Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Master
    You sure have done some great testing with TMG gold. I need more time to sit back and do testing too, i'm having fun with 122 red, initially i wanted a nice bright red like the american eagle 9mm? but after cooking, it's a deep red to purple that looks really good.

Keep up the good reviews, looking forward to trying to harden some of my cast in the next week or so, see if i can get similar results to you.

Boolit Master
    I have a batch of 30 min baked/ ice water dropped outside right now.

With my alloy,I can use a little more TMG than other colours with no ill effects. The first coat almost covers the whole bullet,including grooves. I keep thinking about my Niobium alloy contaminant.

Excellent results anyway.

Boolit Master
    Looking forward to hearing how they go, i may have a go of doing this over the weekend too. See if my alloy will harden at all. I can then have a few batches to test over time, see if it can be done scientific like

I measure my projectiles out with a plastic container then add 5ml of coating that gives a good coating, not all lube grooves are filled, but by the third one, they look mostly filled in. I have mistakenly given half batches a full 5ml of coating without issues, they just look better coated when dropping them out, they don't stick together like i was worried they would, you have to do something really stupid to have issues.

I'd like to get some of my lead checked to see just what's in it, i have a fair bit of recovered range scrap, when i have issues with frozen lead around the pour rod (i run fairly low pot temepratures so it does freeze every so often if i add ingots too fast), i hit it with the oxy, i get a little green in the flame, so there has to be copper in there. I don't know if it's just residual dross from when it was first cleaned as the scrap had a LOT of jackets in it, so i suspect there can and would be copper dust in there. I have also heard from this forum that copper can be dissolved in the lead, but won't cause issues.

One of my favourite pastimes, shake and bake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D730A2D8-C851-4529-A304-31CD4516DD75.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	250865

Name:	1C8903AA-C11C-41E1-8C9F-7B7E6F17C361.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	250866

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatz357 View Post
    One of my favourite pastimes, shake and bake.

Name:	D730A2D8-C851-4529-A304-31CD4516DD75.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	250865

Name:	1C8903AA-C11C-41E1-8C9F-7B7E6F17C361.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	250866
    What colour is that? looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    What colour is that? looks awesome
    It's Candy Apple with Red 122 add. I think mix was 16 grams Candy Apple and 4 grams Red 122. My previous life as a vehicle spray painter - panel beater showing through perhaps, love mixing and matching colours.

Boolit Master
    Well, you sure nailed it, looks great

I tried to colour match something before, all i had were rattle cans, so i sprayed out paint and mixed colours together, guess how well that went? yeah, not well at all....... It seems i suck at mixing colours

Boolit Master
    Beautiful indeed!

Boolit Master
    One coat TMG Gold.

I use 10 ml / 10 lbs as per instructions BUT I use 6ml Metho first,swirl for a wet look. Then add and swirl 10 ml full strength Hi Tek for 30 sec.

I don't get this kind of first coat with any other colour.

Boolit Master
    How about investing in some decent trays???
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    How about investing in some decent trays???
    These are custom made and adjustable to fit my three different size ovens.

Boolit Master
    Now I have invented TMG Bronze.

This is 15 min heat treated from 8 to possibly 14 BHN. I will know for sure in a few days.

Joe please I need a kilo of Original TMG Gold. Or make it two. Please don't discontinue just yet. My alloy contaminants don't matter much at all with this particular coating of yours.

Boolit Master

Tmg

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Now I have invented TMG Bronze.

Joe please I need a kilo of Original TMG Gold. Or make it two. Please don't discontinue just yet. My alloy contaminants don't matter much at all with this particular coating of yours.
    Petander,
    I will have a look at possibility. Not making any promises.

At present, I have major concerns here.
    We have relocated all our stock, raw materials packaging into a safe warehouse.
    We may have to leave here with short notice due to severe bush fires.
    I cannot concentrate in making any thing until things sort itself out with Fires.
    It is possible, I may loose my property, home and other buildings.
    It is a very worrying time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    Petander,

I cannot concentrate in making any thing until things sort itself out with Fires.
    Glad you're thinking ahead for worst case scenario, move all essentials to a safe location. I hope your place stays safe, there are a lot of places going up, this summer is going to be horrible.

Boolit Master

Glad you're thinking ahead for worst case scenario, move all essentials to a safe location. I hope your place stays safe, there are a lot of places going up, this summer is going to be horrible.
    Tazza,
    I think we were lucky these last few days as winds were pushing fire away from our area.
    We are surrounded in several areas, with severe fires that are continuing out of control.
    All it takes is a wind change, and lit embers sent into our area, and we also can be lit up.
    Some of these fires consumed huge areas in hours. If I recall details correctly , fire embers travelled at 60-70km per hour with winds at 80-90km/hour. There are reports that homeowners after seeing fire coming, lost their homes in 15 minutes afterwards.
    We have had Choppers and planes flying over us, carrying water to a nearby area, a few kilometres from us. We can see the red glow and huge smoke clouds. We are simply waiting and hope we will be OK, and praying for a huge rain storm to put out these fires..

Boolit Master

Tazza,
    I think we were lucky these last few days as winds were pushing fire away from our area.
    We are surrounded in several areas, with severe fires that are continuing out of control.
    All it takes is a wind change, and lit embers sent into our area, and we also can be lit up.
    Some of these fires consumed huge areas in hours. If I recall details correctly , fire embers travelled at 60-70km per hour with winds at 80-90km/hour. There are reports that homeowners after seeing fire coming, lost their homes in 15 minutes afterwards.
    We have had Choppers and planes flying over us, carrying water to a nearby area, a few kilometres from us. We can see the red glow and huge smoke clouds. We are simply waiting and hope we will be OK, and praying for a huge rain storm to put out these fires..
    I am only trying to protect ourselves, and keep my materials safe, so I can continue afterwards.

Boolit Master
    It's scary i bet, you never know what's going to happen.

Where i am, we have large amounts of bush land, in 40-50 years, it has never caught fire. hey have done a control burn a year or 2 ago to get rid of a lot of the fuel, but the properties did not get burnt, so there is always a chance they could go up and jump from yard to yard.

I have seen video of how fires move with high winds, i hope to never see this in person.

Stay safe buddy, keep the yard and house as wet as you can with the water you have stored to give the best chance till it rains again

Boolit Master

It's scary i bet, you never know what's going to happen.

I have seen video of how fires move with high winds, i hope to never see this in person.

Stay safe buddy, keep the yard and house as wet as you can with the water you have stored to give the best chance till it rains again

I have videos and photos but I cannot post them. I saw first hand, this fire travel some 25 kilometres in about an hour, burning every thing in its path fanned by high wind and the huge air suction created by heat rising and burning process.
    I have seen a wall of flames 3 KM plus long and 50 metres high.

We can wet areas, and, despite our premises being made from non flammable material cladding, Steel frames, the embers entering places causes fires inside these buildings.
    This was clearly demonstrated with many that had already property burnt to the ground, and had pictures of half melted Steel on the ground.

Boolit Master
    Hang in there Joe. Hoping everything works out.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Master
    Petander,

Oh my I didn't know that you are in the fire area...

Best wishes and prayers is all I can do,never mind TMG for now.

Page 622 of 742 FirstFirst ... 122522572612613614615616617618619620621622623624625626627628629630631632672722 ... LastLast