MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

If we could only swap some of our cold for some of your heat. Temp swings here have been 40 F from one day to the next. In shorts one day and the coat the next. Kinda normal in Alabama. There is a saying here "If you don't like the weather today don't worry it will change tomorrow".
    Attachment 235916

I can remember a winter back in the early '60s when we had snow one day and it was 70 F the next.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    In Melbourne, temperature can change hourly, hot to cold, or anything in between. Not sure it's 1 40f swing though. In brisbane, we never get below 2c, and maximum of about 42c, so a swing of about 70f over an entire year, not a daily change like you mention.

It's our nature to ***** about the weather, it's too hot, it's too cold, we can't be kept happy. I'd be happy to take some of your cold weather.

Boolit Master
    From 43 yesterday to 22 today. so much more comfortable today..
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    This thread needs a cat pic now.

We have had normal winter here,a couple of feet of snow, -5 to -25 °C. Except it has been pouring water lately, +5C right now. Quite a mess everywhere. It's not time for the spring yet.

I think I'd like another colour,Red maybe... because my Ballisti-Cat bought me my first Mihec mold, absolutely fantastic. So I need more colour codes - and red is nice for summer.

Attachment 236048

Boolit Master
    I have used lots of Candy Apple Red and is one of my favorites. I guess my weather here is not to bad only -3 C and light snow.

Banned
    I'm a fan of Black Cherry

Boolit Master
    Candy Apple is very nice.
    I'm currently playing with an old bottle of Liquid coating I found lurking in the back of the fridge.
    De-frosted the fridge and found it way at the back.
    It is Rose Red dated 2013.
    Mixed it 5-1-7 with Extreme 2 Catatyst yesterday. Will do some coating over the weekend.

Also found a bottle of 2FR2K red as well.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Candy Apple is very nice.
    I'm currently playing with an old bottle of Liquid coating I found lurking in the back of the fridge.
    De-frosted the fridge and found it way at the back.
    It is Rose Red dated 2013.
    Mixed it 5-1-7 with Extreme 2 Catatyst yesterday. Will do some coating over the weekend.

Also found a bottle of 2FR2K red as well.
    Maybe you could post some photos when finished?

Red is one of the colors that I have not tried. I might have to get with Donnie a try some Candy Apple. It is a metallic right?
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger442 View Post
    Maybe you could post some photos when finished?

Red is one of the colors that I have not tried. I might have to get with Donnie a try some Candy Apple. It is a metallic right?
    Yes. Candy Apple in Metallic.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    I'm a fan of Black Cherry
    Me too. My first ever Mihec slugs got Black Cherried.

Attachment 236170

Hey Trevor, I read where someone said their coated bullets were so slick they could barely pick them up! I would like to have a coating that I could put on a polished steel pipe holding the bird feeder that was slick enough the squirrel couldn't climb it. Is there such a powder avaiable that you know of?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    Hey Trevor, I read where someone said their coated bullets were so slick they could barely pick them up! I would like to have a coating that I could put on a polished steel pipe holding the bird feeder that was slick enough the squirrel couldn't climb it. Is there such a powder avaiable that you know of?
    We have same problems here with Possums and bush rats as big as cats.
    The only thing I found effective is a small solar powered electric fence system. An electric tape is wound onto non conductive arms.
    Another way is to split a PVC tube, about 15 -18 inches long, fix it to the pipe at top and bottom edges, then wind the conductive tape around it, and make sure, the tape does not touch any part of the pipe or screws. As critters climb up the steel post and touch the tape, they get a shock. After a few shocks, they wont try again .

I used a solar powered electric fence system to stop foxes, pigs, possums, rats, bats from eating our produce such as Corn, pumpkins and other veggies.

I also make a Fruit fly lure/poison, this attracts fruit flies, that go inside a jar and they become overwhelmed with poison fumes and die. This system is on all trees winter and summer to reduce fruit fly population. No poison is sprayed on any fruit, but I have a clever system, it is a Nylon fine mesh bag with a string tie, and this is put over small fruit that has not been attacked.
    I put 3 bags on each bunch of fruit . I have had 100% success in stopping birds, possums, bats and the fruit flies from eating and or damaging the fruit. They simply cant get to the fruit, and bags are slippery and unstable for climbing critters.

Bags are re used each year.

Sorry for non related blog matter.
    Last edited by HI-TEK; 02-17-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Boolit Master
    That is some good idea there Joe, We are all here to learn be it post related or not. Regards Stephen

Hey Joe, what you need is one or two of my Old Style Rat Terrier puppies. The sire is Duke , a Lynch bred 30 lb three year old that could take care of those bush rats and possums DRT.

Boolit Master
    My parents have the exact same issue with possums and wallabies, they are cute, but eat EVERYTHING. I built walls around gardens with tin roofing so they had nothing to grab on to, it keeps the wallabies out, but not the possums and rats.

Tried an electric fence, didn't work, but if it was done smarter with multiple rows of electric goodness, there is a possibility it would have worked a bit better. One stick or rain on the fence, and it will stop being effective as the electricity sparks over.

Over here we aren't allowed to shoot in our back yards, so we haven't even got that option, these critters may even be protected, so doing so may be a big no no, never looked into it for the first reason.

Banned
    airguns and crossbows are effective

Boolit Master
    Sadly over here, both are not allowed to be shot in the back yard. They have even made crossbows licensed as far as i was aware.

If it's fun, the government wants to take it away from us....

Boolit Master
    Yes... .we got whitetail deer bow-legal two years ago,I was the first in our hunting club to pass the shooting test. The first in the whole county in fact. Now moose is coming bow-legal... meanwhile the authorities are getting more and more rights to confiscate guns from people. What's next,spears? "You don't need firearms,spear is bear legal now!"

Boolit Master
    Awesome job on being the first to pass the tests.

I never thought of a bow being powerful enough to take down deer or moose, but that's what they used to use many years ago for taking them down for food.

That's the thing, the politicians say no guns, but what are they protected with? yep, GUNS, do as i say, not as i do.

Boolit Master
    Big Congrats to Dansedgli.
    Dan won the Victorian IPSC State titles in Standard Division shooting his cast and coated 168gn ZK in 357Sig.
    Well done, Dan.
    Try and catchup for a yarn at the Nationals in a few weeks.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Page 561 of 742 FirstFirst ... 61461511551552553554555556557558559560561562563564565566567568569570571611661 ... LastLast