Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    i just love this color.everytime i'm loading my old gold hi tek'ed boolits,i'm feeling like a rich businessman LOL!!
    Glockfan,
    Mad scientists have been trying to convert Lead into Gold for years. Looks like you succeeded…..

Hey Glockfan, put several of the Hi-Tek Gold boolits in each pocket and it will make you feel like the rich business man all the more. NOTE; Do not show them off too much or there might be a Paddy Wagon parked out front and two burly men coming at you with a white shirt with very long sleeves. HEh Heh Heh!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    Hey Glockfan, put several of the Hi-Tek Gold boolits in each pocket and it will make you feel like the rich business man all the more. NOTE; Do not show them off too much or there might be a Paddy Wagon parked out front and two burly men coming at you with a white shirt with very long sleeves. HEh Heh Heh!
    when i see people's face looking at my ammo, i feel like carrying a million dollars in a suitcase knowing i'm about to get busted by thugs LOL!!

Update on new mould. Found the top punch in the die was off centered. Fixed by round ball rotary file and Southbend Lathe. Had the newly coated bullets loaded up 35 each before the fix. Shot for effect at 50 feet. Moved the rear sight on the Bersa Thunder 45 acp semi-auto. Next is how to raise the group. Shot three factory fmj, with the 4595 Hipoint carbine for a reference point. Then the last group with the carbine and 234 grain lead truncated boolit , 6.1 grains CFE powder. FPS up to 1001 in the carbine. Some less for the pistol. Feel much better trying the carbine on the hogs. Weather will soon be under the 90s and that will be the start for pig hunting for me and a guy named Vince.

Now for pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180810_113217.jpg   20180810_112526.jpg   20180810_113429.jpg  

Boolit Master
    i just love this color.everytime i'm loading my old gold hi tek'ed boolits,i'm feeling like a rich businessman LOL!!
    You ARE a rich Businessman...
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Attachment 225389

I'm having a serious blast with gold ammo a well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    You ARE a rich Businessman...
    seen from the angle that i have a lot of OLD GOLD to use....yep,i'm a rich prospector LOL!!

ok.i'm very,very happy with the results i'm getting with my hi tek'ed 35-145M accurate mold boolits.

here's the kind of groupings i'm getting at 20meters with my ZEV TECH G34.not that far ,but it,s the typical distances we shoot in ipsc,so all is good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04497.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	225390

of course that is a 3 inch bullseye .i do 5 shots groups,so at 20 meters off hands...im not the best shot out there,but my hi tek'ed boolits are on par in the accuracy department as jacketed. forget the 2 flyers,it's shooter's error.

Name:	DSC04499.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	225391

Name:	DSC04500.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	225392
    Last edited by glockfan; 08-11-2018 at 06:10 PM.

seen from the angle that i have a lot of OLD GOLD to use....yep,i'm a rich prospector LOL!!

ok.i'm very,very happy with the results i'm getting with my hi tek'ed 35-145M accurate mold boolits.

here's the kind of groupings i'm getting at 20meters with my ZEV TECH G34.not that far ,but it,s the typical distances we shoot in ipsc,so all is good.

Name:	DSC04497.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	225390

of course that is a 3 inch bullseye .i do 5 shots groups,so at 20 meters off hands...im not the best shot out there,but my hi tek'ed boolits are on par in the accuracy department as jacketed. forget the 2 flyers,it's shooter's error.

Name:	DSC04499.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	225391

Name:	DSC04500.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	225392
    Was your target moving at all at the time you placed your shots? Reason I ask, looking at the holes it appears "to me" and I may be wrong, I'm sure others will correct me if I am, it appears the bullets may be canting a tad during flight, if the target wasn't moving, if they are canting that would open your group. Still all in all, not a bad target for distance and free hand, I'd take it! What say the rest of the gang?
    Be careful what you wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by benellinut View Post
    Was your target moving at all at the time you placed your shots? Reason I ask, looking at the holes it appears "to me" and I may be wrong, I'm sure others will correct me if I am, it appears the bullets may be canting a tad during flight, if the target wasn't moving, if they are canting that would open your group. Still all in all, not a bad target for distance and free hand, I'd take it! What say the rest of the gang?
    i forgot to mention it was all quick double taps like we do at the ipsc games.

it was windy today,and the wind was playing with the 4 corners of the target .condition were not the best for such distance and fast double taps. when i do my part,the groups are much tighter than that,but still, it was a loosy day for me,my wife shot better groups than me.

i rarely practice my bullseye shooting,most of the time i shoot doubles , i'm kind of replicating the pace at the matches.

nest time i will practice my bullseye shooting skills,but i know that if i shoot slowly,aiming and press progressively till the shot goes, my casts are as accurate if not more than jacketed.

i forgot to mention it was all quick double taps like we do at the ipsc games.

it was windy today,and the wind was playing with the 4 corners of the target .condition were not the best for such distance and fast double taps. when i do my part,the groups are much tighter than that,but still, it was a loosy day for me,my wife shot better groups than me.

i rarely practice my bullseye shooting,most of the time i shoot doubles , i'm kind of replicating the pace at the matches.

nest time i will practice my bullseye shooting skills,but i know that if i shoot slowly,aiming and press progressively till the shot goes, my casts are as accurate if not more than jacketed.
    Ah, target moving explains it. I use to shoot Bullseye, until my spine problems got so bad that I devolved a weakness and uncontrollable shake in my right arm and hand, tests showed it was nerve damage that was permanent, "There's no going back Bob" (you'll recognize that if your a fan of the walking dead ) After a while frustration took over and the fun was gone, I walked away. I was inching up and out of Expert class when it all went to hell, now I can't hold a tight group like that now to save my *** but I can still hit a melon at gun fighting distance so good enough for every day carry. At least I have plaques and metals to remind me of those good days, I really miss the sport and the good people I met.

Good combo of sports you chose, I once read, a person who master's the skills of Bullseye and ipsc style shooting is someone to be reckoned with, I think that's pretty spot on.
    Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Master
    i know that if i shoot slowly,aiming and press progressively till the shot goes, my casts are as accurate if not more than jacketed.
    Attachment 225406.

My Hi-Tek 9mm is much more accurate than cheap bulk j-bullets. And 45-70 Hi-Tek I shoot clays @ 75 meters just fine,having almost too much fun.

Boolit Buddy
    I got my Old Gold in the mail this morning and got straight into making my first ever batch, a mixed lot of .44's for my 44-40's.

They came out great. It was much easier and less messy than i imagined. I did 3 coats but i'm sure 2 would have been ample. I just wanted to see what difference the 3rd coat made.

I will load them tomorrow and plan on getting to the range the following day.

I really hope they work well because even when doing 3 coats i was able to coat 170 boolits (5 pounds) in about the half the time i could lube them with the LAM II.

I'm using a Breville Smart Oven Pro and it works great. It has a convection fan and holds temperature well.
    It was interesting to watch the first batch go in with just a slight stain and slowly turn to gold.

Name:	First HiTek Batch in the Oven.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	225459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HiTek First Coat.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	225460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HiTek Second Coat.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	225461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HiTek Third Coat.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	225462

They passed the Acetone rub and smash test so i couldn't be more pleased with the results of my first batch.

They measured .435 after 3 coats. I sized them down to .432 with an NOE bushing type sizer and it needed much less effort than squeezing the bare lead bullets through the sizer.

Note to self. Don't mix boolits of the same caliber when coating with HiTek. They are hard to tell apart when sorting

I really want silver bullets now. Is there a silver coming in the new colors being tested now?
    Last edited by CamoWhamo; 08-13-2018 at 06:01 AM.

woaw.another dude who found the recipe to turn lead into gold!!

seriously,i just love this color big time,so attractive .i have a good stash of it,and i plan to get gold 1035 so i have variety gold LOL...

did you lubed the boolits before sizing? i'm asking this cuz i tried resizing unlubed,and it wasn't pleasant at all,and i also fear for the coating kind of getting ripped off in the die.....

also,did you measured the diameter before-after the three coating ? curious to know what 3 coats adds to the diameter.

Boolit Buddy

did you lubed the boolits before sizing?

also,did you measured the diameter before-after the three coating? curious to know what 3 coats adds to the diameter.
    I didn't lube them this time. I did order a bottle of the AquaLube but it didn't arrive in the package. Joe is sorting me out.

I thought they'd be harder and was going to just size one as a test but they went through so easy i had 50 done about 2 minutes.

The mold is .432 and they come out of the mold pretty much on the mark. My bore is .431 and i size them in the LAM II at .431 only because they don't make a .432 or .433 die for the LAM II. I'm happy that the HiTek adds a couple of thou as it gives me the option to size them larger with the NOE bushing dies.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=glockfan;4432552]woaw.another dude who found the recipe to turn lead into gold!!

seriously,i just love this color big time,so attractive .i have a good stash of it,and i plan to get gold 1035 so i have variety gold LOL...

Glockfan,
    If you love Old Gold, you will love Gold 1035. This is a brilliant gold.
    New gold, just recently tested is TMG Gold. This outshines all other gold colours, and is brilliant in sunlight.
    BUT, bad news is, that it is two and a half times price of other coatings.
    This site will not let me load picture, as it says that picture is too large.

May be Ausglock can load it.

Just over 1 kilo was made, and despite price, it sold instantly.
    I suppose what was of interest is that 1 kilo, using 2 coats should cover 120,000 -140,000 projectiles, so price aspect was less of a concern as each cast will cost $0.0011 for
    applied coating, (about $1.10 per 1000)

[QUOTE=HI-TEK;4432568]
    woaw.another dude who found the recipe to turn lead into gold!!

Glockfan,
    If you love Old Gold, you will love Gold 1035. This is a brilliant gold.
    New gold, just recently tested is TMG Gold. This outshines all other gold colours, and is brilliant in sunlight.
    BUT, bad news is, that it is two and a half times price of other coatings.
    This site will not let me load picture, as it says that picture is too large.

May be Ausglock can load it.

Just over 1 kilo was made, and despite price, it sold instantly.
    I suppose what was of interest is that 1 kilo, using 2 coats should cover 120,000 -140,000 projectiles, so price aspect was less of a concern as each cast will cost $0.0011 for
    applied coating, (about $1.10 per 1000)
    euuu...can you put my name in line for that TMG gold please lol? that new kinda gold is intriguing. couldn't care less about the price,since you point out i would cover more peas with less product........and i'm sure trevor will be more than happy to get us drooling on the keyboard with his computer fu skills lol.

i think the name of my start up is imposing itself to me: '''the golden bullet company '''' LOL!!...sounds great to me

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=glockfan;4433376]
    Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post

euuu...can you put my name in line for that TMG gold please lol? that new kinda gold is intriguing. couldn't care less about the price,since you point out i would cover more peas with less product........and i'm sure trevor will be more than happy to get us drooling on the keyboard with his computer fu skills lol.

i think the name of my start up is imposing itself to me: '''the golden bullet company '''' LOL!!...sounds great to me

Glockfan,
    I like that name, or I like also Goldfinger, or is that patented with James Bond movies, or even Midas Touch....???

On e company recycles Lead, and calls himself Waste -to-Gold. He is happy as, because he is inundated with orders from what I heard.

That TMG Gold, is really nice, and, I have already tried to get more so I can make some sample quantities of the TMG Gold. I have a few that want it.

Apparently, commercial packs of ingredients are several thousand dollars. Very much an enthusiasm killer.

Ausglock has not posted the TMG despite prompting.

Last time I spoke to Ausglock, I was glad I was far away from him, as he has a lurgy that crawls through telephones and infects all... He sounded bad, gravel voice.

joe,what are the reasons for TMG gold reaching such high price? is there additional ingredients that pile up so the price reflect it?

you said it kind of shine more than the other colors,is that means there's some more metal in it?

will wait till it becomes available so we can buy in larger amount. i'm going to produce my commercial boolits in gold livery only. that makes my production easier than having multiple colors ,and also it makes my production easy to ifdentify on a firing line.

the old gold cooks very easy, even diluting the first coat, once heat is on,it already turns gold. a thin first coat is misleading visually.some may think: '''.....well,the coverage is too thin, some boolits gets no juice....''''. wrong.

even if you think the juice hasn't reached some on the bottom of the bucket , it's only a visual thing. the minute heat is on,you realize that the boolits you were thinking got no contact with the product after the swirling part, are getting gold too. it doesn't take much.only a little amount is enough to seal them properly on the first coat.

Boolit Master

joe, what are the reasons for TMG gold reaching such high price? is there additional ingredients that pile up so the price reflect it?

you said it kind of shine more than the other colors,is that means there's some more metal in it? No. more metallic added. The ingredients are a new technology components for high end market products and are priced accordingly. I tried it to see if it was stable in the coatings. I was surprised how effective it was.

will wait till it becomes available so we can buy in larger amount. I'm going to produce my commercial boolits in gold livery only. that makes my production easier than having multiple colors ,and also it makes my production easy to identify on a firing line.

the old gold cooks very easy, even diluting the first coat, once heat is on it already turns gold. a thin first coat is misleading visually, some may think: '''.....well, the coverage is too thin, some boolits gets no juice....''''. wrong. This is just as easy to apply as all others. Results are just more user appealing.
    If you look at Gunmetal, the mixture is totally does not indicate what is final colour you will get. Baking actually develops the colour, which ranges from Dark green to almost Black/green.

even if you think the juice hasn't reached some on the bottom of the bucket , it's only a visual thing. the minute heat is on,you realize that the boolits you were thinking got no contact with the product after the swirling part, are getting gold too. it doesn't take much, only a little amount is enough to seal them properly on the first coat.
    I think Petander also touched on this point, as well with others, who actually discovered that about 2 thou works. Petander used I think 3 coats(very diluted mixtures) to get his finish.

Page 521 of 742 FirstFirst ... 21421471511512513514515516517518519520521522523524525526527528529530531571621 ... LastLast