesus H. Christ on the dunny....I'd be lost without the Mig, TIG and Plasma cutter...
    I totally agree, i can't live without my toys.

Dassedgli - you are spot on, the rent is the killer, i don't use my welder enough to warrant hiring bottles.

Boolit Master
    Yep. Bunnings has Coregas $300 first pay $200 deposit and $100 for first gas. Then $99 swapover when empty.
    You get the $200 deposit back when you have finished with them.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Yep. Bunnings has Coregas $300 first pay $200 deposit and $100 for first gas. Then $99 swapover when empty.
    You get the $200 deposit back when you have finished with them.
    The only concern i have with an "owned" bottle is they can change the rules or possibly go broke. Back in the day, you could buy CIG bottles, but then it became BOC and you couldn't get them filled anymore without a rental account. I was lucky enough to have owned bottled for a while, but once you needed an account to fill 'em, i was boned

Page 591 of 742 FirstFirst ... 91491541581582583584585586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600601641691 ... LastLast